Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if it were up to me I would have an elf faction! in any case the purple color for blood elves pleases me makes me think that some original highborne like the mother of lorash was still with us!
    If we are ever going to see highborne again, it would fit to make them purple high elves.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I know someone will lose their mind and call me a racist for saying this, but I think a blood elf with dark skin is just wrong. Blue eyes make it even worse. And I'm only considering this from a lore perspective.
    Nah, i completely agree with you. Customization options should fit the race from a lore perspective. A race that lives underground shouldn't have access to dark skin. A race that lives in the desert near the equator shouldn't have access to bright skin. Blood Elves also shouldn't have access to any eye color besides green and blue (and gold in the case of paladins). More options are good, but they need to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if it were up to me I would have an elf faction! in any case the purple color for blood elves pleases me makes me think that some original highborne like the mother of lorash was still with us!
    that's the image that came to mind, but the nigh telf is getting blond hair, isn't Darht'remar Iin that picture still a night elf?

Another reason is that maybe Night eles are getting blond hair because they are greatly in creasing the blood elf options. Unfortunately night elves to tend to be adjusted because othera re getting adjusted not because there is a motivation to adjust them. More like we want to give blood elves more options, but if we do, the night elves will complain they're giving htem everything so lets throw a token few the night elves way.

now this may be a bit unfair, but the ngiht elf treatment is pretty appalling g and always reactionary /secondary. We shouldn't be surprise some may think or even believe this to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

oh a nd I support an elven faction.. they are distinctive enough to be their own faction, and togehter have everything it takes.

Night elves
    nightborne
    Void Elves
    BLood elves
    San'layn
    Fel elves
    Cenarians
    Worgen
    Furbolgs
    Draenei

And if the Draenei were to be apart of another faction they fit better with the Elf faction than with human

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Alliance elves on suicide watch
    It was about time
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Delmorii View Post
    YESSS. Hoping we see scarring options and more facial hair options for them soon, too.

I doubt we get something like this, but I want to give my rogue the facial hair I've always drawn him with:
    This is really nice art, and yeah I’m hoping for good facial hair options too. Lor’themar (and Wrathion as he uses the belf model) proves it would look good.
    change can't wait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine demon hunters with facial hair!

Or is that the everything they sacreficed?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    that's the image that came to mind, but the nigh telf is getting blond hair, isn't Darht'remar Iin that picture still a night elf?

Another reason is that maybe Night eles are getting blond hair because they are greatly in creasing the blood elf options. Unfortunately night elves to tend to be adjusted because othera re getting adjusted not because there is a motivation to adjust them. More like we want to give blood elves more options, but if we do, the night elves will complain they're giving htem everything so lets throw a token few the night elves way.

now this may be a bit unfair, but the ngiht elf treatment is pretty appalling g and always reactionary /secondary. We shouldn't be surprise some may think or even believe this to be true.

- - - Updated - - -

oh a nd I support an elven faction.. they are distinctive enough to be their own faction, and togehter have everything it takes.

Night elves
    nightborne
    Void Elves
    BLood elves
    San'layn
    Fel elves
    Cenarians
    Worgen
    Furbolgs
    Draenei

And if the Draenei were to be apart of another faction they fit better with the Elf faction than with human
    if I remember correctly Darht'remar always had blondish hair

Well spotted. Sometimes we don't think we're being racist, but we actually are, and there are other ways to tell even if someone directly says they don't mean it that way, but they actually do. They may not want it to, but they actually do
    I don't think it's racist (even though the guy who originally brought it up phrased it in a really unfavourable way) to point out that a certain fantasy race that was very fair skinned in every previous canonical depiction looks weird when that's no longer the case. That being said, it could always be e.g. a Half Elf who had one human parent that was darker skinned so it's not really that big of a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Didn't the original exile highborne get paler and paler over time though becoming high elves
    This is what the Sunwell manga implied at least but I don't think it's explicitly stated anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Yeah, what a lore atrocity that elves living in a place where the sun never sets have darker skin.
    They have eternal spring, not eternal daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Remember, this isn't confirmed, the only inference we have is by how file locations relate to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    As far as blue eyes go, I wouldn't start cheering until you see them in character creation. Blue eyed blood elves are a very controversial topic, and one blizzard probably won't touch.
    Yes, I shouldn't gotten carried away, just I never liked the green eyes when I played a blood elf. Even if BE don't get blue eyes, there seem to be other color possibilities, like the violet and red possibly(I love both those options too). I wonder what orcs are getting?

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Sun sets in Quel'thalas. They have nights.
    Nevertheless, it isn’t a bad thing that belves are getting dark skin.
    change can't wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad troll, bad troll !!
    Well I mean . . . you guys pretty much ARE trolls who just bathed in the moonwell for long enough to grow a few extra fingers.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    The manga yeah, and the fact that Blood elves weren't introduced with anything but pale skin.

It would have to be a super secret group of purple blood elves OR they'd have to retcon characters' appearances to make this not headcannon
    It’s not headcanon if the people creating the canon make it so.
    change can't wait.

Any news on Blue eyes for Belves?

Gimme my blue eyes.. ! Now!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    In BFA we are told 1 sole Dark Troll exists (they tell us that themselves). In SL we will be able to make numerous Dark Trolls. Ergo previous in-universe lore is swept aside.
    It's quite possible the "Dark Troll" skin is meant to be Shatterspear Trolls, who are Jungle Trolls allied with the Horde who have darker fur/skin that is quite reminiscent of the Dark Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Nevertheless, it isn’t a bad thing that belves are getting dark skin.
    For me, it's not so much BElves getting dark skin is in itself an issue, it's the idea of it being added as a "Yeah, BElves living here have always had these varities of skin-tone" getting shoe-horned in. In-game ethnity reminiscent of real life makes sense for a few of the WoW races who are established to be wide-spread around Azeroth, such as darker skinned humans coming from Stranglethorn and Tenaris, they've been in the lore for some time, even Asian background human NPCs exist.

It isn't necessarily an issue of racism(albeit for some it will be), it's an issue of things being added with little lore behind it, similar to how a lot of people dislike the sudden inclusion of Void Elves coming out of nowhere and a difference of opinion on where we draw the line for inclusions sake. Do Night Elves, Nightborne, Goblins, Orcs and Trolls also need skin tones that resemble in real life ethnicities?
    Last edited by Kufell; 2020-04-09 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Not looking forward to being asked if I like chocolate next time I’m afk in Silvermoon. But at least my hair will actually be black.

The skin looks kinda like one of the dh ones, guess I’ll pretend the fel taint from the tapwater did it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Not looking forward to being asked if I like chocolate next time I’m afk in Silvermoon. But at least my hair will actually be black.

The skin looks kinda like one of the dh ones, guess I’ll pretend the fel taint from the tapwater did it or something.
    This is top kek.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    Shouldn't make it political.
    it's more of a civic issue than political
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Any news on Blue eyes for Belves?

Gimme my blue eyes.. ! Now!!

aparently those are the new blood elves eye colors, according to this twiter: https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...43852856176641

it could be for other race, but seems like blood elf eye in general

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Von Vitzthum View Post

aparently those are the new blood elves eye colors, according to this twiter: https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...43852856176641

it could be for other race, but seems like blood elf eye in general
    Red eyes? I want to be able to create a Dark Ranger option as a Blood Elf
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that the blood elf models already have blue and red eye options used for high elf and undead NPCs, just because they're in the files doesn't mean they'll be accessible to players.

Purple-eyed elves first appeared in the Warcraft movie and later with Kirin Tor elves in Hearthstone. It wouldn't surprise me to see it added as an option.