Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

so, no ranged survival :(

No changes to MM is definitely a bit weird, especially considering all teh random additions. As is we risk the abilities being watered down to make room for all the new ones. Hopefully there are smaller changes to the rotation that are not mentioned in the blue post.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the changes i am actually curious whether there will be more changes than we initially think for MM. The mention of Kill Shot reducing the cooldown of Aimed shot especially makes me wonder if we will be casting it more often with a shorter cooldown or something similar, considering we rarely are out of Aimed Shot charges anyways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

While I have fond memories of ranged survival, I'm more surprised they aren't being given a dual-wielding option. Especially since Frost DKs can now choose between one-handers or a two-hander.

edit. /10char
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

7+ Year Old Account
    Ranged Survi is gone guys, deal with it. It's been 3 expansions now, and if "return to the old" SL class philosophy is not bringing it back, then nothing will.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No changes to MM is definitely a bit weird, especially considering all teh random additions. As is we risk the abilities being watered down to make room for all the new ones. Hopefully there are smaller changes to the rotation that are not mentioned in the blue post.

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the changes i am actually curious whether there will be more changes than we initially think for MM. The mention of Kill Shot reducing the cooldown of Aimed shot especially makes me wonder if we will be casting it more often with a shorter cooldown or something similar, considering we rarely are out of Aimed Shot charges anyways.
    MM actually plays quite well right now, it just needs a few changes to make it more fun.

Double Tap should be baseline
    Lock and Load, again, baseline

Their AOE needs to be changed, no more limit of 5. If you multshot 3 or more targets, your next aimed shot will hit ALL targets within 10 yards for 75% of the amount.

Lower the cast time on Aimed Shot and MAYBE allow it to be cast while moving.

Heartbroken Subtlety Rogue chiming in to tell you ranged SV fans that I feel your pain.

I can't believe I was dumb enough to let myself get excited for Shadowlands and the so-called "unpruning". I feel like an imbecile.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    MM actually plays quite well right now, it just needs a few changes to make it more fun.

Their AOE needs to be changed, no more limit of 5. If you multshot 3 or more targets, your next aimed shot will hit ALL targets within 10 yards for 75% of the amount.

Thinking about it, i wonder if Kill Shot being added back in might be the missing piece that makes MM click better. I tried imagining Fury without Kill Shot and i think the problem with it owuld be similar, in that both would end up feeling repetetive over time without the options given by having an execture ability to spice things up.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Thinking about it, i wonder if Kill Shot being added back in might be the missing piece that makes MM click better. I tried imagining Fury without Kill Shot and i think the problem with it owuld be similar, in that both would end up feeling repetetive over time without the options given by having an execture ability to spice things up.
    It could be. I'm happy to see executes coming back to classes that had them, they should've NEVER been removed. MM's AoE damage is of course getting buffed in SL w/ Volley being added back.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, current Survival is a blast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

If you pick Volley you can 2 target cleave in SL! Double tap & lock&load are both not really needed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post

Dead Eye
    Master sharpshooters can empower Kill Shot with Dead Eye, a new Talent that lets the Hunter store 2 charges of Kill Shot.
    It also makes Aimed Shot recharge faster for a short time whenever Kill Shot is used.
    - Awesome more Aimed Shots!

Volley
    Volley is a new Talent that enables the Marksman Hunter to rain arrows down on a targeted area over a short period of time. It also empowers the Hunter with the Trick Shots buff, causing all their Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire abilities to ricochet and hit up to five additional targets for half the damage for the entire duration of Volley.
    - Two target cleave! Finally! I feel so sad when there are only 2 targets to shoot.

Flayed Shot(Venthyr)
    Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to suffer Shadow damage over a period of time. When it deals damage, you have a chance to gain Flayer's Mark.
    Causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.
    Nicely empowered by Dead Eye.

>>> Now we only need Arcane shot and Multi-shot back as focus generators and remove the trashy Steady Shot. <<<
    The cast time on Steady Shot is annoying as hell.

Really weird that they're doing nothing for SV right now. That spec needs some spice. It has a decent base but it is far from interesting (to me, at least). The way it's written really implies to me they just haven't made a major pass on SV yet. At least I hope so. I mean, hell, can't they at least add a dual-wield option, since the precedent has now been set for Frost DKs and monks?
    Last edited by Bigthumbb; 2020-04-07 at 07:00 PM.

Good, I like melee survival! I like harpooning to my targets and stabbing the life outta them!

3+ Year Old Account
    Im so happy that there is no ranged survival actually /sigh
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    What exactly do you have in mind? I find that two completely unique ranged specs are more than enough. Also melee hunter seems fit survival fantasy really well.

we kind of knew survival was staying melee given what they said at blizzcon but i didn't expect them to literally do nothing with the spec. it's stupid that i lost my favorite spec and the spec to replace it isn't fun in the least.

Melee SV was the most fun class in WOD before they pruned a ton of the traps and grenades in Legion, but it's still fun today.

5+ Year Old Account
    thank goodness

10+ Year Old Account
    Unpruning doesn't have to mean unmaking. Melee SV has a few fans too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..