Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    We'll likely see the class changes blue post.
    Thank you, Zen Master.

If there is one thing I like so far, it's watching so many players literally shit their pants at the possibility of having to make a hard, weighty choice connected to larger systems.

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    If there is one thing I like so far, it's watching so many players literally shit their pants at the possibility of having to make a hard, weighty choice connected to larger systems.
    You mean being anchored down to a choice because it's simply the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Again I would not mind having to make a choice that affected gameplay. I am just not happy that it also affects story and cosmetics.
    like class and race ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    do you swap your class whenever a different class happens to sim higher?

if so every mage would automatically re roll lock if lock simmed 5% higher and vice versa, in the end your personal preference matters most

7+ Year Old Account
    The most amusing thing about this discussion so far that I've seen on here and Reddit is how people perceive the actual RPG elements in vastly different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    The most amusing thing about this discussion so far that I've seen on here and Reddit is how people perceive the actual RPG elements in vastly different ways.
    its mostly because they are NPCs following asmongold/preach/bellular who preach this religiously "make the game simple again and SyStEmS are BaD" i wonder why they arent playing classic if it has so much replayability instead of demanding the devs make current wow like classic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The Night Elf in the picture is using a new hairstyle.
    I think it's a standard one.

Quote Originally Posted by serra2 View Post
    And I like watching people like you brush this off. Only to cry and complain 3 months into 9.0 when they nerf the covenant you chose because it was OP, and now another covenant is BiS for M+
    Yohohoho

5+ Year Old Account
    Going to pick Kyrian on my Paladin because I vibe with that covenant most for my Pally's lore, don't care what the ability is. Making the story/lore choice for my main.

I'll make a mage who will go Necrolord because the skeletal mage ability sounds fun af. Making the gameplay choice for alts, picking the ability that sounds most fun.

That's not a hard thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    its mostly because they are NPCs following asmongold/preach/bellular who preach this religiously "make the game simple again and SyStEmS are BaD" i wonder why they arent playing classic if it has so much replayability instead of demanding the devs make current wow like classic.
    I think you're downplaying the point. Everybody loves systems, but BFA and wow in general has way too many systems. It's not fun every expansion having to completely re-learn the game and all the micro systems. There are so many micro systems in BFA and background number crunches going on that large scale open world PVP often results in lag due to the number of calculations the server has to do.

Add systems yes, and make them fun. But adding 5 "New" relatively complex systems in per expansion is really annoying.

On the other side of the spectrum classic isn't perfect either - in a lot of ways that's too simple. Theres a balancing act.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    It is especially funny because less than 5 years ago those same people were complaining that doing overworld stuff was not rewarding, and that they wanted a reason to go out to the levelling zones outside just levelling.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Going to pick Kyrian on my Paladin because I vibe with that covenant most for my Pally's lore, don't care what the ability is. Making the story/lore choice for my main.

I'll make a mage who will go Necrolord because the skeletal mage ability sounds fun af. Making the gameplay choice for alts, picking the ability that sounds most fun.

Not everyone is content to gimp themselves because of visuals and lore.
    Yohohoho

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldarius View Post
    I think you're downplaying the point. Everybody loves systems, but BFA and wow in general has way too many systems. It's not fun every expansion having to completely re-learn the game and all the micro systems. There are so many micro systems in BFA and background number crunches going on that large scale open world PVP often results in lag due to the number of calculations the server has to do.

Add systems yes, and make them fun. But adding 5 "New" relatively complex systems in per expansion is really annoying.

On the other side of the spectrum classic isn't perfect either - in a lot of ways that's too simple. Theres a balancing act.
    Pretty sure that's why there wasn't so many systems announced for Shadowlands. You have Covenants, their associated Soulbinds, and Torghast (an endless dungeon experience which should be familiar to many people unless you only ever play WoW and no other games).

What they did in BFA was bad with Azerite armor/Warfronts/Islands, what made it even worse is all those systems turned out to be crap. Presumably because they decided to go wide with their systems instead of deep in depth on a few.

Hopefully SL decides to go deeper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post

I like Kyrian but thats because they just look cooler and Lightsong wouldn't really jive well with Necrolords as cool as they are. Now maybe Nightfae might be different and interesting but we will see, soulbindings are interesting if only in the thematic sense.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Then don't gimp yourself because of visuals and lore.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh2 View Post
    Guess I'm very fortunate I get to complete the content I want to while gimping myself.

I pray to Xenu that we get a datamined build today.

I've gone through the abilities a couple of times now and honestly I don't see these decisions being as weighted as you all think. None of the math is done on the dmg numbers yet and we can't see cooldowns. You have no idea how much of a benefit one will have over another until they're actually implemented in game. People act like the sky is falling and the world is on fire and they're so quick to criticize shit that we haven't even had a chance to explore in depth yet. If all you do is spew negativity into the world you're gonna spend the rest of your days being absolutely miserable

Quote Originally Posted by johny download View Post
    Then don't gimp yourself because of visuals and lore.
    Ok. Then I'll pick the Covenant with the best M+ damage.
    Oh wait, that one is pretty bad for raiding.
    I will still have to gimp myself.

This system is trash.
    Yohohoho