The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    As I said that was my main issue with the Dragon Ball Z which the same mentality as FF7 remake current plot. Let us hope I am wrong since it is still early to fully judge it, just saying I am not fan of AU reality and bs like that.
    See with dragonball it happened at the same time. Therefor it can effect the impact. Something happening 20 years later doesn't change the original impact it had. It's physically and literally impossible without time travel.

I'm not saying you have to be a fan of anything. but hyperbole change anything.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    See with dragonball it happened at the same time. Therefor it can effect the impact. Something happening 20 years later doesn't change the original impact it had. It's physically and literally impossible without time travel.

I'm not saying you have to be a fan of anything. but hyperbole change anything.

Well in the original unfinished unreleased version of FF7 there was a side quest to bring her back which is why you somehow still find her strongest weapon and limit break in later areas like the snowy area even in the released version (they didn't bother to remove it haha). But yeah they removed that side quest because it will lessen the death impact kinda like Chrono Trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in the original unfinished unreleased version of FF7 there was a side quest to bring her back which is why you somehow still find her strongest weapon and limit break in later areas like the snowy area even in the released version (they didn't bother to remove it haha). But yeah they removed that side quest because it will lessen the death impact kinda like Chrono Trigger.
    And? It wasn't in the game and didn't impact anything did it? Now sure how this is relevant?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Damnit, forgot this is coming out Friday. I really want a physical copy but like...I wanna play it ASAP since I know it'll be spoiled right quick. Guess we'll see if I can find anywhere that can ship/sell me a copy this weekend.

GAH, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

I didn't say it will not affect I said it will weaken the impact it is like the DBZ situation when you see Goku died the first time against Raditz it was a big shock and sad but later on it was revealed that dragon balls can bring back the dead which weaken the impact of the death itself. Same goes here in the real reality Aerith died but it seems in this AU it will be the Dragon ball situation where Cloud will try to prevent it or something like that. Having someone dear to you die permanently is way more powerful and impactful than dying then knowing that person will come back somehow.
    lol? db started with goku that was convinced by bulma to ress his grandpa

10+ Year Old Account
    And? It wasn't in the game and didn't impact anything did it? Now sure how this is relevant?
    God it is like arguing with a child are you fucking understanding what I am writing really? I SAID the main reason SquareEnix didn't put that side fucking mission to ress her back in the game because it will weaken the impact of her death. IS THAT FUCKING HARD TO GRASP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol? db started with goku that was convinced by bulma to ress his grandpa

That is what I was saying. Goku's death was never impactful to begin with because we already knew they could res people from death. I can think of at least 2 times before goku died.

the dragoball reveal happened before goku's death not after.

- - - Updated - - -

God it is like arguing with a child are you fucking understanding what I am writing really? I SAID the main reason SquareEnix didn't put that side fucking mission to ress her back because it will weaken the impact of her death. IS THAT FUCKING HARD TO GRASP?

And? Did I say that quest wouldn't have impacted anything? How is it relevant when IT WASN"T ADDED. It wasn't added therefor it didn't impact anything therefor it's irrelevant.

Oh I did watch DB and DBZ up until the end of super. I was referring to Goku death. I know about Krillin death.
    If you watched then clearly you already knew the dragonballs where a thing thus making any death irrelevant? No death in DBZ was ever important be it Goku, Krillin, Vegata suicide bomber etc because the ultimate copout exists and it's literally the name of the series. Hell it even got worse over time when you had still dead people fighting before even being brought back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you watched then clearly you already knew the dragonballs where a thing thus making any death irrelevant? No death in DBZ was ever important be it Goku, Krillin, Vegata suicide bomber etc because the ultimate copout exists and it's literally the name of the series. Hell it even got worse over time when you had still dead people fighting before even being brought back.
    I'd have to rewatch it, but I'm seem to remember that being the plan. IE I'll grab him, you kill us both and wish me back after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup I have watched them all long time ago to the point I lost interest in any deaths overtime because of the reason you brought.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what I was saying. Goku's death was never impactful to begin with because we already knew they could res people from death. I can think of at least 2 times before goku died.

the dragoball reveal happened before goku's death not after.

- - - Updated - - -

And? Did I say that quest wouldn't have impacted anything? How is it relevant when IT WASN"T ADDED. It wasn't added therefor it didn't impact anything therefor it's irrelevant.
    God you are either dense and thick in the head or my English is super bad that it can't get through your brain really.

I SAID the main reason they didn't include it in the main final release version of the game...is BECAUSE IF THEY DID PUT IT ? IT WILL WEAKEN THE IMPACT OF HER DEATH which is why they didn't and now in the remake they are kinda revisiting that possibility with their AU reality shit.

Did I make myself clear or you want another explanation? god sometimes people are too stupid to understand basic stuff really...

10+ Year Old Account
    I SAID the main reason they didn't include it in the main final release version of the game...is BECAUSE IF THEY DID PUT IT ? IT WILL WEAKEN THE IMPACT OF HER DEATH which is why they didn't and now in the remake they are kinda revisiting that possibility with their AU reality shit.

Did I make myself clear or you want another explanation? god sometimes people are too stupid to understand basic stuff really...
    This is literally in the post you just quoted.

And? Did I say that quest wouldn't have impacted anything?
    Can you read it this time?

Only reason it would impact is because both happened at the same time. You cannot change the impact of something 20+ years later. said impact happened in the past and cannot change.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is literally in the post you just quoted.

Can you read it this time?

Only reason it would impact is because both happened at the same time. You cannot change the impact of something 20+ years later. said impact happened in the past and cannot change.
    Oh yes you can change really it is easier to ruin good stuff than the other way around. Easier to ruin a great thing but harder to fix a bad thing into making it good again (not saying it is impossible but harder). Look at how Blizzard ruined a beloved game that people loved for over 15 years by doing something super stupid (talking about how they ruined Warcraft III original into that stupid piece of shit reforged).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes you can change really it is easier to ruin good stuff than the other way around. Easier to ruin a great thing but harder to fix a bad thing into making it good again (not saying it is impossible but harder). Look at how Blizzard ruined a beloved game that people loved for over 15 years by doing something super stupid (talking about how they ruined Warcraft III original into that stupid piece of shit reforged).
    Wrath was still a great xpack to me. No later expansion ruined my play time in wrath, because it happened in the past. You cannot change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Right?

Am I the only one that DOESN'T want more "side content" in games nowadays? It's always just tedious shit like uninspired fetch quests for some faceless NPC, and it's only made worse when developers try to push you into doing it by balancing progression around side quest XP gain or something.

Not to mention it can really ruin the feel of a story sometimes. There's nothing worse than a game successfully building a sense of urgency or something in a storyline and then stopping in its track and having 12 side quests appear.

"Oh no, the giant squid of doom is attacking the town, we've got to stop it!!! ...but could you take a minute to deliver this pie to Hungry Pete across the road? Ok, thanks."

FF7 original had a perfectly fine amount of actual "quest" content and then side content that was interesting enough but not required by any means. I am not interested in extending the raw number of "hours of gameplay" for the sake of extending it.
    Yep. Can tell how much effort devs put into side content these days. Gone are the days of discovering secret bosses and hard to find treasure in starting locations. Now it's lifeless Pete wants you to clear a den of rats. And I'm not kidding when I say killing rats with this game. You also help a little girl find her lost kittens. And thier mouths are weird when they talk. So when you're having fun with the main story then all of a sudden have to start killing rats to unlock a powerful materia it really takes the wind out of the sails.

IGN had to give this game an 8 because of said filler. IGN! Didn't even give it a 10. That's a worry when IGN doesn't trip over themselves to keep companies happy
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2020-04-07 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damnit, forgot this is coming out Friday. I really want a physical copy but like...I wanna play it ASAP since I know it'll be spoiled right quick. Guess we'll see if I can find anywhere that can ship/sell me a copy this weekend.

GAH, FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS
    if you have a local best buy it should still be open..granted state dependent. Mine is still open and doing curbside pickup, so ill be getting mine as soon as they open.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    if you have a local best buy it should still be open..granted state dependent. Mine is still open and doing curbside pickup, so ill be getting mine as soon as they open.
    Walmart will be open everywhere regardless as the are a grocer and games are $10 cheaper there to boot.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yep. Can tell how much effort devs put into side content these days. Gone are the days of discovering secret bosses and hard to find treasure in starting locations. Now it's lifeless Pete wants you to clear a den of rats. And I'm not kidding when I say killing rats with this game. You also help a little girl find her lost kittens. And thier mouths are weird when they talk. So when you're having fun with the main story then all of a sudden have to start killing rats to unlock a powerful materia it really takes the wind out of the sails.

IGN had to give this game an 8 because of said filler. IGN! Didn't even give it a 10. That's a worry when IGN doesn't trip over themselves to keep companies happy
    FFVII had amazing side content. I mean let's just consider that everything related to Yuffie and Vincent was side content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath was still a great xpack to me. No later expansion ruined my play time in wrath, because it happened in the past. You cannot change it.
    I am talking about Warcraft III and how the remake of reforged literally ruined that classic game forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    FFVII had amazing side content. I mean let's just consider that everything related to Yuffie and Vincent was side content.
    and the creation of golden chocobo breeding that was awesome! and ofc the mighty emerald and ruby weapons as optional bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Not sure what IGN not giving it a 10 has to do with anything, IGN memes aside a 10 from them is quite rare. They have had a few years where they didn't give any game a 10 at all. Then you look at some of the more recent games they gave a 10 to, Alyx, Persona 5 Royal, Celeste and they clearly didn't hand them out to appease companies on their big AAA releases, one being a niche VR game, one being a greatly enhanced version of a JRPG and another just being a straight up indy platformer. They haven't handed an AAA game a 10 since RDR2 and God of War both in 2018.

But let's go back to this- early part of the quote.

Gone are the days of discovering secret bosses and hard to find treasure in starting locations.
    Not sure what games you're playing but I see these quite often in modern games. Don't pull the "back in mah day!" card because super bosses and hidden treasures have never went anywhere in gaming.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-04-07 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well yeah but this isn't Ff7. It's ff7r. That's why I said these days. Only a handful of games handle side content now

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what IGN not giving it a 10 has to do with anything, IGN memes aside a 10 from them is quite rare. They have had a few years where they didn't give any game a 10 at all. Then you look at some of the more recent games they gave a 10 to, Alyx, Persona 5 Royal, Celeste and they clearly didn't hand them out to appease companies on their big AAA releases, one being a niche VR game, one being a greatly enhanced version of a JRPG and another just being a straight up indy platformer. They haven't handed an AAA game a 10 since RDR2 and God of War both in 2018.

But let's go back to this- early part of the quote.

Not sure what games you're playing but I see these quite often in modern games. Don't pull the "back in mah day!" card because super bosses and hidden treasures have never went anywhere in gaming.
    They notoriously rate games higher than they should be like pokemon games.

The back in my day is reference to games where it wasn't so formulaic. Modern square Enix games it's like watching a movie with bad acting. It's not subtle or feel natural it just follows a formula. That's why I said items at the start of the game not in the final chapter. Because only games like dark souls actually handle items in a creative interesting way these days. Not just in a chest before the last boss. Or a reward for killing 12 rats. It's an art form where as now there games feel more like watching a 12 hour movie. That is not as engaging as a good video game or a 2 hour well made film.

And secret bosses are not hidden anymore because they don't want to waste budget on content people won't play so they make it obvious and easy to find