Gone ahead and done the PS4 digital deluxe preorder for the bonuses... mainly for the 3 materia, don't care for the Theme/OST/Artbook.

Already had my fill on Nioh 2 and RE3... Roll on the 10th!
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-04-06 at 05:53 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Sure, can only talk for myself. If you enjoy it, good for you. Just wanted to get the word out that the REMAKE part of the titel is terribly misleading. Its a Reboot/Retcon/Sequel. The story of the original stops about 80% into this game and branches off into a new story. Just thought people should know, before they are as baffled as I am.
    I fucking knew it. Ya know the moment that dementors started railroading us to make sure things happen the way it had to I was sure some kind of time travel shenanigans are involved. Also Wutai is mentioned as a credible tjreat so most likely they aren't Themepark Kyoto in this continuity. And people thought I was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gone ahead and done the PS4 digital deluxe preorder for the bonuses... mainly for the 3 materia, don't care for the Theme/OST/Artbook.

Already had my fill on Nioh 2 and RE3... Roll on the 10th!
    Still haven't got my S rank inferno in RE3, shit ain't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Salty doesn't even come close. I actually liked that they were going to put more story and characters in. But there is a line where its a Retcon/Reboot and not a Remake anymore.
    Remake is something that isn't the same. What you are asking for is a remaster when it is the same with bells and whistles on. Remakes have the lisence to change whatever they feel like

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Still haven't got my S rank inferno in RE3, shit ain't easy.
    Stuck on Nightmare final boss, 1 h 44 minutes for S rank... driving my head in how you get stun locked...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Stuck on Nightmare final boss, 1 h 44 minutes for S rank... driving my head in how you get stun locked...
    Last boss is an RNG fest, on inferno you can get one shot by RNG acid lol. Keep it up you'll get it. (that's enough on that here though, that's for a different thread)

It's not "Final Fantasy VII" remake, it's "Final Fantasy VII: remake." It's very intentionally there as a subtitle, the expectation should be that there are changes, even major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I thought it has always been understood to be 3 ''episodes'' (aka games)?
    No, once again they never specified number of games just that it is more then one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If I just do main story I can finish VII in like 15-20 hours easily lmfao, half my ass. If the game is between 30-40 hours for 100% then it's pretty much in line with main line FF games(only exceptions to this rule are the international versions of XII and X which are a bit longer but not crazily so). Now I'm sure some one is gonna reply to me with "but I spent 70 hours+ in X game!". Yea that either means you're slow or bad or afk for half of your play time and counting it, so don't reply with that. FF games have never been that long by JRPG standards.
    That's because you know where to go and don't have a giant arrow telling you where to go. People were not doing thier first playthrough of the original game in 20 hours.

Anyway if square were capable of doing good side content it wouldn't matter as much but thier side content past few games was pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    REMAKE mean it's the game remade. Even story can be remade. REMASTER is keeping everything intact and just update it to todays standards. There is a difference.
    Resident Evil 2 remake want a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Resident Evil 2 remake want a word with you.
    ? No one said you HAVE to make changes... And yes, RE2 remade and changed a LOT. Not the overarching story, but it's still a remake and changed some of the story...
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-04-06 at 08:17 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

tbh if the news articles about FF7-remake is in fact true, that they're re-imagining/rebooting the story then fan-fucking-tastic! =D no really! this is like the best of both worlds for all FF7 fans old and new, the newer get a completely new story (nearly) while the older have their nostlagic fill while re-visiting old places and keeps them guessing on what happens. bloody ingenious if you ask me! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    A remake isn't a 1:1 copy. It's rebuilding a product from the ground up. Some things change, some stay the same. You see the same thing in other mediums.

If your console is saying you don't have enough space but you know you do, try rebuilding the database before deleting games.

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-m...tabase-rebuild

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Boy am I glad VII wasn't my first FF so I'm not one of the people who massively overrate it. I'm also glad VI isn't more popular so it's safe from being resurrected and bastardized by Nomura the way this game was. But I do sympathize with the fans who were mislead by the "Remake" in the title when it should have been named FFVII-2 instead or something similar.

RE3R and FFVIIR.. this is not a good year for remakes. They should have just been honest and called those releases spin-offs. Decent games, but definitely not remakes.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Boy am I glad VII wasn't my first FF so I'm not one of the people who massively overrate it. I'm also glad VI isn't more popular so it's safe from being resurrected and bastardized by Nomura the way this game was. But I do sympathize with the fans who were mislead by the "Remake" in the title when it should have been named FFVII-2 instead or something similar.

RE3R and FFVIIR.. this is not a good year for remakes. They should have just been honest and called those releases spin-offs. Decent games, but definitely not remakes.
    Remake doesn't mean 1:1, and RE3 is an amazing game, I expect this to be too.

(btw, VI is extremely popular, but they probably won't ever remake the NES/SNES games.)

I haven't looked at the spoilers, but I don't mind substantial changes to the story. VII was always a little rudimentary and fairly simple in its narrative, the whole Cloud memory thing was a whopper but aside from that it was pretty mundane. There's a lot more you could do in a modern take on that story, especially if it's spread across 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Remake doesn't mean 1:1, and RE3 is an amazing game, I expect this to be too.

(btw, VI is extremely popular, but they probably won't ever remake the NES/SNES games.)
    Never say never, they already remade FF III and IV. If they think there is profit to be made from a VI remake they'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Never say never, they already remade FF III and IV. If they think there is profit to be made from a VI remake they'll do it.
    Forgot about those remakes honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're going to see a lot of remakes in the future. I think idea of remakes are fine. Remasters are cool but aging gameplay can't always be masked by shiny graphics and some stories are worth updating. I don't mind movie remakes, so why not games. There will be a lot of duds and changes that people don't like though. Signs of the industry maturing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    ? No one said you HAVE to make changes... And yes, RE2 remade and changed a LOT. Not the overarching story, but it's still a remake and changed some of the story...
    Yes? I don't mind some changes in the story but: a fucking god damn alternative universe reality shit that ruin the original story? no thanks...