Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I get the feeling that WoW is heading to a pick and play type system since nothing they do these days is widely accepted as good and any real feedback they get during alpha/beta is ignored not to mention nothing they do is as popular as stuff they've already done in the past...
    When the majority of WoW players are casuals who don't use any forums, this doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I get the feeling that WoW is heading to a pick and play type system since nothing they do these days is widely accepted as good and any real feedback they get during alpha/beta is ignored not to mention nothing they do is as popular as stuff they've already done in the past...

If you want to play classic you pick classic and launch it just like now, if you want to play Legion you pick Legion and launch it, if you want to play Wrath you pick Wrath and launch it, then as time goes on the patches/content roll out till they get to the last patch (there wouldn't be any pre expansion patches like the squish in Legion) then if you want you would start all over in the next expansion when you get bored with the one you are currently on.

If classic is/was as popular as people claim then why wouldn't they switch to this model? all indications point to a bleed in subs since BfA (not as bad as WoD), they don't have to make new content, just end the game after SL then throw up servers for each expansion, continue charging $15 a month and call it a day, it's like passive income minus server costs.
    What are you on about...... there will be an X9....people on this forum just like to talk...some of them to hear themselves talk. Also not everyone agrees what should be done or designed(As this thread has shown). Just shutting down is stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Someone who played Balance Druid in WoD, how was it? Is what we have now better or more fun?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Someone who played Balance Druid in WoD, how was it? Is what we have now better or more fun?
    "My Starfall brings all the mobs the the yard" is what's coming.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Expect people to hate you in terms of Starfall.

I think there was a Glyph that made it so it ignored enemies you werent in combat with that was pretty much mandatory so hopefully they bring that back or make it baseline.

5+ Year Old Account
    Legion balance was fun because the legendaries supplemented the shallow design. BFA's balance was just a snoozefest though because it was Legion's but lacking which really highlighted just how empty the spec was.

Balance has gotten an eclipse rework p much every xpac, if I recall balance in WoD was middle of the pack-ish but felt good to play. So this is a good thing for the spec.

The only way this becomes bad is if they will lock ST and AOE behind the elements again, ideally both should be able to do both sufficiently with one being slightly more suited to it. Having to stay in a single element would be bad.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Might actually shelf my Paladin for SL and play something else. Pretty sad. These changes are garbo.

7+ Year Old Account
    They still didn't kill S2M? I really fail to see how this talent will be any useful, with what they just told us.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The class changes look good. I'll be trying some of the new specs out for sure. I gotta say one thing, though...

If Frost DKs can choose whether to dual wield or not, why can't Survival Hunters? Let us live that Rexxar fantasy!

The enh and ele changes are amazing, finally no more maelstrom!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    2H frost returns, thank god. Maybe we'll soon get Frostmourne as a transmog now.
    It would basically be a foam replica.

Real Frostmourne has already been repurposed for Frost DK Artifact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Can anyone decipher the Outlaw changes for me? It says that Roll the Bones is now a "modifiable" CD but I have zero idea what that means.
    Long CD.
    Spending combo points reduces CD.

Wrath style balance along with 2h frost have me extremely excited! I only recently started playing shaman so I'm interested to try out all of their changes and see how the class feels. Lock and DH have minimal changes which is okay with me. I'm pumped

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It would basically be a foam replica.

Real Frostmourne has already been repurposed for Frost DK Artifact.
    Well, that's the point. Just as the artifacts are no longer in the hands of players/depowered but can be used as transmogs.

Also, a prospective questline for a Frostmourne mog could be to bring the Blades of the Fallen Prince to the Forge of Domination (which is the place where we'll craft our legendaries anyway) to reforge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Wrath style balance along with 2h frost have me extremely excited! I only recently started playing shaman so I'm interested to try out all of their changes and see how the class feels. Lock and DH have minimal changes which is okay with me. I'm pumped
    Never liked Legion Enha. Looks like Shaman is back to pre-legion gameplay. Might dust off my Shaman if that is the case.

Okay, 2h frost is back. Even if it's shit, that alone has made me happier than anythin Blizzard has done in the last 5 years.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Is it me, or does anyone else think that it's weird for survival to get arcane shot?
    Every class has some limited ranged ability.
    Though dunno where Surv will pull out the bow to shoot Arcane Shots with.

- - - Updated - - -

Current resource feels better than the pendulum Eclipse in WoD. Return to pre-Legion Starfall is nice though (if it does proper damage and isn't useless like it is right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Okay, 2h frost is back. Even if it's shit, that alone has made me happier than anythin Blizzard has done in the last 5 years.
    If only they gave that same flavor win back to Warriors with Single-Minded Fury or Gladiator Stance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Holy power again for all Paladín specs !! Finally I will be able to be a Palatank again, although changes for retribution looks amazing.

I am a happy Paladin at the moment
    Yeah all the Paladin changes make me giddy. I always knew Glimmer would become a mainstay as well. Wake of Ashes baseline is oooomggg <3_<3

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Expect people to hate you in terms of Starfall.

I think there was a Glyph that made it so it ignored enemies you werent in combat with that was pretty much mandatory so hopefully they bring that back or make it baseline.
    I think that was baseline during WoD, with the Glyph turning it into the mass-pull machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda feel bad for paladins.

Shamans get rid of their resource, and paladins get holy power back