Poll: How will BfA be remembered?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was trash, and without any class sets there will be no reason for me to ever revisit it.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is MANY games with MUCH worse gearing systems.
    maplestory, where you make gear, and when you enchant it, it has a chance to fail, which DESTROYS your hard earned item.
    And the only way to prevent such is to spend real life cash to buy an item that protects the peice of gear from being destroyed once.
    there is MANY games with MUCH worse gearing systems.
    to say BFA has the worst gearing system of any game ever is just... so wrong.
    You can argue that patch 8.3 was P2W with echoing void. I don’t play maple story but I’d bet BiS gear in that game doesn’t cost hundreds of US dollars.

BFA certainly had the worst gearing system WoW has ever seen. And possibly the worst out of any “non-P2W” RPG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    You can argue that patch 8.3 was P2W with echoing void. I don’t play maple story but I’d bet BiS gear in that game doesn’t cost hundreds of US dollars.

BFA certainly had the worst gearing system WoW has ever seen. And possibly the worst out of any “non-P2W” RPG.
    Yes, BIS gear in maplestory does cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, its a Eastern MMO
    Hell, if you want to actually be able to play/loot in the game you have to pay i think its 15$ a month.
    all the bought stuff in the game has durations.
    "pet that will make you actually able to loot stuff? 10$ a month. oh and the upgrades you need for the pet to actually do what its supposed to? 8$"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    To me it'll be remembered as good, not great. There's a lot of things I disliked (some of them quite strongly), but there was a bunch of stuff I enjoyed as well.

Overall Warlords remains the worst overall expansion IMO. If I had to rank the expansions it would be:

Mists
    Legion
    Wrath/BC (tie)
    BFA
    Cata
    Warlords

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly you haven't played MS.

- - - Updated - - -

There is MANY games with MUCH worse gearing systems.
    maplestory, where you make gear, and when you enchant it, it has a chance to fail, which DESTROYS your hard earned item.
    And the only way to prevent such is to spend real life cash to buy an item that protects the peice of gear from being destroyed once.
    there is MANY games with MUCH worse gearing systems.
    to say BFA has the worst gearing system of any game ever is just... so wrong.
    This, exactly this. Its really annoying how people screech 'WURST LOOT EVER' when they obviously haven't played like anything but WoW. My dad used to say "if you don't know what you're talking about, keep your mouth shut."

Lots of folks here that would benefit from that advice.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

it had an amazing start 8.0-8.1was great but then the story started to derail 8.2 was bland and 8.3 was underwhelming nozth deserved better

For me it’s a total regression from its predecessor.
    -No tier sets for tmog variety
    -ugly raid sets
    -boring classes
    -removal of class identity emphasis
    -Useless war plot to draw in the simpletons
    -Danuser’s prevalence
    Mighty one, never forget.

Yes, BIS gear in maplestory does cost hundreds to thousands of dollars, its a Eastern MMO
    Hell, if you want to actually be able to play/loot in the game you have to pay i think its 15$ a month.
    all the bought stuff in the game has durations.
    "pet that will make you actually able to loot stuff? 10$ a month. oh and the upgrades you need for the pet to actually do what its supposed to? 8$"
    Okay okay I get it. Maplestory bad. Give it a few expansions and WoW will be there too. ActiBlizz is already making a killing on WoW tokens with how expensive consumables are and how powerful and rare corruption BoE’s are. And don’t even get me started on the time-restricted longboi.

7+ Year Old Account

lets make that THOUSANDS US.
    and thats just 8 peices of gear.
    maplestory has 25 slots, more if you are specific classes, like the evan has 3 more for your dragon.

lets make that THOUSANDS US.
    and thats just 8 peices of gear.
    maplestory has 25 slots, more if you are specific classes, like the evan has 3 more for your dragon.
    Who cares about Maplestory. They’re just fishing for whales at this point.

I will say it's slightly better than WOD. There are just so many bad features which were added in BFA. And there are so many mechanics which works against the players and make the game less fun. All the Global Cooldown change were added in BFA. Horrible choice from Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about Maplestory. They’re just fishing for whales at this point.
    the worst gearing system of all time, in any game, ever.
    You care. as you said "worst gearing system of all time in any game ever" i pointed you to ONE of hundreds of examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    yeah it was so loved that in less than a quarter it managed to lose all subs of people who came back for pre-patch.
    look at all those recouped numbers lost during cataclysm, you can totally feel the love.
    25% of WoW's population gone in 1/2 year, can feel the support.

forget the uninspired setting just blandly copy pasting everything China (not Asian, just CHINA), the annoying and hypocritical characters that talked down to us like they did anything while we saved the world multiple times, the shittiest raids in WoW's history and the dumbest enemies (rapist monkeys who want to ook you in da dooker, evil giant rabbits), forced titan and troll references just to try to be relevant to WoW's lore and fucking Wrathion, the lamest most useless Saturday morning "mystery dude" ever created, all of this glazed on the most boring end game since BC (world of dailies to the power 10)..

yeah...people just hated it for the PANDAS my man...oh yeah, it's only redeeming feature, Timeless Isle, a shameless shitty copy paste of Guild Wars 2's practically every zone in the game that was abandoned as it was created, to be replaced by gratuitous amounts of phasing in Warlords.

yeah...it was the PANDAS that everyone hated
    I've learned over the past few years that the group of people that now revere MoP as one of the best expansions are impossible to have a discussion with. In my experience they're either deluded by the narrative that MoP was an overwhelmingly good expansion that is pushed on reddit, mmo-champ, and other forums, or didn't get the opportunity to fully experience previous expansions like they did with MoP. You can show them any amount of data, any fair negative experience or criticisms of the expansion but it'll fall on deaf ears.

OK expac. Not incredible, not terrible either. Good enough and diversified enough to keep me occupied throughout the entire expac (thanks M+).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I will say it's slightly better than WOD. There are just so many bad features which were added in BFA. And there are so many mechanics which works against the players and make the game less fun. All the Global Cooldown change were added in BFA. Horrible choice from Blizzard.
    They had to, to prevent the one shot macros.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    They had to, to prevent the one shot macros.
    They did that with procs. Do you mean CD macros?

They did that with procs. Do you mean CD macros?
    Yes. I might be wrong though. I just remember it was quite stupid with fury arms in Legion (lining up every cd, odyn's wrath and the trinket from Nighthold in the same one button macro).

Yes. I might be wrong though. I just remember it was quite stupid with fury arms in Legion (lining up every cd, odyn's wrath and the trinket from Nighthold in the same one button macro).
    But is it any better now? Is using the first 5 seconds of a every fight on popping CDs more fun? Is that not stupid?

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC > WoD > Cata > BfA > MoP > Legion > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    a watered down version of Legion
    Be that a good or bad thing no idea, time will tell, but for me not worst exp, that still belongs to WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    WoD actually had good class design and less "systems" to keep busy with so and more passive ways to make gold
    if u'll use the class design point, MoP/Wrath had far better, and if u exclude healing Legion also will join them (for me healing in legion was sh8t)
    WoD only real advantage was gold making, logging for 10 min a day with 11 class max garrison (which takes min a month to build btw) give u ~ 5k gold daily minimum, beside that i can't name a single thing that WoD did any other exp didn't do far better, heck if WoD was as good as wrath but just introduced token wow it still will make it one of worst exp

- - - Updated - - -

how exactly is that a bad thing ? U can use in same gcd 1 attack ability, 1 cd, 1 trinket
    U make it sound like u can use all ur 12 abilities in same moment, instead of using 1 abilitiy and as many self buffs as u want
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

But is it any better now? Is using the first 5 seconds of a every fight on popping CDs more fun? Is that not stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    how exactly is that a bad thing ? U can use in same gcd 1 attack ability, 1 cd, 1 trinket
    U make it sound like u can use all ur 12 abilities in same moment, instead of using 1 abilitiy and as many self buffs as u want
    I didn't say it was a good or bad change, I just provided the reason behind the change.

I didn't say it was a good or bad change, I just provided the reason behind the change.
    But I know the reason very well. You don't have to tell me that. Blizzard had a valid argument about the GC change. But in the end it made the game less fun so whatever the argument might be it doesn't really matter if the players don't enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Also if they didn't want players to macro CDs together then they should just have reduced the amount of CDs by merging them or removing some of them. Having players pop 3-5 CDs one by one before they can start combat is a completely horrible option. Sometimes I don't know what Blizzard are thinking when they make those decisions.