Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't have a streaming setup. Even if I did, still no. I could turn on a stream and I'm sure I'd do fine, but I simply don't have the dedication to be on call for an audience.

Streamers have to log on almost everyday and entertain chat/themselves by playing games for hours straight as a time.

Compare that to what I do in my free time: I play when I want to for as long as I want to and there aren't any ramifications. I don't have to worry about putting time in for the sake of other people. I just do what I want. It's that freedom that lets me enjoy games as much as I do. The second I play games because I have to, it becomes a chore/job, which quickly sucks out the fun of the hobby.

If I was a streamer, I'd be horribly inconsistent. If I were to get a following and a subreddit dedicated to me, the subreddit would be filled to the brim with:

"When does he stream???"
    "We don't know"

"Why was his stream so short?"
    "He streams anywhere from 30 mins to half a day"

So even if I had the perfect personality for streaming, it just wouldn't work out.

I have both looks and charisma.

Probably would, I have the gift of gab and it is only worse when I am baked lmao.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    A former friend of mine said I should stream or make youtube videos because I had a ''Youtube/Streamer voice'', and I still don't know what that means.

I've never considered doing it as it doesn't appeal to me, nor do I feel like I do anything worth watching.

I streamed back in the wild west of streaming (I had some VODs on my channel from back in 2012 but I guess they're RIP now). It was alright but I prefer not to stream with facecam on so I didn't really get a whole lot of a following. I've been thinking about giving it another go sometime but I'm on garbage tier internet for the foreseeable future so I won't be doing it any time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post
    A former friend of mine said I should stream or make youtube videos because I had a ''Youtube/Streamer voice'', and I still don't know what that means.
    It's like being told you have a "face for radio." :P

Absolutely not. I think i have what it takes, gameplay wise, but sitting and talking to people while playing and keep them entertained. Nope, just nope

Good heavens no!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

No. I'm apalled by the way streaming works on a meta level of content presentation and I would constantly shit on people that throw money at me or that get off on having shitty little emotes play.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I can smoke weed on stream

I would probably not enjoy games anymore if they were a job tho, it already happened to me with WoW I can't imagine streaming it all the time and having no choice.

I dont have large breasts or a thicc booty and I dont like talking constantly for the sake of it, so no I wouldnt be a very good streamer.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by evajack View Post
    I have both looks and charisma.
    To quote the most legendary wow content creator of all time:

Charisma! CHARISMAHH!

- Athene, the best paladin in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's like being told you have a "face for radio." :P
    How rude.

Although I can personally agree with it. :P

I cant ramble on for hours and I don't have bewbs so I wouldn't be able to be a good streamer as cool of a job as it would be.

I've given the idea considerable thought. I have a stable day job, and so I could fund a youtube/streaming channel with good hardware, without having to rely on subs/patrons to keep me afloat.

However, this is something a lot of people don't really consider: Running a GOOD channel is a lot of work. It's a job. And even if it's a job you might enjoy more than a regular 9-to-5, it's not going to be the same as just relaxing and playing videogames for entertainment. And being good at playing games while also having the multitasking ability to interact with your viewers, and entertain THEM? That's a LOT harder than it seems.

But...would I be a good streamer? Probably not. I think my area would be more in producing youtube videos, where I could edit and arrange the content to be more presentable.

I don't have charisma, at least not the type to appeal to the average preteen stream viewer, and I'm not overly exceptional at the video games I play, ideally I would be both, so no. I'm also not a girl with large endowments so another no.

I could never ever understand the people who watch streamers instead of playing. I have never ever used twitch untill I couldn't update my wow addons needed twitch for auto update.

for all these years, the closest I watched some boss fights for wow hc-mythic for a few minutes onYOutube and I watched a 10 min twitch for doom eternal as I couldn't buy it immediately.
    and boy after watching that streamer and he had like 30k people viewing him, boy he sucked so bad I got irritated by his ineptitude and said fuck the budget and bought the game myself and started playing.

by no means I say I am pro. But if that kind of shit play gets 30k viewers I guess I am above average.

why don't you play the game yourself? I can understand if you are away from home, on a job etc but 30k people viewing that?
    i can understand watching documentaries, football games but never ever watching game streams. But I guess some people enjoy watching games like I enjoy watching football games.

I think I would do alright.
    I am the kinda person that would read every comment posted even during difficult gameplay.
    I feel like people might like that.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I could never ever understand the people who watch streamers instead of playing. I have never ever used twitch untill I couldn't update my wow addons needed twitch for auto update.

for all these years, the closest I watched some boss fights for wow hc-mythic for a few minutes onYOutube and I watched a 10 min twitch for doom eternal as I couldn't buy it immediately.
    and boy after watching that streamer and he had like 30k people viewing him, boy he sucked so bad I got irritated by his ineptitude and said fuck the budget and bought the game myself and started playing.

by no means I say I am pro. But if that kind of shit play gets 30k viewers I guess I am above average.

why don't you play the game yourself? I can understand if you are away from home, on a job etc but 30k people viewing that?
    i can understand watching documentaries, football games but never ever watching game streams. But I guess some people enjoy watching games like I enjoy watching football games.
    It's entirely personality and appearance driven. Skill probably doesn't even make the top 5 of reasons for watching streamers. There is alot of psychology involved and it would lead too far, but you can pretty easily gleam that proficiency at the game itself is not even secondary to the experience. A large chunk is about the steamer being a faux-social contact.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

It's not always about charisma, I just don't have enough knowledge of WoW so not really.

No. I have a real job.