Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Doesn't matter what it synergies with. I liked the old Searing Totem back when it was placed and could be move around.
    The old totem was kinda bland really. I am kinda hyped to see what it does exactly. I do think they want to still stay far from "fire and forget" stuff. It's like how ret aura is not just something you press and forget about, it will actually bring something to the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has some new mechanic linked to it.

I'd also very much like to see fire elemental come back. I miss that buddy. I do understand they don't want to give too many CD tho because that just remove from the overall power of the class / spec.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh SMF, please?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Mages getting alter time back, the coolest and most awesome spell ever to be in WoW is already worth three years of subscriptions. Thank you Ion.
    Fucking baseline mirror image, so fuckin happy.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Deonora View Post
    So 2 handed frost is back. I really hope it's horrible because only people that want this back is because it was broken AF when it was a thing in Wrath.
    And I just know it's going to end up the optimal rotation, and I'm going to have to shelve my favourite spec for a whole expansion again. I'd been enjoying playing it since they removed 2H frost in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

5+ Year Old Account
    The four abilities that I most hoped for apparently didn't make it:

- Gouge for all Rogues
    - Mage heal on Evocation
    - Nimble Brew (without shared CD) for Windwalker
    - Gust of Wind for Elemental Shaman

I also hope that Survival Hunters get more than just "bigger numbers". At least they don't change it back to ranged, apart from a few new (old) additional abilities. Meele Survival is one of the most fun specs currently in the game, it just needs a bit more survivability in meele fights vs other meele players, as we have to kite them most of the time to stand a chance.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Pick Pocket will frequently uncover new ingredients that can be mixed into their Crimson Vial, augmenting its power the next time the Rogue drinks it.
    I'm curious what the effect will be, and do we have to pick pocket our enemies in every Arena match (once or multiple times?) to get this effect?
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2020-04-07 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm moderately impressed .. sub and survival are still unrecognizable trash but I quit those classes completely in legion anyway.

Its a shame my main is still cancer but hey it looks like SL may actually be playable if I use my paladin.

Still, an absolute joke that this had to happen in the first place. 2 expansions of shit tier class design.. and for what? So you could just give it all back in SL?
    Fucking retards at Blizz seriously. I wonder how long it'll take them to remove all this shit again after bloating us with uninteresting lame fuckin faction abilities.

I like the enh changes

Also GCD needs to be butt-fucked into non existence , combat feels ATROCIOUS now. FF14 is that fucking way Blizztards ---->>>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    It seems logical that there would be defensive stance for intervene/challenge shout./shield slam & block/igore pain.

it is Blizz so logic is out the window, but rly it wouldn't make sense to not have at least 2 stances.

Holy Power returns as a resource for all Paladins to use to fight off attackers and defend their allies.
    Nooooo

Holy power is such a fucking boring mechanic. The one good change made to paladins in the recent past was removing it from some specs. It should really be gone altogether, not making a reappearance.

Looks like the havoc/outlaw rogue meta will continue hurray! I see poisons being super broken probably more so then before. Vengeance looks like it will adopt some havoc playstyle which sounds like a dream to tank with even moreso now. Arcane mage looks like it could actually be a thing and they are just being vague about it here. Shame they didnt do more for warlocks because their specs are so boring to play rn. Also thank god maelstrom resource is going away, it fucking ruined shamans especially enhance from their OG spam status.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalarm View Post
    The old totem was kinda bland really. I am kinda hyped to see what it does exactly. I do think they want to still stay far from "fire and forget" stuff. It's like how ret aura is not just something you press and forget about, it will actually bring something to the table.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has some new mechanic linked to it.

I'd also very much like to see fire elemental come back. I miss that buddy. I do understand they don't want to give too many CD tho because that just remove from the overall power of the class / spec.
    there may be some problems related to it,
    -like what range it will have?
    -how much overal dmg % will be tied to it?
    -how much hp it will have

that was allways problem with totems they could be outranged, insta destroyed and didynt do enough in their time frame to feel satisfying, beside some specific ones like tremor which had it times of glory
    Adding a cd to list of its problems may be annnoing, will see i suppose how things will play.

my reall concerns are related to things that are not mentioned, like:
    -ascendance being basline, btw can someone explain why its not being trigered by "visions of perfection"? Any reason given?
    -lacking decent defensive cd, that actualy everyone else have in more or less crazy form (fucking DH Rain from Above, or monk Touch of Karma shit, or pala bubble without any penalty to dmg done, beast master buble up while pets eat everything alive, dodge, parry and many, many more, wth)
    -making spirit wolfs do something more than being some extra autoattacks, for medium long cd they have
    -making SS being affected by mastery on some level
    -last but for sure not least, getting back old talent "ancestral guaidance" to self heal + raid utillity while doing dmg, that was been actually seriously decent shit in every shaman toolkit and on top of that really, really nice defensive/utillity cd in pvp

ps.
    -old flame shock+ fire nova mechanic with basicly infinite scalling was been crazy good and so op so dont even counting this to get back in any form
    maybe limiting it to 4-5 FS at same time would be enough for actualy getting back this, sweet to use and look at, skill combo :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Yep. They aren't unfucking Revenge and Focused Rage, making everything else they're trying to do utterly irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by dewd View Post
    this all reads so awful
    they wotlk'ifying every class. as if taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backs isnt enough theyre going 10 miles back.
    If your scale is balanced and you add a shitton of things on both sides but it never is as balanced as it was before it is wise to take all the steps back to a more balanced scale. Hopefully we won't see raids where you have to stack one class to be successful like in BfA. Got not enough Rogues on Zul Mythic? Tough luck, see you next tier.
    Und wenn du das Spiel verlierst, ganz unten stehst, dann stehn wir hier und sing Borussia - Borussia BVB!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    And I just know it's going to end up the optimal rotation, and I'm going to have to shelve my favourite spec for a whole expansion again. I'd been enjoying playing it since they removed 2H frost in Legion.
    Weapons are just stat sticks now mostly, so i doubt it. Weapon damage isn't factored into like ANYTHING anymore.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    So instead of progressing and evolving, they've chosen to regress just to appease the dumbasses that can't see two feet through their rose tinted glasses.
    Thanks for nothing, assholes.
    Just because something is dated doesn't mean it is not an improvement. These changes are improvements.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Fury was the only specialization that I didn't think was terrible in BFA, so I'm okay with little changes. I do really like that frothing berserker change. Bummed there's no SMF, and severely bummed Glad spec is probably gone forever, best part of WoD imo.

So hype for 2h frost coming back and that frost is getting some more utility via shared abilities. I love frost but Legion/BFA really killed it, like tortured it and left it to decay on the side of the road.

I must be one of the few that really likes SPriest's insanity gimmick. I'm glad to see they're attempting S2M again.

Hunters still look lame. I like melee survival, but I wish they made it more of a hybrid range/melee spec. Especially with them adding more shared abilities between specs.

Overall some pretty good stuff though

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Nooooo

Holy power is such a fucking boring mechanic. The one good change made to paladins in the recent past was removing it from some specs. It should really be gone altogether, not making a reappearance.
    I always thought the BfA version was the right one, it fits for DPS if anything, but it feels REALLY awkward for your damage reduction ability to be rotational as a tank, or for your strongest heal to be a combo move as a healer.

I don't like Holy Power, and I'm a pretty open minded dude about class design, never really hating too much on it. Seems like they're going straight against feedback with this change.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    there may be some problems related to it,
    -like what range it will have?
    -how much overal dmg % will be tied to it?
    -how much hp it will have

that was allways problem with totems they could be outranged, insta destroyed and didynt do enough in their time frame to feel satisfying, beside some specific ones like tremor which had it times of glory
    Adding a cd to list of its problems may be annnoing, will see i suppose how things will play.

my reall concerns are related to things that are not mentioned, like:
    -ascendance being basline, btw can someone explain why its not being trigered by "visions of perfection"? Any reason given?
    -lacking decent defensive cd, that actualy everyone else have in more or less crazy form (fucking DH Rain from Above, or monk Touch of Karma shit, or pala bubble without any penalty to dmg done, beast master buble up while pets eat everything alive, dodge, parry and many, many more, wth)
    -making spirit wolfs do something more than being some extra autoattacks, for medium long cd they have
    -making SS being affected by mastery on some level
    -last but for sure not least, getting back old talent "ancestral guaidance" to self heal + raid utillity while doing dmg, that was been actually seriously decent shit in every shaman toolkit and on top of that really, really nice defensive/utillity cd in pvp

ps.
    -old flame shock+ fire nova mechanic with basicly infinite scalling was been crazy good and so op so dont even counting this to get back in any form
    maybe limiting it to 4-5 FS at same time would be enough for actualy getting back this, sweet to use and look at, skill combo :P
    Do you mean for fire elemental or the searing totem? As enh and mainly PVEer I never had much trouble with most of those. Back in WoD, the dmg of searing totem itself wasn't that much of an issue because you kept it up for a long time mostly for liquid magma. Other expansions had some mechanics with lava lash and etc. It was most of the time some really minor DMG that you refreshed when you had no other buttons. But yes, totems often felt unsatisfying. Magma totem was nice if somply for all those numbers popping up. Tremor was indeed really nice! I hope it's design goes back to a more active behaviour instead of the almost useless we got now.

- I wonder if ascendance will be baseline again. If it does, I hope they bring back the darn glyph I was so happy to get in WoD!
    - Lacking defensive CD, indeed too! It really hurt us that they removed SR and gave pretty much nothing in return. Oh the days when we even had stoneclaw totem glyph (I think) that gave us a shield...
    - I think they definitely should make the elemental wolfies baseline now. Since weapon imbues are back it should use the one you have to define which element they wil be. Could even make it so that WTV resto imbue use summon wolfies who jump around and heal players. That could be cool, but they probably have enough CD already and it would be hard for enh/ele to really benefit from it. They used to heal us, give us a sprint and even free us from CC.
    - Not sure about SS. It technically already is, it increase the WF procs which can give you SS procs and inscrease the SS proc chance itself. I think it is fine where it is.
    - Ancestral guidance was really nice! I'm not sure if it even did something but there was some really nice satisfaction with it! Specially popping it with ascendance and having that massive burst of healing.

Yeah FS + FN was crazy back then haha! It was our only way to really shine for a big part of WoD tho. I think most were ok with it being OP because our ST was really bad for so long in that expansion. Hey at least it made it easy for me to get in CM and get the weapons!

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm moderately impressed .. sub and survival are still unrecognizable trash but I quit those classes completely in legion anyway.

Its a shame my main is still cancer but hey it looks like SL may actually be playable if I use my paladin.

Still, an absolute joke that this had to happen in the first place. 2 expansions of shit tier class design.. and for what? So you could just give it all back in SL?
    Fucking retards at Blizz seriously. I wonder how long it'll take them to remove all this shit again after bloating us with uninteresting lame fuckin faction abilities.

I like the enh changes
    That's what's disappointing about seeing these replies. So many people going OH THE ONE ABILITY I LIKE IS BACK NOW IM BUYING SHADOWBLANDS/GETTING A YEAR SUB! They don't even know in what state those abilities will be added. I'm reminded of Holy Radiance and how worthless it was to everyone but Holy paladins, they could easily add these abilities in a completely unusable state unless you are in "the right spec" for it. The precedent is there.

Not to mention they are getting hyped about getting things back. Not even new things, just rewarding the company for doing the bare minimum and actually fixing their crap design. I'm extremely skeptical the fixing will extend beyond token abilities to appease some players. We'll still have the least amount of zones and dungeons any expansion has ever launched with along with crappy AP grinds and abilities that will be locked to "covenants" which is just another way of gating people wanting to try new things with grinding a completely new rep.

These are good things, but the overall design of the game is still complete trash. Unfortunately their gambit paid off and the impressionable people are tossing them money over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Also GCD needs to be butt-fucked into non existence , combat feels ATROCIOUS now. FF14 is that fucking way Blizztards ---->>>
    Out of the average 30-40 abilities jobs get in XIV about 5-10 of them are OGCD. So even XIV's combat is more fluid than WoWs at level cap. That's how bad things have got.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

Having hard time comprehending Frost DKs.

Frost AoE/Cleave tooklit, if unchanged.
    Remorseless Winter - currently baseline
    Death and Decay - added baseline to all DKs in Shadowlands. - this will MAYBE replace Remorseless Winter to be more thematically in line with Death Knights.
    Frostwyrm’s Fury - currently talent, added to Frost baseline in Shadowlands.
    Frostscythe/Frozen Pulse - currently talent.
    Breath of Sindragosa - Currently talent.

For CDs:
    Pillar of Frost - currently baseline Frost DKs
    Hypothermic Presence - talent in SL that halves RP costs.
    Empower Rune Weapon - currently Frost baseline.

For survivability:
    Death Strike - currently baseline,
    Lichborne + Raise Dead + Sacrificial Pact - added baseline to all DKs in SL
    AMZ - added baseline in SL.

Is it just me or this looks like.. a bit too much? xD

Seeing other changes to classes - most of them look underwhelming comparing to DKs

I wont even go Survival Hunters changes which are just number boosting.

Overall.. as WoW player since Vanilla i see a lot of "changes" just being reverting back to pre-new age design (WoD, Legion, BfA) so not hyped as i expected.
    Tho i still see that they are holding off some Logical changes like 1H Dual Wielding for Survival Hunters and Fury Warriors in addition to Warrior Stances? Huh.. /cry
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-04-07 at 11:54 PM.

I don't even understand why they cling to this old talent system. Ad far as I know its been the same since since cataclysm with no improvements even to the ui since then.

Not happy they make Glimmer a talent for Holy Paladin. I am so fed up with that play style now and was hoping for going back to old skool paladin healing in Shadowlands.