Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Doing Legion Class Hall stuff now is a major chore

Few questions and comments please. First off, I pre-ordered Shadowlands couple weeks ago, and got the 120 boost, which I used on a brand new Hunter, a class I haven't played yet.

Got my Hunter geared up ok, to i450, and necklace to 78 and good essences, and then I wanted to do the class specific Hunter stuff from Legion, I like the mount they get, and some of the MM bows from the artifact appearances are really unique, especially the Balance of Power bows.

But holy cow, what a freaking time sink, I had no idea I had to practically play Legion all over again, and do like 500+ quests. And revered rep needed with old factions in Legion, and needing mats that are BoP, etc...I thought they'd lessen some of these requirements after a new expansion came out?

I got my Hunter class mount yesterday, and really like it, but it was a chore to get it, just time consuming, but not hard or anything. But going for that cool 3rd row artifact appearance, Phoenix's Rebirth, oh boy, now that looks like a huge time sink to do. From what I'm reading I need to be revered with 2 Legion Factions, and then also run a crap ton of quests, for the Balance of Power to unlock the first tint. Is there a shortcut or any tokens that make getting rep faster?

Yes, this is how the game is meant to be played.

Most of the things you mention were passively taken in the first month of Legion, same with BFA, and even same with WoD.

You are meant to stay subbed to do this things in tiny bursts every day/week/month depending.

When you come back and try to play catch up, its tedious, too much and all of that sort.

Allied races are the same, something that you just unlock by existing, and a mega chore when you return.

TLDR: You are supposed to remain subbed for a long period of time (aka profit for them) and unlock everything the game offers with playing 4-8h/week for a few weeks maybe 2 months, or return and have to farm all those things together that simply pile up over each other, resulting in having to play a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    From what I'm reading I need to be revered with 2 Legion Factions, and then also run a crap ton of quests, for the Balance of Power to unlock the first tint. Is there a shortcut or any tokens that make getting rep faster?
    Yes, there are tokens. At first they are character bound, but as you get exalted, the new ones become account bound. This is helpful for EVERY OTHER CHARACTER, but not the first one doing that rep. Check your old characters, they might have some available to help you out.

Yes, Balance of Power chain takes a LONG time to do. No shortcuts other than the fact that you can solo all of it these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Yes, there are tokens. At first they are character bound, but as you get exalted, the new ones become account bound. This is helpful for EVERY OTHER CHARACTER, but not the first one doing that rep. Check your old characters, they might have some available to help you out.

Yes, Balance of Power chain takes a LONG time to do. No shortcuts other than the fact that you can solo all of it these days.
    This is good info, thank you. I did the Balance of Power and full Nightfallen campaign on my DK long time ago, also did the Allied Race Nightborne questline with the same character. Can this Horde DK of mine buy some type of Suramar rep token from an NPC, and mail that to my Alliance Hunter?

If you have any toons with exalted reps, they can get rep tokens to send to other toons. Otherwise, just do the emissaries and take your time. It's a grind on toons that were played in Legion, on a toon that I didn't play through Legion? Definitely a grind.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Few questions and comments please. First off, I pre-ordered Shadowlands couple weeks ago, and got the 120 boost, which I used on a brand new Hunter, a class I haven't played yet.

Got my Hunter geared up ok, to i450, and necklace to 78 and good essences, and then I wanted to do the class specific Hunter stuff from Legion, I like the mount they get, and some of the MM bows from the artifact appearances are really unique, especially the Balance of Power bows.

But holy cow, what a freaking time sink, I had no idea I had to practically play Legion all over again, and do like 500+ quests. And revered rep needed with old factions in Legion, and needing mats that are BoP, etc...I thought they'd lessen some of these requirements after a new expansion came out?

I got my Hunter class mount yesterday, and really like it, but it was a chore to get it, just time consuming, but not hard or anything. But going for that cool 3rd row artifact appearance, Phoenix's Rebirth, oh boy, now that looks like a huge time sink to do. From what I'm reading I need to be revered with 2 Legion Factions, and then also run a crap ton of quests, for the Balance of Power to unlock the first tint. Is there a shortcut or any tokens that make getting rep faster?
    You'd think that. But the game is run by a lawyer, so expect things to be pointlessly difficult long after the need for difficulty has passed.

Now I am getting cold sweats, thinking back on doing the Suramar Nightfallen questline with my DK, and the Allied Race quests for unlocking Nightborne. Man what a slog. Doing it all over a again, plus additional rep grind needed because this Hunter was a boost, so everything in Legion is like starting from day one patch 7.0. Not sure I can do it again. I wish rep would be account wide, if your main did the Nightfallen questline, then an alt shouldn't have to repeat it 100% all over again. Or at least make it 50% for alts.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2020-04-06 at 09:14 PM.

Everything that is not current content is a massive chore ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    You'd think that. But the game is run by a lawyer, so expect things to be pointlessly difficult long after the need for difficulty has passed.
    Cool meme bro. /s

You post on average less than once a month and that's seriously the best you can do?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

do every single world quest. it's world quest bonus week so it is 50% extra rep and the rep for Legion world quests are far superior to BfA ones, even without the boost. also because you're max level you will smash through the quests a lot faster than normal - basically everything is soloable. the only real time gate is the quest that requires shit from Emerald Nightmare, which is obviously capped at 7 drops per run once a week. but even that should only take a week or two

edit: the only rep requirements for Balance of Power is revered with Nightfallen and honored with Farondis. both are super easy to get, do the questline plus a few world quests and you're there.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2020-04-06 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In WoW everything must be a tedious mindless grind even old content because there is actually very little substance to the content.

Can this Horde DK of mine buy some type of Suramar rep token from an NPC, and mail that to my Alliance Hunter?
    Buy, no. But the order hall missions will often be rep tokens. Just send the accountwide ones to your hunter AS WELL as doing the quests in the related zones. Really is the best way to get the rep.

I understand the grind on your main, that yes you must do this long drawn out questline, and get exalted rep, blah, blah, blah to finally earn the achievement. I'm ok with that for your main. But not for alts.

Like my DK is my main, and I did the entire Suramar Nightflallen questline long ago, and the unlocked Allied Race Nightborne too. But why should my new boosted Hunter alt have to slog through all of that from scratch again? Can't they make it less of a grind for alts, if your main already did it once before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Everything that is not current content is a massive chore ffs.
    Are you saying current content isnt a chore XDDD
    im cool pls respodn

I finished my shaman class hall in a couple days after spending less than a week of leveling 10-120 on and off with the exp boost. They're a time sink if you want the mount but it was designed to be spread out through a good bit of an expansion so spending a few days compared to weeks really isnt bad

I mean... there are no time gates and there are hardly any grinds - majority of the class/order hall/broken shore campaigns consists of travelling around Azeroth and doing quests which are class-specific and often quite immersive with cool mechanics and lore. I don't get what you're whining about, honestly. I have done 4 campaigns and am on my way to doing them all by the end of Shadowlands (I did 3 of them during Legion btw). Having a blast with the Legion content, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    TLDR: You are supposed to remain subbed for a long period of time (aka profit for them) and unlock everything the game offers with playing 4-8h/week for a few weeks maybe 2 months, or return and have to farm all those things together that simply pile up over each other, resulting in having to play a lot.
    This is absolutely true, but it clearly makes sense to relax the time required on obsolete content.

I love the hunter class mounts too. Second in line after the rogue ones, IMO, and I have all 12.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand the grind on your main, that yes you must do this long drawn out questline, and get exalted rep, blah, blah, blah to finally earn the achievement. I'm ok with that for your main. But not for alts.

Like my DK is my main, and I did the entire Suramar Nightflallen questline long ago, and the unlocked Allied Race Nightborne too. But why should my new boosted Hunter alt have to slog through all of that from scratch again? Can't they make it less of a grind for alts, if your main already did it once before?
    they did nerf it to take less time if i remember correctly. the missions take less time now. aside from the raid quests, which might take 2-3 resets the rest should be done rather quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is absolutely true, but it clearly makes sense to relax the time required on obsolete content.

I love the hunter class mounts too. Second in line after the rogue ones, IMO, and I have all 12.
    Not really, this is their business side answer to expansion/patch hoppers..

As an active player..I couldnt care less, i play depending on the content period, my 10mins to do some emissary the second week of the expansion as example, to 30-2h/day when they implement shit like we have now in 8.3 and log off after i do what i think needs to be done, everything gets unlocked passively after the averagely 6th week for the last 4-5 years now, and for the majority of those 4 years i have been playing averagely 8h/week.

Generally, i dont wanna bother starting a flame war, but people dont understand what a passive player count WoW has had over the last 15 years, and even at its dead periods/content drought, its still one of the most populated games on earth at the evenings (Maybe at the peak of content drought but still).

All these people coming and going, Blizzard saw they cant keep them with the old systems, they get on, they do the quests/leveling, they are gone by the end of the month so they added different systems to attract different people into grinding shit, every 13e counts.

And its working, majorly, sure you see complains here and there, but some people fall into the grinding trap, how many posts do you see now and then, either on reddit, or official forums, someone finally got their Allied race unlocked after returning and similar stuff?

Generally i have lots of people that used to play, or want to start playing again, but they complain about the grinding, eventually they do sub, some dont even bother with it afterall and disappear after awhile, but some stick around more than they would usually, trying to grind something they are aiming for with the logic "I want to have this next expansion", its a trap, but its a profitable trap.

And lets face it, some people just grind because they can, i never understood those
    Last edited by potis; 2020-04-07 at 01:16 AM.

Can't they make it less of a grind for alts, if your main already did it once before?
    But they have. Like you've been told, the rep tokens will become account bound at Exalted. Your main has already done the deed, so now your alts can benefit from a faster progression. And the more alts you have at max, the more tokens become available to those that are not.
    As for the questing, considering that you can blow through it all with Barrage and laugh while they die, it really really isn't as big a deal as you make it out to be. Don't be THAT lazy. You're already having it much much easier than it is supposed to be.......... If you accept the help you've been given.