Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do any of you ever feel worried about playing your DH?

Worried in the sense of how vulnerable you are to getting nerfed/not being the greatest dpsing class in the game (Since you have 1 Dps spec, kinda like WW monk and Ret Pala)

Let's be honest. We all knew the second DH was announced it was going to be overpowered as fuck.

I don’t play a DH but I will say that as long you do your job and do 75% parses at the least you’re fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    Worried in the sense of how vulnerable you are to getting nerfed/not being the greatest dpsing class in the game (Since you have 1 Dps spec, kinda like WW monk and Ret Pala)
    No, that kind of stuff doesn't worry me at all. Every class has its windows of being OP, then getting nerfed, being OP, nerfed, etc. It borders on tradition at this point.

So rather than focus on 'omg wuts besssssst' I play what I enjoy, to the best of my ability. Anyone who bases their class choice on what's OP/best/etc is just setting themselves up for disappointment and frustration.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Every class has their time to shine at one patch or another. I main DK but have DH as my alt as I just love the movement speed/double jump and simplicity of the class. I play it because it's a blast, not necessarily because of the damage.

If you're genuinely worried then level some alts so you can always jump on the FOTM spec.

Literally not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Utility tends to trump raw damage in regards to anything that isn't just 'Parse-culture'. DH brings a large amount of utility to M+, and a huge amount of mobility to raids (as well as Darkness, which, while not the most reliable, is still one of a small handful of raid CDs still brought by non-healers). Unless DH damage gets gutted to the point where they're 30-40% behind the DPS of other classes, I don't see them falling out of favour.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I will play the spec regardless of how it is nerfed or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Literally not at all.
    QFT

I play what I enjoy. I don't care if other people enjoy it or what they are playing in general. As long as I can do the content it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Funny how so many more classes can switch to other DPS specs if their preferred one isn't as good. Meanwhile only Priests have another Healing spec, and only Death Knights ever historically had more than one tank spec to work with at one time -- and that's gone now. I wonder just how much this subconsciously plays into people leaning towards Healers and Tanks, because they can't switch to another spec of the same role within the same class. Man, if only people who liked healers and tanks had the option to have more healer or tank specs, maybe more people would play them... kind of like how people played DKs a lot in Wrath. Maybe 4th specs would fix this...

3+ Year Old Account
    it wont be nerfed because it would anger a lot of low brainer DH mains who like to pewpew. Blizzard does everything for the DHs. Not just made Warglaives DH only transmog which was a huge memory for a lot of warrior/rogue mains but they just announced DH in Hearthstone where everyone was asking for DK/monk literally since release.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

No, not at all.

A fair number of OP specs or classes are that way right now due to Azerite traits. Holy Paladin and the glimmer build, DH meme beam etc. I'm afraid to say that when Shadowlands comes in, those rental abilities will go away unless they become part of a reworked talent tree. When they go, what made that class OP will also go and they'll be "normal" again.

Shadowlands will bring about another set of rental abilities in some form, will make new classes OP or keep others OP...the cycle of life.

You should play the class because you love it, not because it super mega awesome OP right now. Even if it is OP and gets nerfed, ikt will be OP again at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing this game off and on since Vanilla.

I've never seen them nerfbat a class so hard people stopped bringing them to raids. At least not after TBC where they seriously started trying to make every spec raid viable.

So no, not worried.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    i play DH cuz its the ultimate casual class currently, as I am crazy busy with RL stuff. The additional bonus of playing whack a mole as things come off cooldown and beating meters is just an added benefit. If they nerf it, i wouldnt be surprised, having played a balance druid, enh shaman, ret pally, demo warlock, this shit is brain dead easy to do well in.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    No, that kind of stuff doesn't worry me at all. Every class has its windows of being OP, then getting nerfed, being OP, nerfed, etc. It borders on tradition at this point.

So rather than focus on 'omg wuts besssssst' I play what I enjoy, to the best of my ability. Anyone who bases their class choice on what's OP/best/etc is just setting themselves up for disappointment and frustration.
    Well to be honest some specs have never had a time to be OP. I look at enhancement/elemental shaman for example and they're very rarely ever been something considered top dogs for damage. I admit I haven't played much of the last two expansions and am just now getting back into it so I can't say if it's changed but I would doubt it. Others like Rogue always have a spec that is top 9 times out of 10. So I definitely feel the fear DH will have. Blizzard aren't known to be gentle when they nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Funny how so many more classes can switch to other DPS specs if their preferred one isn't as good. Meanwhile only Priests have another Healing spec, and only Death Knights ever historically had more than one tank spec to work with at one time -- and that's gone now. I wonder just how much this subconsciously plays into people leaning towards Healers and Tanks, because they can't switch to another spec of the same role within the same class. Man, if only people who liked healers and tanks had the option to have more healer or tank specs, maybe more people would play them... kind of like how people played DKs a lot in Wrath. Maybe 4th specs would fix this...
    Yeah I have to admit I LOVED DK in Wrath. Not because they were OP (which they were, especially at launch), but because of their playstyle. Each spec was totally different from the other and it was a fucking blast. Being able to tank on all 3 specs and DPS on all 3 was thrilling. I can't tell you how mad I was when they changed it. My favorite DPS spec was Blood DK and my favorite tank spec was Unholy. It was great times. So not only did we lose Blood as a fun DPS spec we also lost Unholy/Frost as fun tank specs. Sucked.

Lots of people play DH, so in any case you will find them in raids. blizzard might nerf or buff, but in the end it will remain viable.

If DH is nerfed so badly AND blizzard is blind to it AND it does horrible in raids, THEN you can still reroll :-/

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ye the meme stiff with beam and all that will be gone soon, so I guess dh will be neutralised ina. way I hope. Let other classes shine in Sl. Dh manged to stay strong throughout whole of bfa. No king rules for ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've only been worried they would make Momentum a thing again..

I played DH all through Legion and a big part of BfA.

My favorite playstyle was always momentum, fel rush, unbound chaos (or legion legendary) build for Mythic +
    Blizzard disagrees with me

Ive had a one shot macro...
    Chaos Blades, Nemesis, Saltwater potion.....GOD MODE

BfA Demon hunter after the removal of unbound chaos was for me the easy mode class to play and relax
    My favorite style became Demon Blades with Blind Fury and Chaotic Transformation....or how i like to call it....residentsleeper spec

I hope they have something special for us...but i doubt anything will be as special as my old builds...lost in time

So long as it's not gutted/"reworked" and a shadow of its former self or downright unidentifiable, I'll be fine.