Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need a new comp fast

My pc just exploded so I'm in the need of a new gaming one quick. Not interested in building one atm so does anyone have any suggestions for a good Pc for around 2k$? What's the best company to buy from? Thanks for the help. Will mostly use it for gaming and having hundreds of YouTube/webpages pages open at a time and photoshopping. Also thinking of getting a new monitor as well so any suggestions on those would also be appreciated .
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-04-04 at 12:52 AM.

If you are buying a pc for 2k literally just go to any prebuilt sites. Cyberpower/Newegg/ibuypower

Obviously I wouldn’t recommend doing that as some prebuilts have some issues and cost more but if you are in a hurry and have 2k to spend then honestly you can’t go wrong.

Also, you need to look at components not really the place. Find a pc you like, look into the gpu and cpu you get and check out the reviews for those parts.

If you're dead set on going Pre-Built.

IMO, the 2 best Pre-Built Gaming PC ripoffSites would be Ibuypower and CyberpowerPC. Personally before I started making my own builds I wen't with CyberpowerPC for my first Gaming PC. After near 10 years the thing is still running strong .. tho it doesn't see gaming anymore, but still functions and can handle Facebook games.

If you need it FAST. Go to sites such as Newegg, Amazon, even Walmart/Target/Frys and buy a already assembled version. If you go to the site directly and pick and chose your parts, it can take upwards of a month (probably even later with COVID-19) to ship your custom build out. Personally I would buy a pre-assembled at Walmart. If you decide to change your mind on the PC in the first 30 days you can go in store and exchange it for a full refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letsbld.com

Its run by nzxt and probably has the best pcs for the money imo.

Not sure how fast they can put together a PC with the current pandemic though. You can also try Maingear
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-04-04 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    If you're dead set on going Pre-Built.

IMO, the 2 best Pre-Built Gaming PC ripoffSites would be Ibuypower and CyberpowerPC. Personally before I started making my own builds I wen't with CyberpowerPC for my first Gaming PC. After near 10 years the thing is still running strong .. tho it doesn't see gaming anymore, but still functions and can handle Facebook games.

If you need it FAST. Go to sites such as Newegg, Amazon, even Walmart/Target/Frys and buy a already assembled version. If you go to the site directly and pick and chose your parts, it can take upwards of a month (probably even later with COVID-19) to ship your custom build out. Personally I would buy a pre-assembled at Walmart. If you decide to change your mind on the PC in the first 30 days you can go in store and exchange it for a full refund.
    I had a Cyberpower PC as well a few years back. It was craaaaaazy powerful, absolutely chewed up any game I played and spit it out, but some components were really cheap/poorly made. For example the case fans were really cheap and the USB ports were loose/unreliable from day 1. Any kind of wired device (like my XB360 controller) would constantly disconnect/reconnect in Windows, even with me sitting absolutely still.

Was really happy with it otherwise.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Thanks for the replies guys, thinking of getting : https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/...ome-Special-II Any suggestions on what I should/shouldn't change on it? I assume I should probably do the more case fans options?

Not sure where you live, but ordering from these sites and getting your PC "quick" requires a premium. If you live near a Fry's, Micro Center, or even Best Buy now, you can walk in and buy all of the parts you need to build a new PC and have it available tonight.

Just buy one of those prebuilt from Amazon. Check on the price of the parts and make sure they tally well to be worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, thinking of getting : https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/...ome-Special-II Any suggestions on what I should/shouldn't change on it? I assume I should probably do the more case fans options?
    MAYBE mention where you are in the world, see if someone can build you one? It'll be cheaper, faster AND use better/more configurable parts.
    Suggestion only. I can appreciate you equally not being keen and being able to just buy one works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

If you are not in a rush ,the best approach is always to buy the parts yourself and then assemble them. Try to take your time doing research and get the most value for money parts that you want.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    MAYBE mention where you are in the world, see if someone can build you one? It'll be cheaper, faster AND use better/more configurable parts.
    Suggestion only. I can appreciate you equally not being keen and being able to just buy one works.
    I did build this last one I had its just that part of me worries that since I'm computer illiterate something I might have done slightly wrong could have led to to it failing earlier than a normal prebuilt computer.

Just another voice to the crowd, but I bought a cyberpower a few years back before I made my current computer and it was fantastic. If you stick with the default parts, then you might run into some generic stuff, but you can pay a little bit more for name brand components. You should be able to get a good rig for 2k assuming nothing has changed.

I did build this last one I had its just that part of me worries that since I'm computer illiterate something I might have done slightly wrong could have led to to it failing earlier than a normal prebuilt computer.
    Cheap PSU? It's the usual culprit. There's generally not toooo many places other things can go. PSU can still be a bit of a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right off that bat: Get another GPU. The included one is the blower-style 5700xt which overheats and runs at about 50 decibel at the low end, 60-65 on the high end (50 is quiet conversation, 60 is a normal conversation, 65 is like someone laughing).. Not degrees, decibel. Replacements would be the 2070 super if you don't want to take a performance hit, or 2060 super/5700 non-xt/5600xt if you don't mind the performance drop

Other than that, you could probably save some money going for a 3600 non-x if you just game

I'd probably also replace the PSU with the Corsair CX750M (mostly because I refuse to believe they're still selling the old shit version pictured compared to the new one which is actually good)

I'd probably also get more storage, but I'd likely get that 3rd party rather than from them, since I don't trust them to be cheap (I didn't look at the prices, sue me)
    Last edited by Temp name; 2020-04-08 at 09:44 AM.

My Cyberpower PC experience was less than pleasant. Let's just say I opened up my tower one day (this is years back) and you can see all the thermal paste oozing out of all sides of the heatsink on the CPU. It was not pretty. Never went back.

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    My Cyberpower PC experience was less than pleasant. Let's just say I opened up my tower one day (this is years back) and you can see all the thermal paste oozing out of all sides of the heatsink on the CPU. It was not pretty. Never went back.
    Hmm thanks I may have to rethink this then.

like Temp already said, if you dont want to build it yourself, and you have to have it right now, NZXT's BLD service is your best bet.

You pick the parts (from a limited selection of parts, mind, but they are all good reputable parts), and they charge MSRP for the parts + a 50$ build fee and a 50$ shipping fee. Thats it.

If you order early enough, they ship same day (though that may have changed temporarily because of the virus).

The build quality is excellent, the parts are all name-brand, reputable parts, and you get a one-stop warranty through NZXT instead of having to go through each part's manufacturer for warranty work - on top of not being gouged (you're literally paying MSRP + 100$).

Well worth it if you wont build yourself for whatever reason.

Hmm thanks I may have to rethink this then.
    No matter where you go, there will be issues that some people encounter. CyberpowerPC is no stranger there like every other company. Don't let a few bad reviews / experiences ruin that for you.

Definitely think this through, but it looked like you were set on getting this, and suddenly changing your mind off of 1 negative experience a user had.

If you do decide on this particular CypberpowerPC, take @Temp name advice on part swapping

Goodluck

Just my personal preference: once i had case like that with all the openings on the top. I hated it. Everything fall into them and it constantly looked dirty and disgusting, cleaning was a nightmare. But i keep my rig next to my desk, in open space, so maybe that's why.

Holy shit! That NZXT build service is quite awesome! Too bad they don't have micro atx towers though. I might consider this next time I upgrade.

Those NZXT motherboards look fantastic, but most reviews I've seen so far aren't very positive.

edit: itx -> atx
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2020-04-09 at 09:44 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side