Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Can still copy gold.

Say I only have 1k gold. Copy char. Mail 1k on original to a second char. Copy 2nd char. I now have 2k gold on TBC server.
    Think the whole '1 character per server per faction' ruins this idea

Can still copy gold.

Say I only have 1k gold. Copy char. Mail 1k on original to a second char. Copy 2nd char. I now have 2k gold on TBC server.
    1 character copy, per server per faction, that blocks any possibility of you taking gold more than once since you can only copy one character per account per server per faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    1 character copy, per server per faction, that blocks any possibility of you taking gold more than once since you can only copy one character per account per server per faction.
    See my edited post.

What do you propose as the gold-copy limit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Think the whole '1 character per server per faction' ruins this idea
    Read my edited post.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

See my edited post.
    Sure, but that's assuming all your guild mates are broke and don't steal the gold. Obviously there are ways around it. And quite frankly the more I think about it, the more I honestly think the level 1 or level 58 option are the best options.

Can still copy gold.

One copy per sever could work, but depending on gold limit, then I could just have all my guild mates mail me gold, copy the char, then mail their gold back from my original.
    What if it's server transfer instead of copy?

See my edited post.

What do you propose as the gold-copy limit?

- - - Updated - - -

Read my edited post.
    Enough to be able to buy regular/epic flying when you hit 70 whatever that amount equates to.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Sure, but that's assuming all your guild mates are broke and don't steal the gold. Obviously there are ways around it. And quite frankly the more I think about it, the more I honestly think the level 1 or level 58 option are the best options.
    My guild mates are broke? Does that matter?

If 25 guild mates pool just 200 gold each because that’s all they individually have, that’s 5k gold to send to one char. Copy. Then send that 5k to the second guild mates Classic char to copy. So on and so forth, such that all 25 members have 5k on their TBC copies. All TBC copies are now 4,800 gold richer.

What gold-copy limit do you propose?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Law View Post
    What if it's server transfer instead of copy?

I already mentioned transfers as the solution to copying gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Many of us who enjoy Vanilla would like to have Vanilla servers active and full. By not allowing character copy/move and TBC must be played with a fresh level 58, many good things happen with no 'real' downside at all. First, Vanilla character will remain with all its mounts/achievements, waiting for you whenever you want. Next, TBC started on an equal footing for all -no AH cornering.

TBC can now be enjoyed by all players old and young, new and those who loved it in the past equally.

Achievement/title from Vanilla character could be carried over?
    Make that fresh level 1 and I'm on board.

If Blizzard does in fact plan to release classic TBC then i would like to continue with my current classic characters and yes i will try to gather as much gold and resources as i physically can but everyone esle is free to do the same. F*ck that communist retail mentality where you aren't allowed to dominate other players and everyone is a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Why would you start at 58 and not 1? Won't take long for players to get 2 max characters right away.
    Because Classic leveling is the longest and worst leveling WoW has ever had. I'd love to play TBC again from the beginning, but not if I have to go through that leveling process. No way.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Clearly the correct solution is to upgrade all servers and let the 10 or so try harass stuck on classic the ability to transfer to a new lvl 60 server that never changed.

That’s #nochanges and that’s the obvious solution

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vofka View Post
    If Blizzard does in fact plan to release classic TBC then i would like to continue with my current classic characters and yes i will try to gather as much gold and resources as i physically can but everyone esle is free to do the same. F*ck that communist retail mentality where you aren't allowed to dominate other players and everyone is a winner.
    What else to do expect from the “everyone is a winner and deserves a trophy” crowd of today.

IMO when they do release TBC, they should release new TBC servers, do a one-time full copy from vanilla and leave the vanilla characters on vanilla. So people can continue into TBC without leaving the vanilla servers a ghost town.

I already mentioned transfers as the solution to copying gold.
    No the solution is to upgrade every server and allow the refuges to transfer off. Why run empty servers for the try hards

My guild mates are broke? Does that matter?

If 25 guild mates pool just 200 gold each because that’s all they individually have, that’s 5k gold to send to one char. Copy. Then send that 5k to the second guild mates Classic char to copy. So on and so forth, such that all 25 members have 5k on their TBC copies. All TBC copies are now 4,800 gold richer.

What gold-copy limit do you propose?
    Oh your talking about a straight up character copy with the items still being on classic. Yeah, no I would not suggest that even remotely, I thought we were discussing just transfers.

If they were to allow characters to come over, I would propose doing it similar to this. Limit gold to the hundreds like 500g or so just so people can't get crazy amounts of gold, maybe even lower to prevent people from creating new accounts to transfer over with gold or something etc. Also, if you are moving a character to TBC it needs to be removed from classic, no buts about it. There is just way too many ways to exploit this if you don't, similar to what you are talking about with players just straight up duping items into tbc. Unless of course you JUST copy over things like BoP and absolutely NO gold.

This is one of the only ways to make sure that broken economies from Classic do not carry over to TBC. Character copying with caveats is a viable alternative but I have a sneaking suspicion something like that would just be abused by players and defeat the purpose. (It's the multibox conundrum: Make multiboxing more difficult to do and it'll just make the benefit for being able to multibox that much more effective.)

This would be seen as a slap in the face for players who want to play TBC and have geared out toons on their Classic realms, however. And while I see where they're coming from, that gear that everybody is all bent out of shape for not being able to carry over gets replaced with a clown suit in a matter of hours so really... there's not a whole lot vested interest there. The biggest downside for 58 premades is that most people suck at the game and boosting a toon (especially in Legacy content) will lead to a lot of people with no fucking clue what they're doing. This issue will largely sort itself out after a month or so but Hellfire Ramparts will become the forge by which 95% of the playerbase is crafted.

I agree with the OP, fresh 58s please

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Starting everybody at level 1 is an amazing way to kill the hype for the product before it even begins.

It's so amazingly simple. Allow one time unique copies of your character to whatever realm (this allows you character to remain on Vanilla realms too) and call it a day. If economy bothers people literally make it so copies can only bring soul bound gear over, and nothing more. This isn't what we had like 14 years ago, but if people are going to bitch and moan about economic impact, it's better for people to bring their classic characters over with essentially zero gold, than force everybody to start at level 1.

What they do leading up to the opening of TBC remains to be seen. You can have a several week transition period where shamans/paladins on Horde/Alliance get time to catch up, or just only turn on those classes ability to level when the Dark Portal actually opens like it was years ago. Changes can happen however to further accelerate the leveling process if they go with either of those routes though, and I'm not exactly opposed to it.

Basically people who want to play TBC want to play TBC. Years ago the entire game was the package and for many, leveling in Azeroth was still part of that package. This isn't the case anymore and for those that want to enjoy leveling in Azeroth classic can and should be maintained as a place for people to do just that. Having template characters or starting people from level ones on fresh servers is absolutely pants on head retarded, and economies being somewhat fucked if Blizzard takes the lazy approach is STILL BETTER than those dogshit alternatives.

If it were up to me (and I’m sure I will make the worst decision) is that I will only allow one fresh 58 and all other characters will start at 1. That way you will still be able to experience TBC content with the intention of focussing on a single character. I’m also fine with servers where your classic character simply progresses to TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Many of us who enjoy Vanilla would like to have Vanilla servers active and full. By not allowing character copy/move and TBC must be played with a fresh level 58, many good things happen with no 'real' downside at all. First, Vanilla character will remain with all its mounts/achievements, waiting for you whenever you want. Next, TBC started on an equal footing for all -no AH cornering.

TBC can now be enjoyed by all players old and young, new and those who loved it in the past equally.

Achievement/title from Vanilla character could be carried over?
    I am all for this, but if BC is coming and they are not going to allow character Transfers I am not going to waste my time with Classic since TBC is so far and above Superior to Classic I cant Justify wasting time in Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    No thanks. I want TBC with my vanilla character. I suspect many people would quit playing vanilla entirely now if they did this.
    Yup, this guy gets it.