Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    learn to time your gift of the titans perk so you can be immune to sanity drains for the armsmaster (and other minibosses)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    This is what you get when you cater to people who think tracking 10 mechanics at a time is fun and challenging. Maybe it’s challenging but its not fun. It’s cumbersome, clunky, and just feels bad. It’s not good gameplay, and peoples’ desire for infinite challenge only shows that they don’t play games for fun anymore, they play for mental stimulation. They are addicts.

Awful awful awful game design. And blizzard is surprised participation is so low in these things, lol
    It's like, 3-4 mechanics usually.
    Not sure where you're getting 10 at once from.

2 mechanics for each madness, and then usually 1-2 in a pack that's "get out of the swirl on the ground" and "interrupt the caster from stunning you".

Even the bosses with the most abilities has a grand total of 3 abilities to keep track of (Umbric - teleport, polymorph, channeled cast). Which in that case, would be 5 mechanics... Which is still half of your claim.

I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    "Knocked into the disorient"
    what knockback?
    What disorient?
    Feared into a disorient? then interrupt the fears.

it sounds like you are messing up on 100% avoidable things, but getting mad calling it RNG
    you are messing up on avoidable mechanics, its not "bullshit RNG"

- - - Updated - - -

the knockback was probably me stepping to avoid it and hitting the disorient by accident, so a lapse of focus. the big mob fear was because the adds tagged to it, however I couldn't kill them quick enough/stop the stun because I pretty much got insta-feared :/

which of the sanity drains are easier to "avoid" in a 4 mask? do I go with 500 sanity or do I go with the 400% dmg?
    there is 0 mobs tagged to it.
    both the armmaster, and the big guy infront of shaw, have ZERO mobs tied to them, you are pulling MULTIPLE groups.

I've just managed a 5 mask Stormwind run on my 460 BM Hunter.

Now I never have to do it again. This was my goal this expansion. Now I'm just going to run chill 3-mask runs to farm mementoes till I get the 100.000 for the mount. Then never set foot in this again.

I did appreciate the challenge. But I'm glad it's over.

As a 456 ret with a rank 15 cloak and all upgrades, I don't even need orbs in a three mask. Last night, I ran imagination, daredevil, and bridge. The only orb I used was before Umbrige, the last district, just to top me off on the pull. Never went below 50% the entire run.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    As a 456 ret with a rank 15 cloak and all upgrades, I don't even need orbs in a three mask. Last night, I ran imagination, daredevil, and bridge. The only orb I used was before Umbrige, the last district, just to top me off on the pull. Never went below 50% the entire run.
    I mean, I can do a 4 mask on my paladin and my lock without using an orb.

But 5 mask is a different story. It's still a 25% increase to the mobs for each mask active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

Don't give up homie - I got the Mad World achieve on April 1st (aka fools day), and tbh, being a terrible player like myself I can say this: IF I CAN DO IT, you 1000% can

Don't GIVE UP

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    but its only way they can provide chalenge to top 5%.

alternative would be telling people "yes its ok if some things in game are easy for you you are that good"

streamers and forums would never allow it

thats why game is so overtuned everywhere nowadys . and why its so unappealing to so many players
    I know many people who have 5 mask done who are 100% not in the top 5%.
    at this point i see people completing it who are mid level heroic raiders, even some people in normal raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, I can do a 4 mask on my paladin and my lock without using an orb.

But 5 mask is a different story. It's still a 25% increase to the mobs for each mask active.
    the week i decided to try and do actual mask runs.
    2 with 1 orb
    3 with 1 orb
    4 with 1 orb
    then i did my 5's with 3 orbs.

i am now at the point that each week i do 3 runs ,for corrupted gear.
    3, takes 0 orbs
    4 takes 0 orbs
    5 takes 1 orb.

and im a clicker, who is just meh at the game...
    it really aint that hard, you just need to realize its not RNG.
    i did my 5 masks when we were cloak level 10 i think it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I've just managed a 5 mask Stormwind run on my 460 BM Hunter.

Now I never have to do it again. This was my goal this expansion. Now I'm just going to run chill 3-mask runs to farm mementoes till I get the 100.000 for the mount. Then never set foot in this again.

I did appreciate the challenge. But I'm glad it's over.
    This is such bullshit. Nobody who can do 5 mask is dropping down to do 3 mask. What the heck would you do that for? You understand it takes you a shit ton more time to get the 100K mementos farming 3 mask right? That's why I don't believe shit posts like yours at all. I clear 5 mask every week 4 or 5 times for max mementos and I see no reason why I would step down to some baby difficulties, and I don't know anyone who would. 5 mask doesn't even require an Orb.

The whole premise of this thread is hilarious. Some guy with terrible L2P issues makes a thread about avoidable mechanics and calls them '**** rng' and a bunch of guys feed the troll by offering help. Only three kinds of people in this thread. People who can't play and show it, people who can't play and lie for e-peen purposes, and people who can play and are flabbergasted by the display here and probably get a warning for it from moderators.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the week i decided to try and do actual mask runs.
    2 with 1 orb
    3 with 1 orb
    4 with 1 orb
    then i did my 5's with 3 orbs.

i am now at the point that each week i do 3 runs ,for corrupted gear.
    3, takes 0 orbs
    4 takes 0 orbs
    5 takes 1 orb.

and im a clicker, who is just meh at the game...
    it really aint that hard, you just need to realize its not RNG.
    i did my 5 masks when we were cloak level 10 i think it was.
    On a lock you also have a pet to tank everything for you, and honestly the mobs can chunk you which slows things down when you have to recover after pulls.

I mean, I only use orbs on my lock in like, Org, before Rexxar because I wait there for gift of the Titans and then one on thrall because there's no reason to not pull him with one up.

That doesn't change though that 5 masks are more likely to cause you to have to use an orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    On a lock you also have a pet to tank everything for you, and honestly the mobs can chunk you which slows things down when you have to recover after pulls.

I mean, I only use orbs on my lock in like, Org, before Rexxar because I wait there for gift of the Titans and then one on thrall because there's no reason to not pull him with one up.

That doesn't change though that 5 masks are more likely to cause you to have to use an orb.
    Voidwalker barely tanks. it cant keep aggro if you do enough dps, which is true for me.
    it holds mobs ONCE in awhile.
    but like 90% of the time im tanking.

try use the food dubious delight, it reduces the cc duration by 20%
    i breeze through 5 mask several times every week, i usually have 2-3 orbs and cheat death when i get to last boss.
    but i fucked up a run this week at the aberration mini boss in mage quarter, i got cocky and pulled a void portal pack with it, then i ran into a disorientate circle and got my ass obliterated in a few secs, im pretty sure dubious delight couldve saved my ass. so im using the food from now on, just to be safe.

the truth hurts.
    YOU can get better, you cant blame it on other people or raider.io score. ive done it on a 455 fury war, so you cant blame it on gear, and DH is known to be OP for visions, so you cant blame it on your class either.
    go look at some guides, id recommend a guy called dratnos.

time really shouldnt be an issue when you got rank 14-15 cloak and full research, so play it safe.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-04-06 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Goddamn, is your generation utterly incapable of dealin in anything other than absolute generalizations?
    Can we all please appreciate the irony of a dude complaining about absolute generalizations by making absolute generalizations?

Thanks.

Mate I'm sorry to say it but what you describe is not bad RNG. You can avoid all those things easily. If you get knocked into disorient then it's not bad RNG, It's just you getting hit by mechanics which you can avoid. If you get feared then it's because you miss an interrupt or fail to step out the circle and not bad RNG.

You play a Havoc DH. You have so much utility and mob control. You should never be feared or hit by Touch of the Abyss. You can avoid all those things. You just know which mobs to kill first and when to save your interrupt so you can stop the important abilities.

Stop blaming the game and do your homework instead. You don't need better RNG. You need to improve and do the mechanics right.

Also, you might be pulling too big for what you can handle. For example, there is not need to pull an Informant with the mini boss before Shaw if you cannot handle it. If your cloak is rank 14 then you have plenty of time to finish the vision. You don't have to risk anything.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-04-06 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Voidwalker barely tanks. it cant keep aggro if you do enough dps, which is true for me.
    it holds mobs ONCE in awhile.
    but like 90% of the time im tanking.
    That's coz you picked the wrong spec and didn't go demo.

But really you'll rarely ever yank off a felguard, and demo is really good at running visions anyway.

It's the SI7: Informants, save your interrupt SPECIFICALLY for "Call of the Abyss" (or something of that nature), don't waste it on Void Bolts. The Abyss spell (that much i'm sure of) is a Stun, and that's what is gimping you. Always Zerg those down ASAP, and save the interrupts for the Abyss spell.

Just reading that gave me a headache, so I'm glad all I do is level alts during this wonderful 100% buff, ignore the awful end game content we got in 8.3 and dance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    There is not one RNG mechanic in a 5-mask vision. Not a single one.

Everything is telegraphed way before it would happen. Every single boss/trash ability can either be avoided or cc'd.
    The challenge comes from handling all these at the same time.

But there is not one mechanic that just happens randomly without warning that straight up loses your run.
    If you mean "mechanics" in terms of mob/boss mechanics, then this is true. But there are RNG elements in Horrific Visions as concerns assigned affixes in certain subzones, which extra affix/madness you get from the Mask of the Pained, and location and frequency of sanity-restoring potions, and the RNG nature of Gift procs. Some instances of a Horrific Vision are certainly more difficult than others - all depending on what madnesses are up, and if sanity-restoring potions are plentiful or scarce.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Mate I'm sorry to say it but what you describe is not bad RNG. You can avoid all those things easily. If you get knocked into disorient then it's not bad RNG, It's just you getting hit by mechanics which you can avoid. If you get feared then it's because you miss an interrupt or fail to step out the circle and not bad RNG.

You play a Havoc DH. You have so much utility and mob control. You should never be feared or hit by Touch of the Abyss. You can avoid all those things. You just know which mobs to kill first and when to save your interrupt so you can stop the important abilities.

Stop blaming the game and do your homework instead. You don't need better RNG. You need to improve and do the mechanics right.

Also, you might be pulling too big for what you can handle. For example, there is not need to pull an Informant with the mini boss before Shaw if you cannot handle it. If your cloak is rank 14 then you have plenty of time to finish the vision. You don't have to risk anything.
    This, if you blame RNG you simply just don't know enough of the mechanics. Then it's up to you as a player to stay mad or get good and learn. Often players tend to choose being mad though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you mean "mechanics" in terms of mob/boss mechanics, then this is true. But there are RNG elements in Horrific Visions as concerns assigned affixes in certain subzones, which extra affix/madness you get from the Mask of the Pained, and location and frequency of sanity-restoring potions, and the RNG nature of Gift procs. Some instances of a Horrific Vision are certainly more difficult than others - all depending on what madnesses are up, and if sanity-restoring potions are plentiful or scarce.
    Most of that is good RNG though. You get told which affixes you get as soon as you enter an area before there are any danger, then it's about your knowledge and skill to play around it. Fairly sure he is talking about there is no RNG that can fuck you up badly and being unavoidable, which I agree on that it can't. It only does if you can't play around it. That's where the skill comes in.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    This, if you blame RNG you simply just don't know enough of the mechanics. Then it's up to you as a player to stay mad or get good and learn. Often players tend to choose being mad though.
    Exactly. I have done a lot of 5 masks run now and I know from experience that if you have "bad RNG" it's a result of you f*cking up. There is a risk of you being chain stunned in mechanics during a vision but it will alway start based on your own mistake. You always are able to avoid whatever happens first.

This thread is clearly very impulsive based on a person who failed a run. If he had just chilled out for 20 minutes after the run then he would probably have realized that there was no need for this.