View Poll Results: Who's the greatest WWE Champion of all time?

Voters
127. This poll is closed
  • Bruno Sammartino

3 2.36%
  • Hulk Hogan

24 18.90%
  • Randy Savage

1 0.79%
  • The Undertaker

24 18.90%
  • Bret Hart

5 3.94%
  • Shawn Michaels

3 2.36%
  • Stone Cold Steve Austin

30 23.62%
  • The Rock

16 12.60%
  • Triple H

3 2.36%
  • Kurt Angle

2 1.57%
  • Chris Jericho

1 0.79%
  • Brock Lesnar

0 0%
  • Eddie Guerrero

1 0.79%
  • John Cena

5 3.94%
  • Edge

2 1.57%
  • CM Punk

2 1.57%
  • Daniel Bryan

0 0%
  • A.J Styles

0 0%
  • Kofi Kingston

0 0%
  • Other

5 3.94%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Considering how The Rock is the only wrestler to actually be successful as an actor while many, many others have tried and failed, being a good actor doesn't really have much to do with being a good pro wrestler.
    Erm yes it does... they aren't pro wrestlers they are paid actors and the fights are rigged, a real pro wrestler would be someone like Khabib from UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Dwayne Johnson the rock. Let's be honest, WWF/WWE is and always has been a performance and stage act. And in terms of who of all those listed has had the most successful career, Dwayne Johnson pretty much wins above all of them since he extended far beyond the arena in terms of popularity.

More people know who Dwayne Johnson is more then the rest. Maybe Hulk Hogan had that level of fame decades ago but he didn't leave as much of a lasting mark to be talked about today

Agreed with the Rock being the all around best Champ ever. And Hogan left us a lasting mark alright, just not a good one, since most people forget about his career and remember his call saying he didnt want his daughter dating a n****r

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Gary View Post
    Erm yes it does... they aren't pro wrestlers they are paid actors and the fights are rigged, a real pro wrestler would be someone like Khabib from UFC
    There is a reason the term mixed martial artist exists. Wrestling is a major part of that and some of the people who compete are wrestlers, but the term "pro wrestler" means something very specific. Google search either "professional wrestling" or "pro wrestling" and tell me how many of the results have anything to do with olympic wrestling or MMA.

Pro wrestlers are actors in the same way stunt men/women are actors. What they both do involves making it look like they are doing something that puts them in danger while actually being as safe as possible. Can you call that acting? Sure, but it isn't really correct and doesn't tell the whole story. Saying Steve Austin is the greatest pro wrestler of all time isn't anywhere close to saying he is the greatest actor of all time. Pro Wrestlers really do the basically the same thing as stunt-men and actors who when filming a fight scene for movies or TV except they do it all in one take in front of a live crowd.

I get it, you are not a pro wrestling fan and I know you are just nit picking and using semantics to downplay it as some kind of lesser or dumber form of UFC or whatever misconceptions like these are a part of the reason people don't seem to understand wrestling and look down upon it. If you like UFC, awesome! For me, it isn't the fighting and violence that I watch wrestling for so it being pre-determined doesn't matter. I watch it for the unique storytelling, athleticism, and fun over the top spectacle of the whole thing and knowing that when the night is done, the two people in the ring will go backstage, shake hands, and both be able walk away uninjured (assuming nothing goes wrong) is a big part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    .....holy shit. Somehow I never put 2 and 2 together on Andore being modeled after Andre the Giant, but I immediately knew which character you were talking about when you mentioned the connection between Andre and Final Fight.
    and the same is way Hugo from street fighter also modeled after him.
    I remember reading some old interviews about it somewhere but no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    and the same is way Hugo from street fighter also modeled after him.
    I remember reading some old interviews about it somewhere but no idea.
    They are the same character. Full name is Hugo Andore.

If we're talking specifically WWE/WWF/WWWF's main belt, then it'd be a close bet with Austin and Hogan, but probably Hogan on that one. If we're including other belts, then I'd have to say overall Ric Flair is the greatest title-holding champion. Between holding it for 16 times, having great wrestling skills, godlike promos, and the epitome of champion-style look with his wardrobes and gimmick, Ric Flair has to be number one.

They are the same character. Full name is Hugo Andore.
    sorry my wording there was terrible. yeah together with poison.

Easily, Brett Hart.

Although I did think Punk was a great champion when he had that long title reign.

In the ring no idea.
    But as in famous the rock and hulk hogan since they hit it main stream.

Since its not real, you cant really for sure say anything, there is no record holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    In the ring no idea.
    But as in famous the rock and hulk hogan since they hit it main stream.

Since its not real, you cant really for sure say anything, there is no record holder.
    The thread isn't about who's most famous. It's about who is the best WWE champion.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    The thread isn't about who's most famous. It's about who is the best WWE champion.
    ummm...

Considering how The Rock is the only wrestler to actually be successful as an actor while many, many others have tried and failed, being a good actor doesn't really have much to do with being a good pro wrestler.

err...

Dave Bautista has been a part of some huge franchises.. John Cena has had some marked success, especially in comedies/family movies. (playing with fire, daddys home, blockers etc)

Hell, 'Edge' has recently been in Vikings, and he even appeared as a bad guy in Flash at one point..

Don't get me wrong, The Rock is amazing.. but to claim he is the ONLY one to be successful is dead wrong
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    err...

Dave Bautista has been a part of some huge franchises.. John Cena has had some marked success, especially in comedies/family movies. (playing with fire, daddys home, blockers etc)

Hell, 'Edge' has recently been in Vikings, and he even appeared as a bad guy in Flash at one point..

Don't get me wrong, The Rock is amazing.. but to claim he is the ONLY one to be successful is dead wrong
    I guess it depends on how you measure success. I will say Bautista is fantastic in the MCU, but everything else he has done hasn't been great. Cena is just now starting to get major roles and time will tell how those do. Hogan got a bunch of big roles right out the gate as well and we all know how well his acting career went.

I will say I am a big fan of Adam Copeland / Edge. He was very good on Vikings and even did a solid job on a kinda crappy TV series called Haven. Out of the current bunch of wrestlers turned actors, he is the one I think has the most talent for it and I hope he gets more chances to show that.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with this thread. I was just pointing out that being a good actor and being a good pro wrestler are not really all that connected.

The champion of...what, playing on a mattress and following a script handed to them backstage?

For me as for greatest wwe champion all the time i would pick Ric flair or The undetaker Those were my favorite superstars.

Edge. No one has played a heel that was so easy to hate, yet you kinda loved him because of how far he always went.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    The champion of...what, playing on a mattress and following a script handed to them backstage?
    Seriously? That alone shows how ignorant you are to this topic. Have you seen a wrestling ring built from scratch? It's a hollow, solid light wood surface. It's nowhere near as soft as a mattress. If you were slammed back first onto it without tucking in your chin, you'd bleed out your nose and cry. Not to mention when they're taking slams outside the ring on the floor or the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Seriously? That alone shows how ignorant you are to this topic. Have you seen a wrestling ring built from scratch? It's a hollow, solid light wood surface. It's nowhere near as soft as a mattress. If you were slammed back first onto it without tucking in your chin, you'd bleed out your nose and cry. Not to mention when they're taking slams outside the ring on the floor or the ramp.
    https://youtu.be/lGkGXineII0?t=40

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    Edge. No one has played a heel that was so easy to hate, yet you kinda loved him because of how far he always went.
    Agreed, there have been some that came before for sure but Edge really teetered that line to perfection. Although pure heel has to be Vince.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Have you actually seen a ring constructed? Because I have and it is legit. Move on, you lose and are banned.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan