Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    he has every right to think hes entitled to an invite,why wouldnt he ? clearly a loyal customer and player to blizz.more so than most of these streamers who dont even play wow untill alphas come around.ive played since day one and dont care if i get invite or not but that shouldnt stop others feeling like they deserve some reward once in a while.
    yeah lets get feedback from the people that sub no matter what instead of the people blizz need to win back

7+ Year Old Account
    No invite here but it’s the first wave so I wasn’t expecting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    yeah lets get feedback from the people that sub no matter what instead of the people blizz need to win back
    Then they probably should have said that instead of saying they would be including people who have long-standing active accounts.

any eu people got invites? am kinda hoping the invites are not done yet

i usually get in 2nd wave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    I have a big big /played during BFA too, dunno if it counts.
    I never expect to get into beta anyway, let alone alpha. I actually got invited to the BfA beta though, and not even in the last wave! That was a first for me
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Why do you think that this entitles you to alpha access? Shut up.
    Because those players are essentially the bread and butter for Blizzard. At this point in time they rely on keeping their existing customers more than they rely on bringing new customers in. You need to keep the player base loyal and you do that by rewards or incentives.

Granted having a balance between invites going out to new, current and returning is a fine thing. But absolutely long standing customers should get priority.

Myself, I'm not that fussed about Alpha and Beta testing, I despise the idea of leveling a toon for it to be deleted a short time later. I couldn't do it each time, so kudos to those who do. That being said, I have opted into every one was an option to and have been subbed since TBC launch. I never ever once got an alpha or beta invite.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Blizzard are lying bastards who only care about money...I don't believe a thing those evil leeches say
    A company that only cares about money. This is new and interesting information, do go on.
    I'm a thread killer.

I didn't get one, what a scam

gonna refund pre order if it's not coming in 24h

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Where from that sentence does it say all long time WoW players?

Imo casuals shouldn't get invites. It really should just be people that are high rated in arena or push mythic content, because the alpha is there for things to be tested.
    If the alpha contained only high rated arena and mythic content, your post would make perfect sense. Since Blizzard is testing all parts of the expansion, it needs all types of players. Trust me, I've been playing since 2006 and I can tell if a quest or regular dungeon isn't working correctly
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Didnt get any inv as well despite the fact im a statue of tribute holder ( basically less than 2400 ppl in the world have it ), and they gave me alpha last 3 expansions. Unless they gave US priority on first wave invs. Dunno how their inv for alpha system works anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't check for a few hours. I was 1st or 2nd alpha for BfA, and I've been in all betas since Cata save WoD, but we'll see.

Subscriber since the day the game released; I have the statue. No invite. But I know they keep things pretty limited on the initial wave. I'll hope I get an invite to a subsequent wave - I'm one of those weirdos that really enjoys beta testing and I don't just play the beta to preview my own characters. Looking forward to hearing what folks think who did get in!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    Have any invites for the Alpha actually gone out yet? Ion mentioned in his blog that the first wave would go out to long time players; I've been playing since April 2005 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    By long time players he means "People who stream and get lots of viewers even if they don't do anything useful for testing".

Between me and my roommates we have accounts that have been subbed nonstop since Classic, another off and on from Classic and one that started in TBC and none got in. Not really sure they mean "long time players".

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    Invites have gone out for the first wave it looks like.

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?

But I bet if you started to stream and get 100 constant viewers you'll be guaranteed a key lol.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    If the alpha contained only high rated arena and mythic content, your post would make perfect sense. Since Blizzard is testing all parts of the expansion, it needs all types of players. Trust me, I've been playing since 2006 and I can tell if a quest or regular dungeon isn't working correctly
    Yeah, there needs to be a wide demographic testing content, otherwise you can easily get elite/expert confirmation bias if you only rely on those voices. Vocal minority does not equate what the major demographics of WoW really want or consider fun. While one could make the argument that the beta is a better forum for those people, there may be some major aspects that cannot change readily (or at all) by the time you get to that point.

Anyways, subbed since early vanilla, tested and submitted bugs/feedback extensively in alpha/beta/PTR environments with WoW over the years, still didn't get an alpha invite. Although after the last couple of PTR's, I've kind of been disillusioned to some degree testing WoW products/patches as many issues/complaints/bugs in BfA I had written reports and feedback about long before they went live... and they still went live, and Blizz does the "omg we didn't know, why didn't anyone tell else???" reaction. My only consolation is that they may have put all the staff on SL, which explains the issues I've had testing... but doesn't excuse it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    By long time players he means "People who stream and get lots of viewers even if they don't do anything useful for testing".

Between me and my roommates we have accounts that have been subbed nonstop since Classic, another off and on from Classic and one that started in TBC and none got in. Not really sure they mean "long time players".

But I bet if you started to stream and get 100 constant viewers you'll be guaranteed a key lol.
    Sadly, that's probably true, especially after the public view of BfA. Blizz needs SL to succeed, and they'll try to get as much positive publicity as possible via streamers. I had a hunch with the alpha announcement that they'd probably give most of the streamer keys to sympathetic people or those who can spin anything in a positive light. We'll see if that's true or not, the real question is will people be able to tell the difference between legitimate interest or pandering.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Invites have gone out for the first wave it looks like.

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?
    It will come, have 2 accounts here since releasedate that have never been unsubbed and have been in every beta since wrath. It will come dont worry, just spacing it out over a few days hours so everyone doesnt get online at once.

Fully expect to be in it in less than a week. unless errors and problems with the alpha is forcing them to slow it down by a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

Classic only released less than a year ago, not much of a bar...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Got one.

Will test hunters/warlocks first. Let me know if you have any specific questions you'd like me to check out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Yeah, there needs to be a wide demographic testing content, otherwise you can easily get elite/expert confirmation bias if you only rely on those voices. Vocal minority does not equate what the major demographics of WoW really want or consider fun. While one could make the argument that the beta is a better forum for those people, there may be some major aspects that cannot change readily (or at all) by the time you get to that point.

Anyways, subbed since early vanilla, tested and submitted bugs/feedback extensively in alpha/beta/PTR environments with WoW over the years, still didn't get an alpha invite. Although after the last couple of PTR's, I've kind of been disillusioned to some degree testing WoW products/patches as many issues/complaints/bugs in BfA I had written reports and feedback about long before they went live... and they still went live, and Blizz does the "omg we didn't know, why didn't anyone tell else???" reaction. My only consolation is that they may have put all the staff on SL, which explains the issues I've had testing... but doesn't excuse it either.
    Sometime I wonder if they don't devote time to certain bugs on purpose, like if they aren't gamebreaking, for example. There was a bug where you could walk in the area above the Zocalo and while in the hallway see the flora below if you were facing a specific direction; turn around and the hallway was back. When it went live it happened again, and I reported it again, but I hadn't gone back to test it after that.

When I've encountered bugs where quests could not be completed (anyone who has tested has ran into this dozens of times) or needed an elaborate workaround, they were almost always corrected on live. At least to my memory. Good luck getting in!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Classic only released less than a year ago, not much of a bar...
    ....except the actual Classic existed back in 2004. I mean is it really that hard to figure out especially when the following comment mentioned TBC.

Apparently this dude didn't get one with a day-one sub. Long time players my ass. Invite more tiddy streamers and furries!!!