Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    #NoChanges
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    There would be ways around the 0 gold still. Buy/farm a bunch of BoEs that vendor decently, make sure they’re soul bound, and vendor after copy.

This does prevent players helping each other dupe items/gold, though.

I don’t know how I’d figure an estimated benefit to this method, but it’s greater than 0.
    Yeah of course you could do that, but at least in that case you're spending gold in 60-Classic to get more in TBC. It's also a very limited (compared to what some people have) amount of gold you could bring that way. What's the highest (non-unique) vendor priced item?

Might of Menethil is 32g, MAXIMUM storage space is 28+16+18*11 = 240 slots, or a maximum gold amount of around 7k.

I personally don't mind that being a thing, but if Blizzard thought that was problematic, I'm sure they could set the vendor price of any transferred item to 1c. Problem gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    It's not, though? You'd only be bringing over whatever gold your character had. It'd be a one time transfer.
    Are you suggesting a copy or a transfer those are two completely separate things

Back in the day, our 60s were ready for TBC. Why should it be any different now?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yeah of course you could do that, but at least in that case you're spending gold in 60-Classic to get more in TBC. It's also a very limited (compared to what some people have) amount of gold you could bring that way. What's the highest (non-unique) vendor priced item?

Might of Menethil is 32g, MAXIMUM storage space is 28+16+18*11 = 240 slots, or a maximum gold amount of around 7k.

I personally don't mind that being a thing, but if Blizzard thought that was problematic, I'm sure they could set the vendor price of any transferred item to 1c. Problem gone.
    I don’t think you understand. You can send this money over infinitely. Let’s say you have 10 friends. You all scrap up 500g in vendor items. Send the 5k gold to one friend, he copies, now send all that money to another, he copies, now send it to another, etc etc. And if you all had an alt as well this would be like 10k gold PER PERSON. Christ get a 40 man guild to do this? That could be like 40k per person just for getting 500g

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I don’t think you understand. You can send this money over infinitely. Let’s say you have 10 friends. You all scrap up 500g in vendor items. Send the 5k gold to one friend, he copies, now send all that money to another, he copies, now send it to another, etc etc. And if you all had an alt as well this would be like 10k gold PER PERSON. Christ get a 40 man guild to do this? That could be like 40k per person just for getting 500g
    No, I do understand, read the conversation to get context, we're talking about a situation where 0g is the gold limit and only soulbound items are brought along.

I honestly think they should just do it as it was add TBC everyone keeps going , gold would be an issue but you know what that happens

Open up a fresh Classic server if you want to continue classic sweet but you've had long enough time to start again would just be 1 server would start again with a fresh strong classic community

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    No, I do understand, read the conversation to get context, we're talking about a situation where 0g is the gold limit.
    Yes and he is saying you just buy vendor trash and sell it once you’re on tbc. You get valuable vendor trash and just dupe it endlessly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

Achievement/title from Vanilla character could be carried over?
    But Vanilla doesn’t have achievements, unsure about titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's gonna happen:

You will be given the option at any time to one-way transfer to BC Classic. Your Vanilla Classic character will cease to exist on Vanilla Classic and will be Burning Crusade Classic.

This is in line with how it actually was. When BC dropped we went in with everything we had intact.

People talking copies and ruining the economy are just being silly. Won't happen.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    Back in the day, our 60s were ready for TBC. Why should it be any different now?
    Because bAcK iN tHe DaY 100% of players didn't know BC was coming two years in advance with complete foreknowledge of exactly what was in the entire expansion through 2.4 including all the gold costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Yes and he is saying you just buy vendor trash and sell it once you’re on tbc. You get valuable vendor trash and just dupe it endlessly.
    At 1c per item? Be my guest. I'd make more money grinding boars.

Not to mention that there would obviously be a cap of one copy per character. I didn't mention that because that's one of the first points to come to mind and would be obvious for things like these.

if you let ppl make 58s hellfire peninsula will be a congested cluster fuck, worst than it was the first time as ppl make multiple alts and compound the problem even more. you should either already have a 58-60 or you need to start levelling one now, the only thing that keeps the congestion low-ish is that there will likely be a limit to how many ppl need to go through it. with characters that start at 58 that first zone could be screwed for weeks. its mostly likely going to be shit anyway, which is why wrath had 2 starting zones even with respawns turned up to 11, but yeah. characters starting at 58 is not a good idea. there should be some time to level palas and shamans before the gate opens that would be fairer on those who reroll and aren't 61 while everyone is running karazhan. this is the point where if you want to play in tbc you need to lvl a char. they could have a grace period where the game is on 2.0 talents but have some weeks before the portal opens then, hopefully that is as fair as it can be.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-04-08 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Many of us who enjoy Vanilla would like to have Vanilla servers active and full. By not allowing character copy/move and TBC must be played with a fresh level 58, many good things happen with no 'real' downside at all. First, Vanilla character will remain with all its mounts/achievements, waiting for you whenever you want. Next, TBC started on an equal footing for all -no AH cornering.

TBC can now be enjoyed by all players old and young, new and those who loved it in the past equally.

Achievement/title from Vanilla character could be carried over?
    No, that sounds horrible and for no real reason. I want to keep my character progression and not do it all over again, zg rep for example which even in tbc has one of the best oils.
    This can be handled well by leaving the classic servers as they are and allow each character to only be copied only once to one tbc server and put a 1k gold cap per account.
    Like you can transfer a total of 1k gold to all tbc servers .. can be 1k to a single servers or 200g to 5 servers.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    if you let ppl make 58s hellfire peninsula will be a congested cluster fuck, worst than it was the first time as ppl make multiple alts and compound the problem even more. you should either already have a 58-60 or you need to start levelling one now, the only thing that keeps the congestion low-ish is that there will likely be a limit to how many ppl need to go through it. with characters that start at 58 that first zone could be screwed for weeks. its mostly likely going to be shit anyway, which is why wrath had 2 starting zones even with respawns turned up to 11, but yeah. characters starting at 58 is not a good idea. there should be some time to level palas and shamans before the gate opens that would be fairer on those who reroll and aren't 61 while everyone is running karazhan. this is the point where if you want to play in tbc you need to lvl a char. they could have a grace period where the game is on 2.0 talents but have some weeks before the portal opens then, hopefully that is as fair as it can be.
    Layering will save us all this time. We desperately need layering in all TBC realms for the first month, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Layering will save us all this time. We desperately need layering in all TBC realms for the first month, at the very least.
    Yeah when it comes time to tbc, if they do any option other than the level 1 start, people will have to stfu about layering because it is going to be needed.

Hellfire can not keep up with that many people. Especially if they are allowing more people in one server than normal like they did in classic

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    But Vanilla doesn’t have achievements, unsure about titles.
    It has pvp titles you can't change and later on... I want to say wrath? Could of been late tbc it had the scarab lord title added.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    It has pvp titles you can't change and later on... I want to say wrath? Could of been late tbc it had the scarab lord title added.
    I think Wrath was when they were added because there used to be a mount that dropped for the meta achievement in Wrath Naxx but then they removed it iirc

No, servers progress to tbc, a few optional vanilla servers created where you can choose to TRANSFER.

TBC >>>>> Vanilla anyway.

Think fresh 58 is the way to go. It's more accessible to people not playing classic already and puts everyone on an even playing field going in. Furthermore they can leave classic servers entirely alone, like the museum they were supposed to be.