10+ Year Old Account
    Pointing at the WHO when your own "house" is not in order is a waste of time.

Ironically, cutting funding for such an organization by claiming they are under control of another nation is going to do exactly just that. What role the WHO has in its current form is something that can be tackled after this virus is under control, like most things from the US government this is merely a diversion to cover up their own short comings.

Yet to see any EU nation making a big deal out of it right now in the middle of a crisis, than again most EU nations are actually pre-occupied with dealing with the crisis and no holding pointless press conferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Finland just received a couple of million masks they bought from China. Surprise - the masks don't pass the standard requirements so they are full of shit.

How can the officials fuck thing like this up. They should test the equipment BEFORE it's shipped here. Fucking amateurs.
    China is making good money selling truckloads of overpriced (by a FACTOR of ten) low-quality protective gear to Europe. They know how Supply and Demand works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    In this case they are being used as scapegoats from governments.
    Well, yeah. I've acknowledged that in my first post about this topic.
    It was far more than that actually and travel restrictions only slow down the virus a little but it doesn't stop it by the time they are put in place the virus is most likely already there. The travel restrictions are so you won't get more cases.
    A non zero effect is better than none at all.
    What other measures did they say that the government can implement? It's very possible my memory is failing in that. There were guidelines for what people can do, but that's not really applicable to the government. Stuff like personal hygiene, stay at home when sick or what not are up to us to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland just received a couple of million masks they bought from China. Surprise - the masks don't pass the standard requirements so they are full of shit.

How can the officials fuck thing like this up. They should test the equipment BEFORE it's shipped here. Fucking amateurs.
    This is happening to every nation sadly enough. Plenty of scum around that are now abusing the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    You hit the nail on the head here with the UN, another useless money laundering scheme.
    The discussions held there are not useless, i suggest reading up on what it actually is, what actually happens there and what it has prevented in the past.

Your opinion is not uncommon, the idea is generally that people expect more from the UN the sad reality is that it is only as strong as the nations involved. It is also a democratic forum what means action happens through dialogue before it turns into actual physical action.

https://www.un.org/un70/en/content/70ways/index.html

The world is an unkind place but it would be even worse off without an organization like the UN.

WuHan lockdown is lifted today.
    China is the only safe country on Earth.
    It is also the only country to produce things.

Trump must be regretted to start the trade war with China.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

China certainly has quite a few people, but they have less than a quarter of the per capita manufacturing capacity that the United States has.

Also, "safe" in China is just

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, yeah. I've acknowledged that in my first post about this topic.
    A non zero effect is better than none at all.
    What other measures did they say that the government can implement? It's very possible my memory is failing in that. There were guidelines for what people can do, but that's not really applicable to the government. Stuff like personal hygiene, stay at home when sick or what not are up to us to do.
    It's online if you wish to look into it they are more stringent than the CDC. Again kind of irrelevant Trump is pushing this and he wanted to cut the WHO and CDC budget and he still does. It's the act of a pathetic loser who cannot take responsibility for his many failures when it came to handling this.

10+ Year Old Account

Meanwhile, in reality.

https://twitter.com/fiteray/status/1247843287697784833

First day the lockdown lifted and there are already videos of random people collapsing in the streets in Wuhan.

Only 55% of Americans think the government has done a poor job of preventing the spread of coronavirus.

I'm starting to think America is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    Only 55% of Americans think the government has done a poor job of preventing the spread of coronavirus.

That's an old poll think it's down to 42% not great and it took people dying by the thousands but don't give up all hope.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post

Trump's election wasn't a clear enough sign for you?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Fifth day of me staying home from work because I have a cough due to hay fever. Low-key headache behind my eyes every day, runny nose and a constant tickle in my throat. It's been sunny and warm the past week and today it's up to 24 degrees (low 70's if you use Fahrenheit), which means even MORE pollen in the air, which means I'm going to be coughing still.

I keep trying to get it under control so I can get back to work because I know they're hurting for personnel and ANY other year I would still be at work every day, but no luck thus far. Makes me feel guilty for staying home despite being more than healthy enough to work--even though I was TOLD to stay home rather than calling out myself.

Like the viruses coming from there?
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account

Did your country payed them? If no... DON'T.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Spectral Just run his post history in this thread. All he is doing is trying to jerk chains.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    the u.s. looks set to pass spain in number of dead soon. 14,210 v.s. 14,673 now.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-08 at 05:19 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account

There are protests in China right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Was it early on...
    Reports show that China known about the virus weeks before they made it world wide known.
    Those garbage subhumans at WHO deserve prison time. They spread China's lies and delay in critical info starting with even when they found out there was human to human transmission. Most governments looked up to WHO's info and planned their response based on that retarded "There is no need to close borders air traffic etc".

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    China is making good money selling truckloads of overpriced (by a FACTOR of ten) low-quality protective gear to Europe. They know how Supply and Demand works.
    Or you can just hand made your own face mask using cloth. They aren't medical grade, but an alternative option to these low-quality PPE. You know, if you just want to save a teeny bit of your hard-earned cash...
    Check out my drones guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Those garbage subhumans at WHO deserve prison time. They spread China's lies and delay in critical info starting with even when they found out there was human to human transmission. Most governments looked up to WHO's info and planned their response based on that retarded "There is no need to close borders air traffic etc".
    Yes, look at S. Korea that followed WHO's info.

Total disaster. /s