Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

This video is from a Republican group.

A fucking Republican group.

And the next one is just from the Daily Show.

Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-04-06 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Who was the guy at the end of this one that said to the ever more orange Hannity that he was indeed bad for America? I may need to watch more of that.
    Ted Koppel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Koppel

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    While true, it has aged very well. As a matter of fact, Ted Koppel's statement is more like a fine wine.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

I mean of course nothing will actually happen to them. At worse, and I mean absolute worse, they settle out of court for dollars because that is how big corporations like Fox avoid the law. They offer what is in reality small money to them to people that are broke, that they cannot refuse, and thus can continue on with business as usual. But hey, at least it is something is the thread we can hang on. Fox news has been pretty despicable. When lying about the daily he said / she said bullshit is bad enough but the channels are more or less political entertainment networks that give people with a side they want to tunnel on a place to get it. But when it comes to actual public safety it is pretty fucking shameful. I wish more would be done about that part of it at least, unfortunately we know our glorious leader loves the channel because of the he said / she said bullshit he peddles off as a Presidency.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I mean of course nothing will actually happen to them. At worse, and I mean absolute worse, they settle out of court for dollars because that is how big corporations like Fox avoid the law. They offer what is in reality small money to them to people that are broke, that they cannot refuse, and thus can continue on with business as usual. But hey, at least it is something is the thread we can hang on. Fox news has been pretty despicable. When lying about the daily he said / she said bullshit is bad enough but the channels are more or less political entertainment networks that give people with a side they want to tunnel on a place to get it. But when it comes to actual public safety it is pretty fucking shameful. I wish more would be done about that part of it at least, unfortunately we know our glorious leader loves the channel because of the he said / she said bullshit he peddles off as a Presidency.
    I agree that nothing will probably happen. However, in this case, there is a group behind the suit - so hopefully, if they thought about it at all, there are deep pockets backing them. To bring suit they will have to have standing, which means someone negatively affected by Fox's broadcast, but that individual more than likely won't have to foot the bill.

It will be interesting to see if Fox would settle this out or take it to the end. I suppose it depends on how the court proceeds. But don't expect this to end quickly - unless a summary judgement in favor of Fox comes early.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny seeing how much American media is stoking the fires of their fear mongering machines. You've got Faux News spreading absolute lies about how dangerous the virus is (and I'd love nothing more for lying scum like them to all get it), then you have CBS lying about the conditions in New York hospitals by using footage from a Sky News report in Italy and you've got NBC going after C-SPAN for posting their own coverage on YouTube.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's funny seeing how much American media is stoking the fires of their fear mongering machines. You've got Faux News spreading absolute lies about how dangerous the virus is (and I'd love nothing more for lying scum like them to all get it), then you have CBS lying about the conditions in New York hospitals by using footage from a Sky News report in Italy and you've got NBC going after C-SPAN for posting their own coverage on YouTube.
    Can you link the part from CBS?

Nvm - found it. CBS apologized for the editing mistake. Not sure how you link the latter two to Fox News. Speaking of fear mongering.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-04-06 at 04:07 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Can you link the part from CBS?

Nvm - found it. CBS apologized for the editing mistake. Not sure how you link the latter two to Fox News. Speaking of fear mongering.
    Both are spreading misinformation, that's the link. The situation in Italy at the time of the report, was drastically worse than it was in New York. The death toll in Italy is drastically worse, but New York is almost caught up in number of confirmed cases in such a short period of time. At the time it was misinformation, though it is more likely to be accurate today.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both are spreading misinformation, that's the link. The situation in Italy at the time of the report, was drastically worse than it was in New York. The death toll in Italy is drastically worse, but New York is almost caught up in number of confirmed cases in such a short period of time. At the time it was misinformation, though it is more likely to be accurate today.
    Not, it's not. Fox News is repeatedly and consistently lying, even after being corrected, and markedly NOT apologizing and correcting their constant mistakes. In fact, Faux News is doubling down on their lies and refusing to apologize.

What people have to realize is that journalists make mistakes, and the good ones apologize for them.

Not, it's not. Fox News is repeatedly and consistently lying, even after being corrected, and markedly NOT apologizing and correcting their constant mistakes. In fact, Faux News is doubling down on their lies and refusing to apologize.

What people have to realize is that journalists make mistakes, and the good ones apologize for them.
    And comparing it to the malicious of the lies at Fox News is disingenuous as fuck.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

You know what a mistake is in journalism? Spelling errors. Not doing any amount of fact checking and verifying the sources of video is outright fucking incompetence. And no shit Faux News doubles down on their bullshit, that's their whole MO. When have they ever been honest or truthful. But acting like CBS or CNN are somehow any better is just ridiculous. We all know Fox is full of shit and lie to your face, other media outlets try and hide that they are lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what a mistake is in journalism? Spelling errors. Not doing any amount of fact checking and verifying the sources of video is outright fucking incompetence. And no shit Faux News doubles down on their bullshit, that's their whole MO. When have they ever been honest or truthful. But acting like CBS or CNN are somehow any better is just ridiculous. We all know Fox is full of shit and lie to your face, other media outlets try and hide that they are lying.
    If you're going to insist that accidental error is the same thing as deliberate malfeasance, you're just underscoring that your opinion is so wildly biased that nobody should pay attention to it.

This is not a "both sides" issue, and making that argument is deliberate bad faith.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know what a mistake is in journalism, but I'm not sure you do. Making a mistake and then fixing it is what we want this world to be about. That's EXACTLY how you separate the wheat from the chaff.

All the main stream media outlets are light years better than Fox News. You've essentially made the same argument, you're just equating mistakes with lying. Making mistakes, owning up to them, and then fixing them is the antithesis of lying and then doubling down.

Don't get me wrong - we appreciate the sentiment - but the line is pretty clear between the behaviors.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....fox who opening lies and doubles down on said lies is not any better then a news station that makes a mistake then owns up to it? Sorry I can't equate both actions as the same and I don't know why you would expect anyone else to do so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the same, Fox always apologies for and fixes its mistakes and lies.
    /s

Edit:
    added the /s cause I figure inevitably someone is going to think I'm serious.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-04-06 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Fox should be free to speak their lies.

We should be free to call them out for the shitty humans that they are, and scream from the top of our lungs that they got people killed.
    so fox should be able to freely commit negligent homicide. wow....just wow. you do realize the first amendment DOESN'T COVER ACTIONS WHICH CAN CAUSE HARM RIGHT?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The only ones who successfully sue Fox News are shareholders over their sexual predator problem. $90 million in one of many sex lawsuits is no chump change but as we've seen they never learn.

There's a video going around from a Right-Wing source comparing the MSM in January/Early Feb to what Fox News hosts have said in the last 2 weeks trying to say Fox News is the same as MSM. It's classic conservatism. Never take personal responsibility. A lawsuit won't change this, it's what their audience wants and needs. Their side is NEVER wrong so their media has to make sure to coddle them and make them feelings seem like reality.

Literally as I am writing this I have my TV on Tucker and Rick Scott is whining about how CHINA and the WHO is at fault for the pandemic and action NEEDS TO BE TAKEN against them for their failures. Like wtf? but of course, i've long given up on conservatives taking any personal responsibility ever.

There's 2 great videos of doctors on Fox News telling hard truths their hosts don't want to hear. One with hack Martha McCallum and a new one with mouth-breathing moron Dana Perino being told that Hydroxychloroquine hasn't been shown to be effective in any study and any positive outcomes from people who took it is just purely coincidental. Pretty funny watching their dumb blonde brains not being able to process that dear leader and the right-wing media bubble could possibly be wrong.

The saddest thing coming from this pandemic and I hope Fox News doesn't start spewing is a lot of Right-Wingers using religion and God as an "oh well, we all die anyways" and "the virus is doing gods work" etc, etc, etc. Those people can fuck right off because they are starting to sound VERY FUCKING ISIS-like when they say shit's sky spaghetti's doing.

Since i have a lot of free time on my hands I try to educate conservatives on how the federal government works. Alas, they usually don't want to hear it. As well I try to convince them that whining and blaming China or Obama doesn't solve anything, but they just won't let go of the belief that some external force has control over their lives and any time something bad happens it's never their fault and because of that there must be someone or something out to get them. It's sad.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know what a mistake is in journalism, but I'm not sure you do. Making a mistake and then fixing it is what we want this world to be about. That's EXACTLY how you separate the wheat from the chaff.

All the main stream media outlets are light years better than Fox News. You've essentially made the same argument, you're just equating mistakes with lying. Making mistakes, owning up to them, and then fixing them is the antithesis of lying and then doubling down.

Don't get me wrong - we appreciate the sentiment - but the line is pretty clear between the behaviors.
    One lies by misrepresenting the truth which MSM has done on more than a few occasions and another lies flat out by pulling a bunch of bullshit out of their asses, which Fox News absolutely does all the time. Not once did I deny that fact either. An apology does not instantaneously make the world better, it doesn't change the fact that someone misrepresented the truth or the facts, because that's still lying. The fact that you think one lying and apologizing for lying is OK and another who doesn't apologize for lying isn't, suggests that you don't care about the truth at its core, which is the problem with the lack of ethics in journalism these days. No one should be lying about anything when reporting the stories and news. The fact that you think it's ok for them to lie so long as they apologize for it, is absolutely retarded logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that you think one lying and apologizing for lying is OK and another who doesn't apologize for lying isn't
    Assuming your stance is actually what is going on (it isn't) you are still trying to say they are both equally as bad which
    suggests that you don't care about the truth at its core
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so fox should be able to freely commit negligent homicide. wow....just wow. you do realize the first amendment DOESN'T COVER ACTIONS WHICH CAN CAUSE HARM RIGHT?
    Faux News very much loves their 1st Amendment rights because it allows them to spout the most asinine and retarded bullshit known to man, and still get away with it. I'd be very worried about the election if I were any American voter. 4 more years of this retarded orange cheeto would be painful, and right now he's fucked your country over so hard during this pandemic, not to mention pissed some other countries off in the process. But so long as the Democrats keep doubling down on their stupidity, this Freak Show will continue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Assuming your stance is actually what is going on (it isn't) you are still trying to say they are both equally as bad which
    Nope, never said they were equally bad, one is just worse than the other and neither should be acceptable.