I want to know what constitutes a long time "veteran" player? I know being subbed matters, but I remember they did this once in the past (for WOD or BFA I think) and I didn't get an inv until much later during beta lolz...

Been playing since BC ~

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, I don't think we ever had a complete class changes on arrival, plus one zone with dungeon, plus another arriving later this months with one of the xpac main features (Thorgast). It seems they are speeding builds/things up. 2020 still target, bois!
    WoD

What I thought you meant by Barry complete is that it would launch with a decent amount of stuff and then it would finish rather quickly with forecasting which for the most part all of the offers in recent years have done

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "The message has sunk in properly" Less than a third of the playerbase pays attention to datamining. And it shouldn't have to sink in. Closed beta is specifically for people who do media coverage of the game. But we're talking about encryption. Not alpha access, which is right in Ion's letter says "later THIS week". If they saw your posting history I'd say your odds of getting alpha access is ZERO
    And an even smaller amount than that obsess over the tiniest of scraps of information. By tomorrow the Alpha announcement will have been read by everyone who are remotely interested in datamining.

Not that i think it is impossible to launch it now. I just think Blizzard does have a reason to wait if they want.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loreguy126 View Post
    I want to know what constitutes a long time "veteran" player? I know being subbed matters, but I remember they did this once in the past (for WOD or BFA I think) and I didn't get an inv until much later during beta lolz...

Been playing since BC ~
    Well, my friend, who played since Vanilla, always got an invite over me, who started in BC.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    To be fair, they don't necessarily say complete class changes. They just said that everyone will have new spells, which likely means the unpruned abilities, which does not equate to immediate class changes, at least in the way we are considering it.
    Personally I want to see what my monk gets because there are abilities that have been turned into PVP talents that I think is dumb

The healer lost the ability to interrupt
    The tank lost the keg which was iconic in super fun

The only other thing I can see is the builder that was merged with the armor reduction attack and honestly I just want disarm back because it was really fun

Well, my friend, who played since Vanilla, always got an invite over me, who started in BC.
    grrr goddamn Vanilla pplz! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    "The message has sunk in properly" Less than a third of the playerbase pays attention to datamining. And it shouldn't have to sink in. Closed beta is specifically for people who do media coverage of the game. But we're talking about encryption. Not alpha access, which is right in Ion's letter says "later THIS week". If they saw your posting history I'd say your odds of getting alpha access is ZERO
    It is going to launch Thursday

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since late BC early LK and I've gotteng Alpha/Beta since Mists of Pandaria.
    | Mokenuf | Varianna | Devona | Katzine | Gokkash | Vëcna | Shaggra | Snookí | Vekuh | Segath | Zhìyù | Sierenna | Tyranikus |

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Oribos looks amazing!!

https://tinyurl.com/oribos-alpha
    Meh, don't like the colour scheme. And the NPCs should be bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by FuujCraft View Post
    Oribos looks amazing!!
    https://tinyurl.com/oribos-alpha
    *grmpf* people like you *****grmpf*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    I've been playing since late BC early LK and I've gotteng Alpha/Beta since Mists of Pandaria.
    Was it the first batch, though. That's what my friend keeps getting.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Man, it's going to be tense for a while, seeing if we'll get a build tonight or if it's gonna be another day or 2 of waiting. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Man, it's going to be tense for a while, seeing if we'll get a build tonight or if it's gonna be another day or 2 of waiting. :C
    Don't give up hope. We have to believe in the Alpha to come through.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Don't give up hope. We have to believe in the Alpha to come through.
    Believe in the alpha who believes in you?

Question for clarification; does close beta mean limited by invite or heavily nda'd etc?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Question for clarification; does close beta mean limited by invite or heavily nda'd etc?
    No NDA on the upcoming testing. Closed means invite only.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    It just means limited to invitation only. No restrictions on recording/streaming/talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No NDA on the upcoming testing. Closed means invite only.
    Awesome just checking the information will flow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Makes sense.
    Why would you want some guy that hasn't been around for 5 years to be at the frontlines of alpha testing?
    For the same reason he stuck on the game for 13 years, and stopped only for BfA because it's .... BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    My elvish body is ready ! Bring the Alpha !
    "If you want to play alongside High and Void elves, the Alliance is waiting for you"