Poll: Which is better?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleax View Post
    Did Blizzard at least confirmed that there will be TBC servers?
    Witch classic being such a huge success and they know people want TBC, plus the servey they sent out. Pretty much confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    why not? i dont think many people want to leave their characters
    I personally do not mind a whole lot about my characters, but I can understand why some people feel attached to them.

Personally however, I think people are underestimating the impact endgame Classic gear has on early level TBC gear. I don't think we are gonna get a progressive TBC server, but if we do and the early itemization is shit (items from dungeons/heroics/Gruul/Karazhan/TK/SSC/Magtheridon) then AQ40 and Naxxramas gear is onpar and in a lot of cases even vastly superior. This was not a problem back then because so few people cleared AQ and Naxx up until the release of TBC (adding to that people didn't understand the game very well anyway), but a lot more guilds are gonna do that in Classic.

Which is why I think the very most important thing is that no matter what Blizzard chooses to do, fresh TBC servers with no way of transferring to them for 3-6 months or whatever, should also be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeylife View Post
    I personally do not mind a whole lot about my characters, but I can understand why some people feel attached to them.

Personally however, I think people are underestimating the impact endgame Classic gear has on early level TBC gear. I don't think we are gonna get a progressive TBC server, but if we do and the early itemization is shit (items from dungeons/heroics/Gruul/Karazhan/TK/SSC/Magtheridon) then AQ40 and Naxxramas gear is onpar and in a lot of cases even vastly superior. This was not a problem back then because so few people cleared AQ and Naxx up until the release of TBC (adding to that people didn't understand the game very well anyway), but a lot more guilds are gonna do that in Classic.

Which is why I think the very most important thing is that no matter what Blizzard chooses to do, fresh TBC servers with no way of transferring to them for 3-6 months or whatever, should also be an option.
    it might be the best solution but not practical, since people are gonna complain

While there is some merit to this argument, i generally have two issues with this.

1.How fast people clear certain content doesn't affect other people.
    If people that have cleared Naxx can enter Kara right off the bat, i don't see much of an issue because it doesn't affect anyone else directly.

Unlike gold, where the gold from Classic would most certainly impact the TBC economy.

2.Hitting a full reset has loads of issues from a player perspective.

If they go for a "start off from level 1" approach, you are going to lose lots of players before they even get into TBC content.
    It means month(s) for a lot of players before they even get to 58 again.
    If you spent a lot of time leveling your character on Classic, you don't want to do this again just to play TBC, let alone multiple characters.

Not to mention that people would also need to level their professions AGAIN just to get into TBC crafting, at which point most people would just say "fuck it" and leave.

With Pre mades, any content before 58 is DoA, despite TBC adding new low level zones and quests, it's also going to be very easy for people to reroll in case they don't like their current main.
    58 - 70 is really not a major obstacle.
    I don't want to imagine how the Warrior population on Classic would look like if you start off from 48.

Lastly, even the people that are currently playing Alliance on Classic would most likely roll Horde in TBC because Horde has better racials in TBC and since you'd have a clean cut to Classic, there is no additional effort involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    While there is some merit to this argument, i generally have two issues with this.

1.How fast people clear certain content doesn't affect other people.
    If people that have cleared Naxx can enter Kara right off the bat, i don't see much of an issue because it doesn't affect anyone else directly.

Unlike gold, where the gold from Classic would most certainly impact the TBC economy.

2.Hitting a full reset has loads of issues from a player perspective.

If they go for a "start off from level 1" approach, you are going to lose lots of players before they even get into TBC content.
    It means month(s) for a lot of players before they even get to 58 again.
    If you spent a lot of time leveling your character on Classic, you don't want to do this again just to play TBC, let alone multiple characters.

Not to mention that people would also need to level their professions AGAIN just to get into TBC crafting, at which point most people would just say "fuck it" and leave.

With Pre mades, any content before 58 is DoA, despite TBC adding new low level zones and quests, it's also going to be very easy for people to reroll in case they don't like their current main.
    58 - 70 is really not a major obstacle.
    I don't want to imagine how the Warrior population on Classic would look like if you start off from 48.

Lastly, even the people that are currently playing Alliance on Classic would most likely roll Horde in TBC because Horde has better racials in TBC and since you'd have a clean cut to Classic, there is no additional effort involved.
    I am really only saying that all I personally want is fresh servers where people cannot migrate to them (off the bat anyway). This does not affect people either, it is not important for me if we are to start from 1 or 58. If all it takes to make people quit is leveling their professions though, then they probably should not play any kind of Classic or TBC anyway.

it is not important for me if we are to start from 1 or 58.
    But it affects other people and has significant ramifications.
    "I don't care" is shortsighted, you have to pick one or the other, both have significant drawbacks.
    If all it takes to make people quit is leveling their professions though, then they probably should not play any kind of Classic or TBC anyway.
    Reducing it down to leveling professions really ignores the elephant in the room which is leveling from 1 to 60.
    And the problem isn't "doing it", it's doing the very same thing again after just ~two years, depending on the release of TBC servers.

I don't think I'd play if they don't open new servers and have everyone start at level 58 or 60.

Leveling from 1 would instantly make me not play, and if everyone can transfer their characters they'd get a pretty huge head start for gold/professions, I'm not sure if that would completely stop me from playing but I'd likely lose interest.

Classic servers should just stay as they are and then there should be brand new TBC servers that start you at level 60 and you can just go to Outlands immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    But it affects other people and has significant ramifications.
    "I don't care" is shortsighted, you have to pick one or the other, both have significant drawbacks.

Reducing it down to leveling professions really ignores the elephant in the room which is leveling from 1 to 60.
    And the problem isn't "doing it", it's doing the very same thing again after just ~two years, depending on the release of TBC servers.
    Once again - I just want fresh servers. That's all. Then you can go do whatever you want.

3+ Year Old Account
    People are not aware of how empty 90% of current Classic servers will be once TBC releases. I think Blizzard will merge them all to have 2-3 per zones, that will be more than enough it. I think over 70% of Classic players (plus a lot of new players who don't want to play Vanilla) will transition to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    People are not aware of how empty 90% of current Classic servers will be once TBC releases.
    How full do you think the servers will be when BC launches? Or rather, how full would they be if they said no BC?

Classic forever will get old fast for a lot of people. I'll kill KT in Naxx, and if that is that, adios. Game is over for me. And most of my raid team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    yes but bring ur characters along
    So you created this thread with an agenda, could tell from the voting options.

No thank you, start over. Why are Classic players so eager to leave it and carry their progress over to TBC? Feels bad I guess. Nope, start from 0 or 58/60 premade characters (probably the former).

Hope Blizzard listens to the right people, which the state of current retail, is unlikely.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    ...and how would you deal with the economic impact of character copies?
    Lets say you have 300g on your Classic account, what then stops you from copying your character 5 times, 10 times, 100 times so you have unlimited gold and resources?
    "Okay, 1 copy per account." ...so now I lose my alt(s) who I play and invest as much time into as I do my main?
    Just allow one copy per character? Simplest solution ever lol.

Can you explain what's so wrong with carrying over a Classic character?

Quote Originally Posted by Flay- View Post
    Can you explain what's so wrong with carrying over a Classic character?
    If you allow when people to transfer characters, groups of people can share a huge amount of gold an ruin a server economy.

Same could happen if they say at a certain time and date, people can still horde items and money.

Thanks for the response. That makes sense.

Other:
    New TBC servers (with faction balances from the get go)
    No character copy. Everyone starts from level 1 with 0 gold
    Classic servers stays as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by akse View Post
    Other:
    New TBC servers (with faction balances from the get go)
    No character copy. Everyone starts from level 1 with 0 gold
    Classic servers stays as it is.
    Yes to new, fresh, separate TCB servers starting at lvl 1. It would solve the issue of excessive consumable/gold hoarding, which a straight 'progression' of classic servers to TBC and character copy system presents.
    Yes to Classic WoW servers staying as they are.
    I'd like to see some faction balance mechanic introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    If you allow when people to transfer characters, groups of people can share a huge amount of gold an ruin a server economy.

Same could happen if they say at a certain time and date, people can still horde items and money.
    you can keep my gold, but I am not interested in re-leveling characters and/or their professions. I think anyone who likes these kinds of options are obviosly not playing Classic.

Servers upgrading to TBC automatically like a normal expansion. Open up 1-2 new servers that have classic fully unlocked that will stay that way forever that people can transfer their chars too if they wish.

As a bonus they could cap gold to x amount going into TBC and remove anything thats not soulbound.

The only question here is who has to transfer to different servers, the TBC people or the stay classic forever people. And the answer should be whoever is the minority so that they are kept in the same place. You dont want to spread the minority out over 20 servers, leaving everything a wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by Essem View Post
    Servers upgrading to TBC automatically like a normal expansion. Open up 1-2 new servers that have classic fully unlocked that will stay that way forever that people can transfer their chars too if they wish.

As a bonus they could cap gold to x amount going into TBC and remove anything thats not soulbound.

The only question here is who has to transfer to different servers, the TBC people or the stay classic forever people. And the answer should be whoever is the minority so that they are kept in the same place. You dont want to spread the minority out over 20 servers, leaving everything a wasteland.
    This is a slight modification of something suggested a few pages back.

About a month or so before TBC launches, Blizzard snapshots all current Classic realms. These realms are then copied to become TBC realms. Economies, gold, whatever be damned... that's just how it'll be moving into TBC. Once TBC launches, players are given a choice to stay on their current realm or move to the copied TBC realm. Since a majority of players will move over, most Classic realms will be left barren. After about a month, Blizzard then takes all of the remaining Classic-only realms and merges them into 3-4 mega servers. Now we'll have a thriving Classic-only community working alongside the functioning TBC community. Obviously this solution isn't perfect, either, but I think it hits enough of the beats that pro-TBC players want to see without fully alienating the portion of the playerbase who would like to stay on Classic forever.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-04-10 at 06:02 PM.