Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    People keep saying that, yet every single one of them don't actually name one of those supposedly existing heroes her kit would even remotely fit. Wanna give it a try?
    Anyone with a spear or whip - Huln Highmountain feels best to me.
    Also, the kits don't even need to really fit a character's prior representations. See : Garrosh.

Tassadar is pretty much a new hero now.
    Yes. I can't think of any reworks where they completely removed spells from the base kit. It's wild.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-04-07 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The game is getting basically no content anymore and they spend their timing creating more shitty nexus heroes. Whoever is left on that team has no idea what they're doing.
    Personally I'd rather have them create more nexus heroes instead of destroying the looks and abilities of heroes from the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Also, the kits don't even need to really fit a character's prior representations. See : Garrosh.

Yes. I can't think of any reworks where they completely removed spells from the base kit. It's wild.
    Qhira's kit is very whip centric so I don't think Huln would work(he felt like more of a warrior than an Assassin to me), and when I think of whip characters in other Blizz games I think of... literally no one, if you can think of someone, their probably not very notable, but I have yet to find one in my research

Her kit doesn't even slightly, remotely, even the TINIEST bit fit Huln in any way, shape, or form. Good try, I guess.

And...if you want existing heroes, why the flying fuck would you want representations of them that have nothing in common with their fantasy? If your dream was to always have Diablo fight Thrall or whatever, why on earth would you be happy with a Thrall who teleports and fires disintegration beams and otherwise has nothing in common with the actual Thrall character?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I never understood this "nexus heroes" bullshit. They're already wasting people's time and patience with overwatch heroes when there's so many more SC, WC and Diablo heroes being asked for, now this. No wonder this game went to shit.
    They still view Overwatch as a new or growing game while WoW is in player decline.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

when will they add tirion to the game. that is literally all i care about

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Qhira's kit is very whip centric so I don't think Huln would work(he felt like more of a warrior than an Assassin to me), and when I think of whip characters in other Blizz games I think of... literally no one, if you can think of someone, their probably not very notable, but I have yet to find one in my research

EXCUSE ME, HARRISON FORD, err I MEAN JONES!?

But seriously, I love Qhira.

People keep saying that, yet every single one of them don't actually name one of those supposedly existing heroes her kit would even remotely fit. Wanna give it a try?
    Kargath, Reno Jackson, Garona, Male Barbarian, Diablo 2 Assassin. Harrison Jones or Huln could have worked too.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Nothing to do with her tool kit. That's something that could have been very easy to put on an established hero, which is the problem. She's a literal nobody they put in a game for Blizzard characters which has hundreds of options to choose from.
    Which established heroes would work with her exact toolkit?
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Which established heroes would work with her exact toolkit?
    I answered that in the post above you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I answered that in the post above you.
    Are Kargath's arms throwable? Like on a chain? If they are i could see that working. But would it have fit him to be swinging around like that?
    I don't really think Reno is a known character. No chain sword either.
    Same for the rest actually. None of them have a sword like hers. If it's turned into a whip, why does it apply a dot? Why can they cause the dot to explode? How would Q be explained for a lot of them?
    I'm a thread killer.

Her kit doesn't even slightly, remotely, even the TINIEST bit fit Huln in any way, shape, or form. Good try, I guess.
    I melee assassin who throws/hurls/uses their weapon to close gaps, exit quickly, and cause bleed damage isn't something a survival hunter would do?
    I meeaann, we all have opinions - you do you.

And...if you want existing heroes, why the flying fuck would you want representations of them that have nothing in common with their fantasy? If your dream was to always have Diablo fight Thrall or whatever, why on earth would you be happy with a Thrall who teleports and fires disintegration beams and otherwise has nothing in common with the actual Thrall character?
    See, it feels like that kit makes sense to me (see above) so there isn't much I can say about your analogy here.
    But what I will say is, yes, I want my heroes to behave like they have in their franchises/history.
    But! I never saw Garry throw someone beforehand, which made me disappointed with his kit. And Blizz did it anyways.
    Hell - since when does Greymane have a history of throwing alchemical cocktails...or even a relationship with chemistry? Sylvanas had never flown around as a banshee before BfA either, but was doing so in HotS since 2015. They've demonstrated time and again that they'll do whatever they want with a hero or a kit.
    Which is all to say : They could have made it work for an existing hero if they had wanted and have proven so in the past.
    This time though, they just really liked Black Panther.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-04-07 at 10:12 PM.

I melee assassin who throws/hurls/uses their weapon to close gaps, exit quickly, and cause bleed damage isn't something a survival hunter would do?
    That would still mean they would be creating a new character specifically for Heroes of the Storm. They'd just be loosely attaching that character to a Hunter build.

Kargath, Reno Jackson, Garona, Male Barbarian, Diablo 2 Assassin. Harrison Jones or Huln could have worked too.
    Not sure what Diablo games you were playing but her kit sure as fuck doesn't remotely fit D2 assassin, either D2 or D3 barbarian. Doesn't fit Kargath or Harrison at all either. Harrison carries a whip, but he certainly doesn't apply bleeds with it. Or steal health from enemies he has applied a bleed to. Or use it to send a bigass energy wave to kill low health targets. He also doesn't use it at pointblank range as a melee weapon. Not sure how you even put Garona in that mix, she's literally a stealth using rogue who wields daggers.

You're right that they have given heroes kits that have nothing in common with their fantasy before. There were a ton of people who fucking HATED what they did with Garrosh, myself included. We may as well not have fucking Garrosh in game they way they built him, sure, his kit may work fine, but I certainly don't feel like I'm playing Garrosh when I use him.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2020-04-08 at 01:45 PM.