Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I am impressed people are struggling with this O.o especially a DH? Aren't they like the best class for Horrific Visions? Me - I am a Frost mage and I get why casters hate it but it's doable...
    Yeah, literally the best class for visions. It's so easy that it baffles me when I hear that other dhs can't do it.

Seems the answer here is to slow down and to abuse Gift, which I haven't been doing. I'll try again after reset!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just reading that gave me a headache, so I'm glad all I do is level alts during this wonderful 100% buff, ignore the awful end game content we got in 8.3 and dance.

It's honestly not so bad as some ppl are making it out to be. Yea it's challenging but it's not terrible. Like one 5 mask run requires about 30min or 40min of focus.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

[QUOTE=kamuimac;52231916]do you honestly blame them ?/QUOTE]

Yes, it's their own damn fault for bringing in a volatile equipment set-up.
    Kinda asking for it really, to the point it makes me wonder if they're not just bitching to bitch.

Horrific Visions? More like WHOREific Visions amirite

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well...that is what my post was about in the first place:

2005: Guess that is what I do.

2020: Horrible, horrible...everything...REEEEEEEEEE. These days they let us into a raid for free (not exactly a concept during Vanilla or TBC...you always had to do shit to enter pretty much any raid back then...hell...you even had to work your ass off to even be allowd into HEROIC 5 mans)

Not saying it was a good system. I personally hated and still hate TBC attunements.

Makes it all the more funny though to listen to ppl cry how BfA is so unfriendly for alts and bla bla bla everything requires me to do something to do another thing.
    Just remember that originally, the plan was that you actually had to go through BRD every time you wanted to do MC. Good thing that never happened *shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Seems the answer here is to slow down and to abuse Gift, which I haven't been doing. I'll try again after reset!
    thats the spirit!
    dont forget your dubious delight!
    this WA may be handy: https://wago.io/23q54wiYR

I dont want to be a jerk or anything but i want to be honest with you.. if you cant do a 5 mask with that ilevel and cloak its NOT luck that is stopping you my friend.. its 100% you. I do 5 mask runs on several toons and most the time i dont even use an orb until the end before the last boss just to top off.

Especially on a DH... they might be hands down the easiest class to do visions on.
    Last edited by kevincuomo; 2020-04-07 at 02:48 AM.

If your max rank cloak, and your gear is decently upto date, and with some luck on corruption this isn't that hard.

Some classes might have it a bit rough, but generally speaking at the current stage it isn't that hard.

If you go in blind without thinking about the mechanics...your going to fail. Handling the mechanics is how you win.

DH's prob have it the easiest, as they can jump over/meta over most of the mechanics. Combined with their healing/aoe it can't be that challenging.

My guess is the mechanics is where your failing and not the gear check. Knowing what to kick, understanding when x mechanic is coming and when to dodge.

The only thing i can say annoying is Split Personality especially on stormwind as it has a lot of narrow paths/corridors, and usually on my caster warlock...i am kinda stuffed as the exit is usually stuck in a wall. As a DH double jump over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Yep! Only difference is, come Shadowlands, whether I got a stupid cloak or went through hours of horrible RNG-based instances won't matter, but I'll still have like 36 120's!
    again its not "horrible RNG based instance" there is no RNG.
    people who claim there is RNG, are just people who are bad at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    again its not "horrible RNG based instance" there is no RNG.
    people who claim there is RNG, are just people who are bad at the game.
    I mean.. I sell carries and certain sections of SW have rather bad rng with how splitting images can spawn to trap you. It can insta gib you for a lot of sanity and hp if its in a narrow hallway where no exit from the ring spawns.

Most of the vision isn't rng but what little it can have depending on afflictions can be bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean.. I sell carries and certain sections of SW have rather bad rng with how splitting images can spawn to trap you. It can insta gib you for a lot of sanity and hp if its in a narrow hallway where no exit from the ring spawns.

Most of the vision isn't rng but what little it can have depending on afflictions can be bad.
    well yes, a mechanic that you can avoid sometimes does not face the way you want it to.
    but that is easy to avoid if you plan properly.
    if it hasent popped up in awhile wait till after to pull something it could fuck you with.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well yes, a mechanic that you can avoid sometimes does not face the way you want it to.
    but that is easy to avoid if you plan properly.
    if it hasent popped up in awhile wait till after to pull something it could fuck you with.
    I mean with five masks and in certain areas no there isn't a way to stop it from forcing you to eat massive amounts of dmg or eat a hard stun. Like I said there isn't much rng and some weeks there isn't any but what there is can suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    If you don't want to get slowed, then don't use any corruption items? God, some people.... Visions are completely skill based, there is no RNG that can completely kill a run if one does even know just a little bit how to counter mechanics... If you don't want to fear+stunlocked, don't - freakin - fight - in - a - hallway. Yes, this is doable in SW too. The ring even announces itself, idk how one can fail this.
    One RNG that no skill could account for was, I clipped threw the map and fell threw the world. No amount skill can fix a run from that but it was a freak thing to happen. Never say never..

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..could be. My anecdotal evidence is that I didn't come from any nasty MMO. I came from Diablo 2...as did most of my guild. Maybe that is why we could only clear MC, BWL, ZG and AQ 20 and kinda went nowhere in AQ 40 and Naxx. Sure..we all helped with the war effort and got attuned to Naxx...just most bosses refused to die

Well...that is what my post was about in the first place:

2005: Guess that is what I do.

2020: Horrible, horrible...everything...REEEEEEEEEE. These days they let us into a raid for free (not exactly a concept during Vanilla or TBC...you always had to do shit to enter pretty much any raid back then...hell...you even had to work your ass off to even be allowd into HEROIC 5 mans)

Not saying it was a good system. I personally hated and still hate TBC attunements.

Makes it all the more funny though to listen to ppl cry how BfA is so unfriendly for alts and bla bla bla everything requires me to do something to do another thing.
    BFA is unfriendly for alts.
    In BC I might not have had the attunements done on my alts, but raiding wasn't a barrier to entry for playing alts.
    Now you have to take your alts, go unlock all the mechagon quests. Then unlock nazjatar quests and the essences there. And then find azerite gear with the right traits. And do the quite tedious cloak quest. And then a bunch of tedious dailies to support that cloak quest. All while also farming AP.
    Once that is done, I can now go successfully play the game and do the content I wish to do.

Every time I think to myself that I'll go play an alt, I remember the BS involved, and just say screw it. Thank god I main a druid and can just fill every roll.

Quote Originally Posted by einaschern View Post
    BFA is unfriendly for alts.
    In BC I might not have had the attunements done on my alts, but raiding wasn't a barrier to entry for playing alts.
    Now you have to take your alts, go unlock all the mechagon quests. Then unlock nazjatar quests and the essences there. And then find azerite gear with the right traits. And do the quite tedious cloak quest. And then a bunch of tedious dailies to support that cloak quest. All while also farming AP.
    Once that is done, I can now go successfully play the game and do the content I wish to do.

Every time I think to myself that I'll go play an alt, I remember the BS involved, and just say screw it. Thank god I main a druid and can just fill every roll.
    No doubt it’s a pain- not as much a pain as faction changing an alt and redoing everything but a pain...

But I have 4 Alts running at 465+ and a 5th at 449; its not that bad to catch them all up especially with the essence changes ... but it does take a huge amount of time commitment- in fact it takes about a whole week For me to get everything done (bosses j want in nyalotha in each, mythic 11-15+ done), but it’s possible. I can “switch” my main for the week and get that one ahead... though my highest is only 472.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Didn't say the were required, but if you happen to drink one of the sanity-loss potions you might be in a bad spot (and it's entirely random). I'm also not making an argument as to whether potions are "required," only that their presence, frequency, and type are an RNG factor that changes the effective difficulty curve of the run. If you ignore them then that's fine, too; you're just opting to potentially increase the difficulty on yourself accordingly.

A Gift proc can save you if you do get into a bind, though - still works towards overall difficulty. This is a generalized argument, not a specific one. The RNG elements are still present regardless of whether you specifically out-gear or out-skill them.
    That's not true. It's true that the color of the potion is random...however, both SW and Orgrimmar has a dead body next to a potion with a note saying that this color next to the body is a bad one which you can then ignore.

In SW the body is just straight ahead in the corner where there are 2 mobs.
    Orgrimmar is lying inside the hut beyond the bank on the left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post

It warns you roughly 5 seconds before they spawn. It also does it at fairly regular intervals. I often wait for a few seconds so it pops before I pull a boss or go into a tight area i know where it can cause issues and suddenly it becomes a non issue... when the screen goes dark, don't be in a hallway and get out. If you end up in a situation where you say "I can't do anything about this" the thing you can do about it is to not put yourself in that position in the first place. If you do 5 masks the passive drain of insanity is so insignificant to the point that you can afford to pause plenty.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-04-07 at 09:35 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Honestly, this sounds like a lack of skill or lack of knowledge of visions... You say you were knocked into disorient on Armsmaster, what knocked you? If you're pulling other mobs with Armsmaster, don't. The big mob before Shaw feared you into disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again - break that down. First of all, you got feared so you didn't move out of the fear zone. Second, you're pulling Informants into the big dude without playing extra safe to get the kick on Touch of the Abyss. Maybe take it slower? You're complaining about RNG but the fact that the same thing keeps happening (and the fact that a lot of people breeze through 5 masks, even at similar ilvl) suggests that you're just trying to bruteforce through everything without actually bothering to do mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I'm a 463 Havoc DH with a rank 14 cloak and I've attempted 6 +5 masks and STILL cannot complete them due to the UNLUCKIEST f*cking RNG in the world.

Armsmaster in Stormwind, I get knocked into the disorient, he then does his blade flurry and I sit in the entire duration of it because of disorient. Waste my cheat death plus lose another 300 sanity.

Get through that, get to the big mob before Shaw, get feared into a disorient into touch of the abyss into disorient again, kill those, pop my orb, right as the orb spawns, I die due to loss of sanity.

This happens almost every single run I attempt, I get some massive RNG bullsh*t that completely cucks me.

Just to add to the unlucky streak i'm currently on with this DH, I haven't had a decent upgrade from a weekly chest in almost 3 months and I'm only 463 ilvl.
    the fuck?! on DH ilvl 463 with rank 14 cloak you should be able to do 5mask run with one hand behind your back no matter the affixes or what not... are you sure its RNG at fault and not your low skill with the char?

The nice thing about Horrific Visions is actually that there's next to zero RNG. If you fail it's because you made a mistake (assuming your gear/cloak is high enough).

And sure, making mistakes and being punished for it is frustrating. Especially when you only have a few tries per week. But this is also the only content in the game like that, every other form of content you're allowed to fail over and over like an ape with no punishment whatsoever, so I really don't think it's that big of a deal. I'm hoping Torghast is more of the same in Shadowlands.