Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Well we shouldn't feed a necro thread but yeah I thought celibacy is what creates sexual problems for priests that other groups don't have.

Anyways i'll delete my post from 2 year ago because I consider "retard factory" to be flaming and against the rules. I was a little too angsty about religion back.
    Celibacy doesn't make a person a pedophile. That person was already a pedophile.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Celibacy doesn't make a person a pedophile. That person was already a pedophile.
    Hmm that could be the explanation in most cases but I still think institutional celibacy is bad and creates problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm that could be the explanation in most cases but I still think institutional celibacy is bad and creates problems.
    Celibacy is a self imposed choice. They can always just decide to have normal consensual sex. Nothing about celibacy fores them to break the law to have sex. They won't go to jail for failing to stay celibate.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Celibacy is a self imposed choice. They can always just decide to have normal consensual sex. Nothing about celibacy fores them to break the law to have sex. They won't go to jail for failing to stay celibate.
    Here's the thing though:

If you have sex with an adult and they find out...they throw you out of the church.
    If you have sex with a child and they find out...they just move you to another church.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-04-07 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Here's the thing though:

If you have sex with an adult and they find out...they throw you out of the church.
    If you have sex with a child and they find out...they just move you to another church.
    Thats an issue with the church not celibacy in itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Here's the thing though:

They throw them out of the church if they father a child, not if they break celibacy because otherwise, it's pretty hard to prove that someone had sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Thats an issue with the church not celibacy in itself.
    I'm not denying that.

I'm just saying the church punishes priests that have sex with adults harsher than they punish priests that have sex with children.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    They throw them out of the church if they father a child, not if they break celibacy because otherwise, it's pretty hard to prove that someone had sex.
    I think you might be missing the overall point I'm making here.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-04-07 at 06:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 year necroooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    2 year necroooooooooooo
    It's not a necro if there's been an update.

Maybe the Vatican needs a little corona, can someone infected go visit them already? lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    This thread is not a necro since there was an update. However due to the nature of the topic and how discussion went in the past and present, this thread is better off closed.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."