Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

DH Havoc Shadowlands Class Update - Thats it????

What is happening? all classes are getting major changes and we got 1 paragraph of bullshit. Dont get me wrong i like IA being baseline but.. wheres the rest of the information? An they AGAIN are trying to force a dps window skill.

Whats going on?

UPDATE: heres my research of 2 years of feedback on the DH forums for havoc, please take a look and tell me what you think:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vuL...vJC6j6GIi/view
    Last edited by Musta; 2020-04-12 at 01:38 PM.

They're well behind on DH development it seems. We're still missing a covernment ability.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I bet is because blizzard is kinda mindblown and overwhelmed by the Demon Hunter class being so good.
    They probably have no idea where to go from here.

Nerf? Change? Stay the same?

Just a guess i have no idea

But yeah, it was really underwhelming that post

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They're well behind on DH development it seems. We're still missing a covernment ability.
    We can only hope they will fix that later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    What is happening? all classes are getting major changes and we got 1 paragraph of bullshit. Dont get me wrong i like IA being baseline but.. wheres the rest of the information? An they AGAIN are trying to force a dps window skill.

Whats going on?
    My bet is that they have no abilities to unprune so they decided to do nothing.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I hope Furious Gaze becomes baseline. It's such an amazing quality of life trait that not having it post BFA would suck so bad. Also, they basically gave us colossus smash. That's retarded. Last thing havoc needs.

What did you expect them to unprune for DHs? We literally existed for 2 expansions, nothing has been gained or lost of value. Would it have been nice to get the artifact ability back or Inner Demon and baseline Furious Gaze? Sure, but not necessary. Other classes needed way more attention than we did.

Surprised I didn't see Fury of the Illidari in there, as I expected it to make a return. And I do hope Dark Slash won't become baseline. I don't want that garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Devs: Here's a small preview.

OP: Anger.

Did your tunnel vision ignore that Monk has 1/4 Covenant abilities, the 1 which has been in since Blizzcon and literally hasn't changed from a flat % mastery buff? Shaman also has 2/4. DH is not behind at all and is in fact nearly finished like the rest.

Some in here are also acting like DH needs anything drastic when the class overall is in a great position compared to almost every other class. DH came through BFA practically unscathed from pruning.

monks have 1 covenant ability, but tons of class changes. i dont think thats the problem here.

i dont think dhs just arent getting much.

vengeance gets better though.

An they AGAIN are trying to force a dps window skill.
    This is a good thing imo.

The demon hunter changes doesn't come as a surprise to me, seeing as they came out only one expansion ago.
    Last edited by Infernoxas; 2020-04-07 at 07:24 PM.

They could unprune DH`s third spec.

Oh... dark slash. Was that ever meta? Does anyone actually pick that talent?

At least in pve it shouldn't have been. I never used it myself. Actually I forgot the talent even existed.

As for pvp, I cant say. I haven't pvp'd at all, but my pvp noobish thoughts make me think "maybe extra burst dmg could be useful?", but still. It always felt clunky talent and such an effort to even use.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Oh... dark slash. Was that ever meta? Does anyone actually pick that talent?

At least in pve it shouldn't have been. I never used it myself. Actually I forgot the talent even existed.

As for pvp, I cant say. I haven't pvp'd at all, but my pvp noobish thoughts make me think "maybe extra burst dmg could be useful?", but still. It always felt clunky talent and such an effort to even use.
    Nobody likes that shit, and we made it PRETTY CLEAR during alpha/beta and thru BFA. It makes no sense.

7+ Year Old Account

Whats going on?
    No, not all classes get major changes. Check hunters or mages.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    No, not all classes get major changes. Check hunters or mages.
    Major changes i understand.. but so little is underwhelming....

Major changes i understand.. but so little is underwhelming....
    Go peek at survival. All they got mentioned was lol number tweaks, seriously tuning was all that was mentioned. Havoc didn't have much that it needed really.

Wasn't one of the first lines in the huge post about how this is the first look at things and it's all a WiP?

Though I guess you can't really blame people for being concerned, Blizzard's track record isn't that great when it comes to the whole sentiment of "it's only Alpha, I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time release comes around"....

Kind of hard for there to be a lot of class changes when your class only has two specs.

Whats going on?
    Classes are getting "re-defined". Going back to their roots. DHs are new.... their roots are really well established.

You don't need to "make DHs great again". There have been no overhauls to DHs