10+ Year Old Account
    Preaches daily content review video is good. I want daily content to be more like thunder isle and less like 8.3.

Waiting for work to start California time so we can see if we get the Alpha is agony!. If only there was a better way to spend time, like playing games or something...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Preaches daily content review video is good. I want daily content to be more like thunder isle and less like 8.3.
    Personally i find the only true annoyance in 8.3 are the dailies. The assaults are great, and could be the ideal way to structure emissaries at least, going forward.
    The problem with daily content in general is that it is less dependant on how it is structured, and more on how enjoyable traversing the landscape is, and for that i think Flying is an absolute crippling blow to 8.3 dailies, since every quest boils down to the same boring routine of flying around with nothing threatening you until you find what you need, then hope noone else is going to take it before you do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    And Master Loot was never option for that content. Why remove it from organized groups?
    Wasn't it already discussed Blizzard did not want to encourage split raiding?

There's a lot of shit mythic raiders don't want to do, but they do anyway for min-maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Wasn't it already discussed Blizzard did not want to encourage split raiding?

There's a lot of shit mythic raiders don't want to do, but they do anyway for min-maxing.
    And removing Master Loot did exactly zero to discourage split raiding.

Now it's even worse than before: now they need to farm tons of M+ to make loot tradeable and then make armor stack groups to make the loot funneling possible.

10+ Year Old Account

Now it's even worse than before: now they need to farm tons of M+ to make loot tradeable and then make armor stack groups to make the loot funneling possible.
    Well, that's their fucking retarded problem and they're not the majority of the player base so I really don't care that they're willing to do that.

For over 20 years I've always held the opinion that players in any game of any type should never have control over loot drops. Always encourages favoritism and dickery.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

7+ Year Old Account

And how big group of players is actually doing this? Top raiders will ALWAYS do w/e is possible to get gear, but there is not that many of them.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-06 at 01:18 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account

I'm stating what was said for the reason, not arguing.

Also ofc it's worse than before because M+ didn't exist before. M+ being infinitely grindable is why that occurs. That doesn't have anything to do with Master Loot in Raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    Well, that's their fucking retarded problem and they're not the majority of the player base so I really don't care that they're willing to do that.

For over 20 years I've always held the opinion that players in any game of any type should never have control over loot drops. Always encourages favoritism and dickery.
    Then why remove Master Loot when the problem it causes affected only the tiny hardcore minority? Now they removed it for everyone one the problem got even worse for the tiny hardcore minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And how big group of players is actually doing this? Top raiders will ALWAYS do w/e is possible to get gear, but there is not that many of them.
    EXACTLY!
    Why punish everyone for the tiny top's actions, especially when the tiny top percentage will continue to do so regardless?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why punish everyone for the tiny top's actions, especially when the tiny top percentage will continue to do so regardless?
    Do you really think all those lfr/normal/hc raiders feel punished? They most likely are glad that all the ML hassle and drama are gone. That change was made for them. And if tiny % on top spams m+/splits hard, regardless of loot system, and keeps complaining? Well, shit.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-06 at 01:22 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Do you really think all those lfr/normal/hc raiders feel punished? They most likely are glad that all the ML hassle and drama are gone. That change was made for them. And if tiny % on top spams m+/splits hard, regardless of loot system? Well, shit.
    Loot hassle didn't go anywhere. It is only harder to manage now.

7+ Year Old Account
    No.It's.Not.

Like how is it harder, when addons/BiS lists are not required any more? These players don't have to instal now ANY loot addon, or prep ANY BiS lists. My guild (EP 5/7m) never used any addon in BfA, and we had ZERO loot problems, while in Legion we had tons. Drama, undecided/unknowledgeable peeps made ML still distribute items, while we were sitting and waiting at the next boss. We are not talking about hardcore raiders man. So again, how is it harder to manage the loot now during the raid, when you simply loot the corpse and give away w/e you don't need ?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-06 at 01:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure I agree with this bit.

As a newcomer to organized raiding the way our group handles it is if you get an item you don't need just whisper the designated loot distributor who then puts the item up for roll for anyone that needs it. All the while the raid continues killing trash to get to the next boss.

No having to stop every single time all loot from a boss drops to decipher who "best deserves it" by managing multiple BiS lists and comparing em against each other factoring in the class balance at the time.

Do you really think all those lfr/normal/hc raiders feel punished? They most likely are glad that all the ML hassle and drama are gone. That change was made for them. And if tiny % on top spams m+/splits hard, regardless of loot system, and keeps complaining? Well, shit.
    I preferred being able to roll on something or spend DKP on an item i actually wanted vs the meaningless reward system we have now where an item just shows up in your bags. It gave you a sense of satisfaction hitting a 100 and winning that piece youve been hunting for. Loot in general now doesn't feel like a reward at all.

No.It's.Not.

Like how is it harder, when addons/BiS lists are not required any more? These players don't have to instal now ANY loot addon, or prep ANY BiS lists. My guild (EP 5/7m) never used any addon in BfA, and we had ZERO loot problems, while in Legion we had tons. Drama, undecided/unknowledgeable peeps made ML still distribute items, while we were sitting and waiting at the next boss. We are not talking about hardcore raiders man. So again, how is it harder to manage the loot now during the raid?
    You say we don't need AddOns for loot distribution anymore. That is complete bullshit. We need them now more than ever.

Loot drops: Everyone picks their shit from the boss.
    Now you need to ask who can trade and what.
    Then you need to ask who needs any of the tradeable loot. Preferably refer to BiS lists or other reasoning for the loot.
    Then you need to dictate the needed trades.
    And then you somehow need to track that everyone actually does the trades.

How the fuck do you even organize all that without AddOns? Back in Master Loot days I never needed to install any loot distribution AddOns. Just told the leads if I wanted and item and after that it was decided by roll/DKP/council.

No.It's.Not.

Like how is it harder, when addons/BiS lists are not required any more? These players don't have to instal now ANY loot addon, or prep ANY BiS lists. My guild (EP 5/7m) never used any addon in BfA, and we had ZERO loot problems, while in Legion we had tons. Drama, undecided/unknowledgeable peeps made ML still distribute items, while we were sitting and waiting at the next boss. We are not talking about hardcore raiders man. So again, how is it harder to manage the loot now during the raid?
    the problem then was the person behind the ML not the system itself, ML well used is the best system for raiding guild by far, you dont like it? well good for you, the reality is different thought.

A good Raid leader or people that manage a decente guild gonna tell you always that ML>Personal loot everyday, is more hard to organize ML? true, but ML good used its a lot better for any roster, dont matters if its a hardcore guild, or a guild that not do all the mythic bosses from a patch.

Ofc you not have problems with personal loot, because the system dont let you to have problems with the loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    You say we don't need AddOns for loot distribution anymore. That is complete bullshit. We need them now more than ever.

Loot drops: Everyone picks their shit from the boss.
    Now you need to ask who can trade and what.
    Then you need to ask who needs any of the tradeable loot. Preferably refer to BiS lists or other reasoning for the loot.
    Then you need to dictate the needed trades.
    And then you somehow need to track that everyone actually does the trades.

How the fuck do you even organize all that without AddOns? Back in Master Loot days I never needed to install any loot distribution AddOns. Just told the leads if I wanted and item and after that it was decided by roll/DKP/council.
    And AGAIN, my guild (8/5 EP m) uses ZERO loot addons, and has ZERO problems. I dunno wtf are you even talking about. We kill boss, loot him, and then we post items in /raid and peeps roll, ZERO addons needed for that. If someone really needs something, then it's usually passed onto him. Dictate trades and track them? Holy shit, are players in your guild so distrustful?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-04-06 at 01:43 PM.

Just sit tight and in 2-4 hours we'll have something (or not). Watch a movie on Netflix. Do your dailies in WoW. Walk your dog. Make a meal for yourself. The time will pass by quickly.

Man I can't wait to see the covenant cosmetics, hopefully they're in the first few alpha builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Just sit tight and in 2-4 hours we'll have something (or not). Watch a movie on Netflix. Do your dailies in WoW. Walk your dog. Make a meal for yourself. The time will pass by quickly.
    2-4 hrs? If we get alpha, I'm p sure it won't be right as they go to work.

I'd say give it 6-8 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcinatoss View Post
    Man I can't wait to see the covenant cosmetics, hopefully they're in the first few alpha builds.
    I want to see all the cosmetics, not just back slots, but general transmog, not just from covenants, but from levelling and dungeons. Maybe even the first raid if we are lucky.
    Blizzard will definitely have to prove themsleves with this expansion if they intend to keep doing only 1 armor set per type. Doesnt matter terribly to me as a hunter, but in general BfA started great in that regard and then ended horribly, unless Shadowlands starts strong then i don't think Blizzard will manage to keep along with the criticisms.
    The world revamp dream will never die!