Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadowlands Alpha - Realms Live, Development Update Notes

Shadowlands Alpha - Realms Live
    Invites have gone out and realms are live! Restart your Battle.net client to see if you were invited.

Shadowlands Development Update Notes -- April 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    UPDATED APRIL 9, 10:00 a.m. PDT

Welcome to the World of Warcraft: Shadowlands test environment. Please read on for an outline of what’s currently being tested, what has recently changed, and what’s coming for testing later in the Alpha.

Read the first developer update here.

Current Content Testing
    • The world and leveling content being tested is: Bastion. Check out our preview of the Kyrian Covenant.
      • Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this zone in the Shadowlands Alpha Leveling, Questing, and World forum.
      • Please post Kyrian Covenant feedback in this dedicated thread in the Shadowlands Classes and Covenants forum.
    • The level cap is currently: 53. You cannot level a test character higher than this at this time.
    • The dungeon being tested is: The Necrotic Wake. Please use the in-game bug report tool for bugs, and post your feedback on this dungeon in the Shadowlands Alpha Dungeons and Raids forum.
    • The new starting experience is now available to level 1 Alliance characters. Read more about it here, and please post feedback on the new starting experience here.

Class Changes
    • All classes are undergoing major updates. Please read the class summary blog post, and place your focused feedback in one of the dedicated threads in the Shadowlands Alpha Classes and Covenants forum:

Work in Progress
    We’re currently working through the following issues and limitations:
    • Allied Races are not available for character creation.
    • The new starting experience can only be tested by level 1 Alliance characters.

Coming Soon
    We’re unlocking much more content for testing over the next few weeks:
    • Torghast, Tower of the Damned
    • Initial Character Creation/Customization Updates
    • Revendreth (Zone and Covenant)
    • Halls of Atonement (Dungeon)
    • Oribos (Capital)

Coming in Later Updates
    • Ardenweald (Zone and Covenant)
    • Maldraxxus (Zone and Covenant)
    • Mists of Tirna Scithe (Dungeon)
    • Plaguefall (Dungeon)
    • More Character Creation/Customization Updates

Please note that the above is not a comprehensive list of features to be tested in the entirety of the Shadowlands Alpha.

Thank you very much!

And of course it's streamers there get to play it first..... AGAIN.... getting sick of that

Quote Originally Posted by Mixzed View Post
    And of course it's streamers there get to play it first..... AGAIN.... getting sick of that
    Welcome to LITERALLY EVERY GAME IN DEVELOPMENT THAT HAS ALPHA / BETA. It's just like Social Media influencers copy. They also get invited to the good stuff before anyone else. It will never ever change. Deal with it! (i don't defend streamers. I just talk from common sense in the past idk how many years. When it comes to marketing and when a video game is under development)

I can understand the frustration, but little Tommy who only does World Quests and LFR doesn't need to be in the alpha. People who play the important content need to be in the alpha.

Free advertising... such a difficult concept to grasp ain't it?

And long time players with consistent subscription are more likely to leave feedback and report bugs, and not treat it like a game to play for the sake of playing... never doing any of that, and then be the first to bitch about there nothing to do soon after official release because they had their fill off the Alpha/Beta that so many do...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-04-09 at 07:25 PM.

" Free advertising... such a difficult concept to grasp ain't it? "
    Nah it's not " a difficult concept to grasp "
    But yet they want old/new players to stay aswell, but they really dont " care " about us. But ya what can u do. Blizzard's special Snowflakes.....

Also, let's be real: even if a top raider who knows every game mechanic out there got into the Alpha, if he's just playing his own single-player experience in the world, nothing is forcing him to bug report. He could encounter fifty bugs, do nothing about it, and power down the game. The end. No one finds out anything about them.

At least on Twitch you have archived videos where tens of thousands of eyeballs are watching, including Blizzard devs who could go back to watch. Even if you make zero bug reports, all those people on Twitter could be posting about the bugs they saw in your video. Compilations will be made. There's at least SOME accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I can understand the frustration, but little Tommy who only does World Quests and LFR doesn't need to be in the alpha. People who play the important content need to be in the alpha.
    U sound man here lmfao i do world quests and lfr and i still got invited! feels good man!

Every part of the game needs to be tested, so its all important. Neither of these chucklefucks they have on the front page of this do anything more in the game than i do.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

The stuff out IS just world quest and leveling, what Little Tommy does 100% in wow lol

Didn't they say they were prioritizing long term subs? Anyone else that's been non stop subbed since like 2006 that didn't get invited?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Didn't they say they were prioritizing long term subs? Anyone else that's been non stop subbed since like 2006 that didn't get invited?
    Most people probably, since the invites comes out in waves.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Every part of the game needs to be tested, so its all important. Neither of these chucklefucks they have on the front page of this do anything more in the game than i do.
    I mean what they bring is a larger audience. You'll likely make the cut

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Yes, in fact, instead of inviting long term players to the Alpha, Blizzard is instead sending all customers who've been subscribed for 15 years or longer an e-mail that reads, in plain English:

"Fuck you from the bottom of our cold, dead heart.

Love,
    J Allen Brack
    'You think you want Alpha access, but you don't!'"

7+ Year Old Account
    #nobetainviteclub

Loyal sub since Burning Crusade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And long time players with consistent subscription are more likely to leave feedback and report bugs, and not treat it like a game to play for the sake of playing... never doing any of that, and then be the first to bitch about there nothing to do soon after official release because they had their fill off the Alpha/Beta that so many do...
    Every part should be tested since the audience of WoW is varied. Streamers also are not great testers, or players, automatically and can often have biased or reactionary views that can do more harm if it creates an echo chamber among their followers. Of course they would still be invited because that is the way of the world now for advertising. But don't put any more importance on their play style versus that of others.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    If most streamers advertise the Shadowlands Alpha stream as "let's play new content" you know they invited the wrong people.
    If they all reported at least 1 bug I would be shocked.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    If most streamers advertise the Shadowlands Alpha stream as "let's play new content" you know they invited the wrong people.
    If they all reported at least 1 bug I would be shocked.
    Send Blizzard a carefully worded letter letting them know that you deserve Alpha access because you will be using it for the express purpose of finding and reporting bugs. Make sure to use phrases like, "long term fan" and "detail oriented approach." Perhaps attach your CV just to be on the safe side.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 year player, doesn't get in first round of Alpha.

What do you mean I'm supposed to be complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    15 year player, doesn't get in first round of Alpha.

What do you mean I'm supposed to be complaining?
    Print out your receipts and bring them to the customer service desk. Have you tried asking to speak with Blizzard's manager?