Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Exclamation **SPOILERS** The true enemy of the Shadowlands

Edit: Since some people can't understand that this is a theory I am now putting in big letters:
    THIS IS JUST A THEORY
    Definition of Theory - SPECULATION(definition - to THEORIZE)

Edit: This pic of MAWJailer is confirmed to be The Jailer.

So with the datamining started, there are models for the Jailer and the Arbiter. The Jailer is missing his heart or power core which the Arbiter is in possession of. I believe that the Arbiter is the usurper and that the Jailer or whatever his true name is, is the true ruler of the Shadowlands. Here is a pic of the Jailer. The Arbiter isn't up yet but I saw it on the wowhead stream and she definitely has his heart/power core. I'll update the post with a pic of her when she's up.

Last edited by literallysame; 2020-04-28 at 05:23 PM. Reason: just a theory bro. chill out varodoc.

Are you sure that is THE Jailer and not just some random NPC inside the Maw? Because the Jailer in the trailer had long hair and this guy is bald, so yeah.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Are you sure that is THE Jailer and not just some random NPC inside the Maw? Because the Jailer in the trailer had long hair and this guy is bald, so yeah.
    He's listed in the files as MAWJAILER and his model is enormous. So I think this is him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a freakin' badass model.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

The face is a bit dopey but it's a pretty cool model. Needs more chains though.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first release build of alpha, so there's a good chance models like his aren't finished yet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's a freakin' badass model.
    Agreed. All of the models so far have been superb.

If this turns into some lovers quarrel where he gave her his heart....

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The jailer is a Nathrezim? I don't know, I have a feeling this is probably like, one of his elite soldiers or guards, rather than the man himself.

Well in that case it will be interesting to see what the Arbiter having his "core" means and how that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    The jailer is a Nathrezim? I don't know, I have a feeling this is probably like, one of his elite soldiers or guards, rather than the man himself.
    Yeah, exactly. The Maw is a prison, so this could just be a random jailer NPC.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Well in that case it will be interesting to see the Arbiter model and if she has the Jailer "core" somewhere.
    She does indeed floating in her chest area. Just waiting for wowhead or mmo-champ to upload the model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    This model is listed as MAWJAILER and is enormous. Probably bigger than the N'zoth model.

3+ Year Old Account
    Did he shave? It looked like he had hair in his concept art
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    She does indeed floating in her chest area. Just waiting for wowhead or mmo-champ to upload the model.

- - - Updated - - -

This model is listed as MAWJAILER and is enormous. Probably bigger than the N'zoth model.
    If thats the case then I guess I am wrong, they are not making a random minion so big lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Did he shave? It looked like he had hair in his concept art
    I do hope they give him his beard back and it's just a fancy effect like Azshara's hair that doesn't come up in the datamining's first check. It was a unique touch.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn this model looks so good.

5+ Year Old Account
    Updated the post with the Arbiter. As you can see she has a black power orb in her chest, while the Jailer has an empty hole.

hmm...
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Maybe bearded Jailer from the concept art is from before whatever happened to him/it. Perhaps we see flashbacks etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That model may actually be for servants of the Jailer, whereas the Jailer looks older and with more ostentatious armor.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post

hmm...
    They could have gotten rid of the beard to show his empty hole where his heart/power core should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That model may actually be for servants of the Jailer, whereas the Jailer looks older and with more ostentatious armor.
    I really don't think they would make the minions of the Jailer the size of or bigger than the N'zoth model. When wowhead showed it on stream it was huge. I really believe this is the Jailer.