10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Yeah. just kill everything quickly and the boss is at the end. when you get to the end the timer stops and there is a portal to the boss arena.
    I figured it was something like that. Good to know that the timer stops for the boss fight! Thanks.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Managed to get Kosis to spawn on wave 16, 17, 18, double boss on 19 and then again on wave 20.

Guessing there's no capped limit on how many times bosses can spawn in Simulacrum.

On another note, anyone diddled around with Divine Ire this league?
    Got some CI gear and a chest with %ES on kill laying around so was considering making a conversion Trickster but I am uncertain how plowed I'd get with 8.5k ES in Delirium/Simularcum.

Sorry for the newbie questions ... my first time through the game, at act 8 right now. Is it normal to die a lot? I mean, i've been dying a lot to bosses the whole time, and it seems like I just keep throwing myself at them until they die. But now I'm even dying trying to GET to the boss, and it's just not fun. I'm guessing it's a resistance issue? Are resistances really that important while leveling? I just have whatever I got on randomly on my gear, so they are 40%, 3, -10, and -30 I'm level 66 and my health is around 2400 if that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Sorry for the newbie questions ... my first time through the game, at act 8 right now. Is it normal to die a lot? I mean, i've been dying a lot to bosses the whole time, and it seems like I just keep throwing myself at them until they die. But now I'm even dying trying to GET to the boss, and it's just not fun. I'm guessing it's a resistance issue? Are resistances really that important while leveling? I just have whatever I got on randomly on my gear, so they are 40%, 3, -10, and -30 I'm level 66 and my health is around 2400 if that matters.
    Yes you should really try to cap your resistances even while leveling (apart from Chaos). Your resistances are way too low.

As Cairhiin said, yes, elemental resistances are critical, and honestly probably the absolute top priority until capped. Just considering the simple math, the difference between 0 and 50% res is that the latter can take 2 times as many hits of that element, then the difference between 50% and 75% res is the latter still can take 2 times as many hits, so each +1 resistance even gains value the more you have. Hence you'd always like to have 75% (and any +maximum resistances you may gain above that are pretty meaningful).

In your passive tree that you linked a couple days ago, Holy Dominion and Cruel Preparation were good nearby nodes which provide several good stats including all elemental resists, if you haven't gotten those yet. Aside from those, most of your resists will likely come from gear; prioritize gear with a couple good resists to start with, and if any of your rare equipment has open suffixes, I'd say it doesn't hurt to craft some of the cheaper resistance mods to get you closer to cap.

It's much harder to cap Chaos resistance, and most sources of chaos damage are damage-over-time rather than direct bursty hits (which means you generally can react to it), so generally it's not as high priority to have decent chaos resistance. Amethyst Flasks (which grant +30% chaos res while active) can help in this department; while you technically can use other elemental flasks to shore up elemental resistances too (and you likely will want Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire Flasks for some specific encounters), 75+ all elemental res should be attainable without having to waste a Flask slot on a Bismuth Flask or the like.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, you're going to die a shit ton until you really learn the systems.

If you're 66. Stack up 75 resists of Ice fire and lightning (if you're leveling, you dont need 75, so around 50 will be fine). But lets be honest, you're not going to cap jack shit until you learn how to trade. So, what you want to do is learn how to use https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium . Check out this video before you continue playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXmJxSPi7Ms .

Once you start trading, PoE gets a SHIT TON better. Trust me. Its a tad cumbersome, but 110% worth it.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2020-04-07 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    As Cairhiin said, yes, elemental resistances are critical, and honestly probably the absolute top priority until capped. Just considering the simple math, the difference between 0 and 50% res is that the latter can take 2 times as many hits of that element, then the difference between 50% and 75% res is the latter still can take 2 times as many hits, so each +1 resistance even gains value the more you have. Hence you'd always like to have 75% (and any +maximum resistances you may gain above that are pretty meaningful).
    Thanks ... for some reason I thought that resist stuff would be a pain in the ass, but it was pretty easy to cap it with some jewelry changes and the Purity of Elements aura! Made a WORLD of difference!

One more question ... getting close to finishing the story and starting mapping. Is there way for me to try to work towards a new weapon that will get me started at end game? I've been using the same sceptre for about 30 levels now. I got the Spine of the First Claimant the first time through the labyrinth, and haven't seen anything better since. It does crazy cold damage, and was the reason I went with cold spells on my templar. (Though, looking at it now, it doesn't say cold damage for spells, so hopefully it isn't talking about melee only cold damage! lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I'm not saying I SUPPORT the Conquerors... But when you're inside a Trial, inside a Map, that you were sent into from a second map...

You kinda start to understand.

Also: Noob mapper question: Is it better to clear out all four corners of the map and kill each boss once, then level them all up once and repeat... All focus all your efforts onto one boss and then move to the next one. I haven't really mapped since they updated the Atlas and I do NOT get the Watchtower/Conqueror thing.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The important thing to know about conquerors (when obtaining all the watch stones) is that you can only obtain each colored stone from each region once. If for instance you kill Drox in Glennach (he drops a yellow stone), he will never drop a stone from that area again if you spawn his influence in that area again. Conquerors once killed in their rotating set of four won't spawn again until you've gone through all four, and once you hit a certain amount of watch stones (16 I think), you finally get Sirius to proc. So just make sure you check the regions. If you use my example and see that Drox has already been obtained in Glennach, you need to be careful doing maps if you have the appropriate amount of stones in, because spawning him in that area again won't really yield progress towards your at least. Just check the ice tray section for information, as it tells you which stones you've obtained, and how many watch stones you need placed in that area to spawn a certain conqueror.

To answer your question, at least for Atlas progression, you pretty much are forced to uniformly work on them all at the same time. If Drox is spawned and defeated first, you literally can't spawn him again until you kill the next three and so forth.

The games literally about choice to be honest, and it's pretty impossible to focus on all facets of the game. Experiment and get familiar with every micro system of the game, and then proceed to ignore half of it if you don't like those systems at all, or literally make characters that focus on one thing and one thing only (like delve, bossing, or labs). If you do enjoy labs though don't be public about it, because it's a sure fire way to be put on watch lists, as only psychopaths actually enjoy that aspect of the game.

Some people HATE betrayal because it slows down the maps some and putting in the effort to understand how it works just isn't worth the investment when you could just be doing things you actually enjoy. Betrayal however is super rewarding (and I actually like it) if you put forth the time into fully understanding it. For me I just never do incursions at all because I dislike it and aside from double corruption chambers (which can be hard to get) I don't find it all that rewarding, in addition to having to slip into three different sub maps each map.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The important thing to know about conquerors (when obtaining all the watch stones) is that you can only obtain each colored stone from each region once.
    Fun fact: That was actually going to be my next question. I went ahead and killed all four Conquerors, got their gems, and was wondering what the best plan to socket them was!

And yeah. Can't stand Betrayal... LOVE a bit of Bestiary, though. If they brought that back as a league, but working how it does now rather than the annoying way it worked when it was actually a league, I'd love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Fun fact: That was actually going to be my next question. I went ahead and killed all four Conquerors, got their gems, and was wondering what the best plan to socket them was!

And yeah. Can't stand Betrayal... LOVE a bit of Bestiary, though. If they brought that back as a league, but working how it does now rather than the annoying way it worked when it was actually a league, I'd love that.
    What I did last time was do all 4 corners for the the first 4. socket those in the center 4 regions. Do conquerors there. Then socket 2 in the outside, do all conquerors ect.

Dont know if its optimal in any way but it worked well enough.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

The tray on the side will pretty much tell you what to do. It will say something like "Do maps of appropriate level with one watch stone socketed".

Spent way to long getting this.

https://imgur.com/oDPZwdl
    Last edited by Nasuuna; 2020-04-08 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Dont know if its optimal in any way but it worked well enough.
    That DOES sound like a strong plan. Thing is, I have a BUTTLOAD of maps for the corner regions... so it made sense for me to socket them in the corner slot and get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    The tray on the side will pretty much tell you what to do. It will say something like "Do maps of appropriate level with one watch stone socketed".
    This.

Use this as a guide to figure out where you need to spawn dudes and under what conditions. I don't know how effective it is, but I found that removing stones from regions without enough to spawn (i.e. working on spawning 4-stone conqs, remove all the regions that you can't fully 4-socket to prevent slightly lower tier stuff from dropping) did help to sorta "force" more maps at the right tier to drop.

Was a struggle to have enough maps to finish the atlas, but it seems once you get it fully awakened maps start dropping like god-damned candy at T14+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post

Spent way to long getting this.

https://imgur.com/oDPZwdl
    Nice, now you can start playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Looted my first Awakened Gem of the league. Melee Splash, 15c. fml.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Nice, now you can start playing the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Looted my first Awakened Gem of the league. Melee Splash, 15c. fml.
    my first one ever came recently as well

Added Fire, 10c lel

Man...

I want them to take a few leagues to revisit and update older league mechanics rather than continuing to layer on new mechanics that trivialize the older stuff. Like, do you want fossils? Cool, don't waste time in delve, just do delirium and get oodles. Beast? Meh, it's almost all garbage. Legion?! Naw, you'll get way more incubators and shards outta a delirium map. Prophecy? Ppppsssssshhhhhhhhhhh.

That and a god-damned combat log or death recap or SOMETHING. Died on a bloody T11 map to a side boss and I legit haven't the foggiest clue what killed me due to how cluttered the screen was at the time. Went back and the boss died before I could even attack (go minions) and it was nothing dangerous. Just getting tired of dying to "who the fuck knows, you can't see shit anyways" for most of my deaths lately : /

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...

I want them to take a few leagues to revisit and update older league mechanics rather than continuing to layer on new mechanics that trivialize the older stuff. Like, do you want fossils? Cool, don't waste time in delve, just do delirium and get oodles. Beast? Meh, it's almost all garbage. Legion?! Naw, you'll get way more incubators and shards outta a delirium map. Prophecy? Ppppsssssshhhhhhhhhhh.

That and a god-damned combat log or death recap or SOMETHING. Died on a bloody T11 map to a side boss and I legit haven't the foggiest clue what killed me due to how cluttered the screen was at the time. Went back and the boss died before I could even attack (go minions) and it was nothing dangerous. Just getting tired of dying to "who the fuck knows, you can't see shit anyways" for most of my deaths lately : /
    Not knowing what killed me and how is my one, true frustration with this game.

Well, that and it’s a coin flip how well it’s going to run each map.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Well, that and it’s a coin flip how well it’s going to run each map.
    I feel like the servers don't like my build, because I'm getting just about every time of issue you can get.

Dropping frames? Yep.
    Resolution scaling down to like 100p to try to keep from locking up? Yep.
    Still locking up periodically? Yep.
    Delays as server seem overloaded, temporarily slowing down the game before it speeds back up to catch up? Yep.

Performance seems to get worse and worse every bloody league. I've dropped the game down to 1080p to try to account for some of that (at least it runs cooler on my GPU) but even that doesn't do too much : /