Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes. I hated the rebels more than any villain. I think Blizzard didn't want that.
    Blizzard genuinely managed to make me hate the Horde. A faction I've played for nine years and, at the start of this expansion, I was a pretty die-hard 'supporter' (I guess you'd call it) of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blizzard genuinely managed to make me hate the Horde. A faction I've played for nine years and, at the start of this expansion, I was a pretty die-hard 'supporter' (I guess you'd call it) of them.
    The same for me. Now I could aswell play Alliance.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Because Gallywix makes way more interest and sense as an outside force. That he is no longer leader of the horde goblins was inevitable, does not mean we are rid of him.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

As much as I like Gazlowe I completely missed him becoming Trade Prince. When did this happen? I've read the wikki but was there a quest in game about this?

I liked Gally being the TP with his greedy agenda while Gazlowe sorting things from the shadows. Sad that is over. Oh well, Gazlowe will probably do a great job, I hope I get to adventure with him again, was great fun but he'll probably be super bussy
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    As much as I like Gazlowe I completely missed him becoming Trade Prince. When did this happen? I've read the wikki but was there a quest in game about this?

I liked Gally being the TP with his greedy agenda while Gazlowe sorting things from the shadows. Sad that is over. Oh well, Gazlowe will probably do a great job, I hope I get to adventure with him again, was great fun but he'll probably be super bussy
    Gallywix dissapears after siege of orgrimmar so gazlowe is put on the council instead
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Gallywix dissapears after siege of orgrimmar so gazlowe is put on the council instead
    So it just happens? No quest or RP that states it? I don't remember seeing it at least
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    So it just happens? No quest or RP that states it? I don't remember seeing it at least
    There is a Goblin-only questline in 8.3 that details what happened to Gallywix, but the breakdown is as follows:

"Goblins exalted with the Bilgewater Cartel are sent to deliver a mysterious package to Hobart Grapplehammer only to discover that Gallywix has not only used forgery to get Hobart under contract but has managed to buy all of Crapopolis within the Motherlode. Upon discovering that Hobart has no intention of giving him the X-52 Personnel Armor Gallywix and Hired Scoundrels attack Hobart's workshop only to be driven back. Despite this minor setback Gallywix returned with greater numbers and took Hobart prisoner, with the intention of claiming the armor as his own. However, Hobart stubbornly refused to yield to Gallywix to the point of giving the X-52 Personnel Armor to Gallywix's old rival. The resulting fight between old rivals ended with Gallywix trapped his own armor and forced to renegotiate his contract with Hobart, whose shacking him down actually impressed the Trade Price.

By the time of the formation of the Horde Council, Gallywix had left the Horde and the Bilgewater Cartel which caused Thrall to turn to Gazlowe, who agreed to take over the Cartel."

So Gallywix's departure seems to be due to his conflict with Grapplehammer, and possibly remaining a prisoner in his malfunctioning armor. We might get more to the story in "Shadows Rising," but difficult to say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Gallywix has always been a caricature of your typical goblin, so good riddance. Gazlowe, however, came off as uncharacteristically samaritan in BFA questlines, otherwise I had always liked him. Like Sassy, he was a goblin with personality instead of just profitprofitprofit. They probably wanted to emphasize how different he is to Gallywix, just took it a notch too far. He is still among the more likable Horde leaders currently.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Which "mighty empires"? The Zandalari, who have been defeated twice in five years or so, the second one including the death of their king?
    The first one was from Zul's misfits, not approved nor sponsored by the King and the state

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    And to make it worse, Alliance gets cool things now. They got void corrupted blood elves just recently
    the H word
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Im excited to see what becomes of him now. I doubt he'll be in Shadowlands based purely on theme (could be wrong). Such a wildcard whoae unaligned out there in the world could be good for the story.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Im excited to see what becomes of him now. I doubt he'll be in Shadowlands based purely on theme (could be wrong). Such a wildcard whoae unaligned out there in the world could be good for the story.
    I do think he shows up afterwards. And important notice: We already know time goes different in Shadowlands. This makes it possible he will have years to build up something new.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The first one was from Zul's misfits, not approved nor sponsored by the King and the state

- - - Updated - - -

the H word
    Royal sponsoring or not, it was still the regular Zandalari military - and it was completely routed. So much for a "mighty empire"
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucep View Post
    I do think he shows up afterwards. And important notice: We already know time goes different in Shadowlands. This makes it possible he will have years to build up something new.
    Undermine expasion here we come!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Royal sponsoring or not, it was still the regular Zandalari military - and it was completely routed. So much for a "mighty empire"
    Its not the entirety of the Zandarari military. Both times they were overrun before BfA they were also supporting a local allies so its not even entirely thier fault. BoD was the first time in the Zandarari military was more or less the majority of the armed forces. All that battle proves however is that thier weaker then the Allaince, who are indisputable the strongest mortal superpower on Azeroth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    weaker then the Allaince, who are indisputable the strongest mortal superpower on Azeroth.
    And the Alliance was barely able to besiege Org, even with the aid of the Horde (?) rebels. The Zandalari being even weaker than that doesn't really tell "mighty empire", does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think the part of the "entire goblin fantasy is being an asshole" is all in your head. Do the goblin starting area. Everyone hated Gallywix and wanted him to die.
    Did you forget you literally own slaves at the start of the Goblin Leveling area? Their whole culture is based on making a quick buck, getting out ahead and screwing over others to stand at the top to be the next Trade Prince. The position your character was going for?

There's some RP for it:
    Thrall says: Gallywix has fled the city along with the rest of Sylvanas' inner circle. That leaves the Bilgewater Cartel without its trade prince.
    Thrall says: Gazlowe, it was your cleverness and ingenuity that built the walls of Orgrimmar. I cannot think of anyone I would trust more to take over as leader.
    Gazlowe says: A cartel ain't a clan or a tribe, Thrall. Steamwheedle, Bilgewater... it don't matter who supplies the cash--so long as the pay's good.
    Gazlowe says: "Under new management" is just another way of sayin' ""opportunity's knockin'"". So, sure... you got yourself a deal!
    Thrall says: Can you be sure that none of the goblins here are still being funded by Gallywix?
    Gazlowe says: Oh, I guarantee they are. That's why I'm gonna pay 'em more than that cheapskate.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-04-07 at 04:09 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

the H word
    The second letter is "i".

Exactly. It was Zul's private fail.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They have a strong history of this. Kael Thas, Garrosh, Sylvanas.... Cant have a non-goody-twoshoes as a leader.

I miss Garrosh's Horde. Chucking war criminals off of cliffs, fighting evil with evil.

The Alliance should represent kindness to the kind, the Horde should represent cruelty to the cruel.
    Garrosh's Horde *in Cata* had some potential, but then they flushed it by turning him into black-hatted hypocrite in "Tides of War" and it was all downhill from there.

And the Alliance was barely able to besiege Org, even with the aid of the Horde (?) rebels. The Zandalari being even weaker than that doesn't really tell "mighty empire", does it?
    Beseiging a city can litterally take years for even the greatest real world empires. To win a Seige you ethier need a huge numeric or an unknown advantage. So hardly a fair comparison between the relative strengths of Banshee loyalists vs Alliance. Also that was after an entire war so not the allaince at full strength.

Also thats comparing the strongest mortal faction with the second strongest mortal faction.

So comparatively yes the Zandarari could be considered among the strongest current mortal civilisations.

Not to mention allaince and horde could be considered a multinational grouping so if you compare Zandarari vs a single nation in Ethier faction that statement becomes even more true.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-04-07 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Did you forget you literally own slaves at the start of the Goblin Leveling area? Their whole culture is based on making a quick buck, getting out ahead and screwing over others to stand at the top to be the next Trade Prince. The position your character was going for?
    When did I own any slaves? And I always thought the whole reason everyone wanted me to oust Gallywix as Trade Prince was because I could earn everyone a profit without being an exploitive bastard to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Garrosh's Horde *in Cata* had some potential, but then they flushed it by turning him into black-hatted hypocrite in "Tides of War" and it was all downhill from there.
    I understand him being a bigoted, warmongering, bad boss. But where was he a hypocrite? Only times that comes to mind to me is him killing all of Orgrimmar's warlocks for "practicing dark magic" while at the same time fiddling with dark shamanism and the void.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Zul's misfits yes, but totally approved by the king. The Waterlogged Zandalari journal found in Isle of Thunder has: "When King Rastakhan ordered me to join Zul's fleet, I thought I'd done something to offend the Council. I thought he was sacrificing me and the others just to get Zul off his back and away from Zandalar."

...so even if the king just sent them awy to get rid of Zul and his prophesies of doom, it was totally approved by him to the point of ordering some trolls to go with Z.