Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If you're thinking about seceding from the Union...

...now is the time.

You won't get another chance till the next century.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    ...now is the time.

Why now???

Whenever I hear about seccession I get the feeling that it's drama and nonsense.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-04-03 at 03:04 PM.

Moderate pandemics aren't actually all that uncommon. If you perversely view this as some sort of "opportunity", it's surely not the last one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Why now???

Whenever I hear about succession I get the feeling that it's drama and nonsense.
    I think that's the correct instinct to have, but the lesson from your avatar is well taken. Nothing happens at all until it all happens at once and the triggering event that causes everything to happen at once is unpredictable. As we entered the 1910s Europe had been on edge for decades - who would have predicted that a pissant anarchist would have set it ablaze?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think that's the correct instinct to have, but the lesson from your avatar is well taken. Nothing happens at all until it all happens at once and the triggering event that causes everything to happen at once is unpredictable. As we entered the 1910s Europe had been on edge for decades - who would have predicted that a pissant anarchist would have set it ablaze?
    Yeah we can't predict that there won't be secession or civil war or whatever. My avatar is basically saying don't make historical arguments like "There hasn't been secession for the last ten decades so there won't be secession in the next decade either", obviously it could happen since people have the option to secede.

For me I don't take secession seriously just because I think that it requires a good vision of what the new nation state will be like, how will it be different and better than the prior nation state. I think most people in all states realize that nothing would really improve after secession and probably both parties would be worse off from an economic standpoint.

...now is the time.

Yes, and forgo all that stimulus money...please do
    When they don't get that $1200 check (and then some for families), maybe secessionists will realize how stupid the idea is.

...now is the time.

Why is this a particularly good moment? I mean...in general wut? It'd be nice if you could articulate your logic somehow, you know...try to use words.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    quick and not so easy question
    would a secessionist movement be more republican or democrat movement?

I feel it's a republican movement.
    Republicans advocate for small government, well, there is nothing smaller than no federal government at all, only state
    Republicans advocate for state right, well with a secession, state become sovereign nation, so full right
    Republicans advocate for less regulation and more freedom, so breaking from the union means no longer bound by federal law
    Republicans advocate for less taxes and more free market, with seceding from the union you get exactly that, no federal taxes and no federal benefits, everything is free market.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post

Republicans advocate for small government, well, there is nothing smaller than no federal government at all, only state
    Republicans advocate for state right, well with a secession, state become sovereign nation, so full right
    Republicans advocate for less regulation and more freedom, so breaking from the union means no longer bound by federal law
    Republicans advocate for less taxes and more free market, with seceding from the union you get exactly that, no federal taxes and no federal benefits, everything is free market.
    Right wing secessionists are not going to create a nation based on the free market lol. Based on what I've seen most of them don't even want to secede based on economics but instead due to a bunch of backwards social ideas that are typically inspired by religion.

Secessionists typically come from red states.
    The only exception might be NH. Bunch of "free-staters" there.

Would be funny to watch.

-Republican state leaves,
    -lives under Republican ideology,
    -goes bankrupt because of Republican ideology doesn't match reality.
    -asks for welfare while still trying to remain separate or changing their stuff because they don't want to accept reality.
    -gets violent when they continue to decline from refusal to accept reality.
    -collapse
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Secessionists typically come from red states.
    The only exception might be NH. Bunch of "free-staters" there.
    True, but don't forget Calexit.

Anyway...

...now is the time.

Give it a couple of decades, tops. The current demographic transformation of the USA is going to lead to either balkanisation or a massive amount of ethnic cleansing to keep the country super-majority white. Pick your poison.

As for doing it now, nah. Much easier for the US government to squash any rebels ATM what with everything going on and the regular economy in shambles. Remember that during the American Civil War the CSA lost early on economic grounds, it just took a while for their armies to realise . If... (throws dart at a board)... Georgia secedes, how will they fund their secession with the whole planet locked down?
    Still not tired of winning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Give it a couple of decades, tops. The current demographic transformation of the USA is going to lead to either balkanisation or a massive amount of ethnic cleansing to keep the country super-majority white. Pick your poison.
    No lol that's called fear-mongering. Once identity politics is defeated in favor of policy politics then nobody will care about identity traits anymore. Ideas move history forward, not personal attributes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    Can't happen without the military being involved...and that's at least 50% minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Yeah we can't predict that there won't be secession or civil war or whatever. My avatar is basically saying don't make historical arguments like "There hasn't been secession for the last ten decades so there won't be secession in the next decade either", obviously it could happen since people have the option to secede.

For me I don't take secession seriously just because I think that it requires a good vision of what the new nation state will be like, how will it be different and better than the prior nation state. I think most people in all states realize that nothing would really improve after secession and probably both parties would be worse off from an economic standpoint.
    Increasing numbers of republicans view democrats as being outright racist against whites. So for them it would be a massive improvement to secede. There is a clear vision there: stop the racist democrats.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Can't happen without the military being involved...and that's at least 50% minorities.
    Yep, a hilarious statistic that most white supremists don't count on. Immigrants and minorities are MASSIVELY overrepresented in the military. Most of them think the military is somehow the guardian of White America, but it is actually the guardian of actual diverse America. In other words, if anyone wants to start and sort of crazy ethnic cleansing, they are going to suddenly figure out that a really disproportionate amount of the nations tankers and infantryman are Puerto Ricans, Eastern Europeans, and African Americans.

The rest of those tanks are manned by the friends of those guys.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Increasing numbers of republicans view democrats as being outright racist against whites. So for them it would be a massive improvement to secede. There is a clear vision there: stop the racist democrats.
    Okay but I think it would make more sense to just stay in the same nation and then you can point out all the flaws of the racist Democrats. It's fun, much more fun than living in a homogenous nation where everybody agrees with each other on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is pure parody not to mention projection.

10+ Year Old Account
    The military would fracture, advantage no one.

If, at this point, I was the US government and some Bible Belt state declared they want to secede, I'd be all "K, where do I sign?"

10+ Year Old Account

But they are heavily dependant on the funds from the blue states, so red state governments are mostly the "wellfare leeches" of the US.