Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd like to see tier sets and masterlooting back but if we get the shadowlands changes as they are right now i can wait for the expansion after shadowlands to get tier sets and masterloot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to be an absolute tragedy of an expansion. As I said in the news post about the interview:

That "loot is loot" thing is going to bite them in the ass the same way that pruning legendaries did, the same way that Azerite instead of Artifacts did, the same way that gutting LFR in WoD did, etc. We'll see a massive sub drop after one quarter and an investor call about "casual engagement" being down, and why aren't people running content. (Hint: Because you listened to players at the top like me and fucked over everyone else. That never works well.) Incoming one of the worst expansions following one of the blandest expansions. This company needs a lot more oversight because it never ever ever learns.
    From my perspective as a Mythic raider this will be just like WOD where I have zero incentive to login outside of my weekly raid.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

5+ Year Old Account
    I like this loot be loot.

I mostly play casually and don’t raid or do mythic dungeons like I used.

So it always felt weird getting weapons and armor at normal/ or close to heroic ilvl with out doing that difficult content.

It was sorta like playing with some cheats on. Sure it
    Make world quests easier to plow through but I didn’t have the satisfaction of earning it with difficult content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    That sounds... good.

But... I can hear the LFR, world quest and pet battle crowd moaning already. So, looking forward to getting slot machine loot back within like 6 months of the expansion.
    Why, I do all of those things and am happy with this. I used to raid fairly hardcore for quite some time, and decided I needed a break, If I want top tier gear i will start raiding again.

Only thing I want them to change is the ending the story missions in fucking mythic dungeons its shitty for people who have spent the last 9/10 parts of the story in single player content to sudden have to do a dungeon, let a long what at the beginning of the expansion is the actual hard mode of a dungeon making both them and the people who want to do that content annoyed when they struggle.

This interview was surprisingly really damn good. Expansion is looking great so far if they actually manage to have covenants balanced

Well this is good to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    The best part though will be when people jump into SL's and run LFR and get absolutely DESTROYED by super AF casual Mythicc raiders because LFR gear is total SHITE compared to the ilvl of Mythicc - then come back on the forums and cry a river because they can't stand up to mythicc like they can in todays RNG world..

My smile will be big when this happens

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I liked WF/TF. Don't understand why people feel the need to farm for the absolute best possible rolls, no matter how low the chance, only to get burnt out, and then bitch and moan how awfully grindy it all is. I agree that Corruption went a bit too far, but largely because how stupidly powerful they are.

Blizzard couldn't predict how stuck people were on the BiS hunt of old, where WF/TF just doesn't work well with that mindset, but try and try they will anyway.

But no, we are now then going to have an expansion possibly without any of it, and where people will instead whine when there is nothing to do because their gear is already the best possible available at the moment.

In short, stop hitting yourself for being obsessed.

That got quite ranty, but I felt the need to get that off my chest.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-04-09 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I hope they stick with it. I would be glad to see that aspect of the game gone.
    You mean the return of complaints that there's no way to advance your character outside of raiding, or now also high keys, like we had in WoD? Well, I guess the raid loggers will be happy.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You mean the return of complaints that there's no way to advance your character outside of raiding, or now also high keys, like we had in WoD? Well, I guess the raid loggers will be happy.
    I mean yeah... that is exactly what I want. You shouldn't advance your character in easy content. No great story should end with "and then we got ten stacks of determination"

Go on out there. Meet some people. Get some repair bills and climb that difficulty ladder.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'll be a raid logger with this system. No incentive to do content outside of logging in for my weekly raid and logging out, and tbh I'm not happy about it. It's like they never learn from past mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean yeah... that is exactly what I want. You shouldn't advance your character in easy content. No great story should end with "and then we got ten stacks of determination"

Go on out there. Meet some people. Get some repair bills and climb that difficulty ladder.
    By this logic you shouldn't advance your character outside of Mythic raiding at all. Sorry 95% of the playerbase.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

I hope they manage to make gear interesting in some ways and I appreciate their ways of trying to do so with azerite gear and corruption. Gear will be reaally boring with just secondary stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didt they say they wanted it to be clear of an item was an upgrade some patches ago, then they added Corruption, ill believe it when i see it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'll be a raid logger with this system. No incentive to do content outside of logging in for my weekly raid and logging out, and tbh I'm not happy about it. It's like they never learn from past mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

By this logic you shouldn't advance your character outside of Mythic raiding at all. Sorry 95% of the playerbase.
    I mean... I believe that lower rungs of the ladder should exist. I see nothing wrong nor demeaning about expecting players to go from normal to heroic to mythic. I don't think you should jump rungs of progression unless you play far above your current skill requirement for that mode.

I am the mad man who thinks difficulty levels should each have their own rewards.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    This is going to be an absolute tragedy of an expansion. As I said in the news post about the interview:

From my perspective as a Mythic raider this will be just like WOD where I have zero incentive to login outside of my weekly raid.
    Why do casuals care about having the infinite RNG treadmill though? If you're a casual you're probably running one LFR a week and doing "Covenant Callings." You were probably never going to it a point where "I'm gear capped except for rolling perfect Titanforging."

If this change dicks over engagement for anyone, it'd be the mythic raiders, not the casuals.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

How is it, that Blizzard always chooses to listen to the worst suggestions from this playerbase? Turning it all back to static loot is going to be even worse than WoD raid logging btw, because even WoD had Warforging/socket forging. This old loot system will be, without a doubt the end of one of the largest 2 aspects of end game: Mythic+.

Anyone cheering for this now, will be here in a year, bitching about lack of incentive to play the game after having cleared the raid a few times. Is re-clearing the entire raid 20+ times for guildie raider mounts incentive enough in this age where there's hundreds and hundreds of mounts in the game anyways? Is a mount worth that much time investment whilst having next to zero character progression anywhere in the world, save for waiting until next patch to have more character progression?

This will not only kill M+, but also many guilds after clearing raid tiers. Blizzard shouldn't have listened to the morons on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I'd like to see tier sets and masterlooting back but if we get the shadowlands changes as they are right now i can wait for the expansion after shadowlands to get tier sets and masterloot.
    There will be tier sets, just not at the very start of the expansion. Idk how that makes sense, but that's what Ion said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Why do casuals care about having the infinite RNG treadmill though? If you're a casual you're probably running one LFR a week and doing "Covenant Callings." You were probably never going to it a point where "I'm gear capped except for rolling perfect Titanforging."

If this change dicks over engagement for anyone, it'd be the mythic raiders, not the casuals.
    They were never casuals... they played more then any mythic raider. Once you embrace the truth you will see them with new eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scratches View Post
    There will be tier sets, just not at the very start of the expansion. Idk how that makes sense, but that's what Ion said ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Means it is currently planned to be put into the second or third raid tier but not the first.

Think WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I've seen nothing but good changes so far. This is a big one. Next expansion is shaping up nicely. How about masterloot?
    As others have said, ML is gone for good. And you can thank all the shitty people who abused it/took advantage of trial raiders, etc for that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Odintdk View Post
    How is it, that Blizzard always chooses to listen to the worst suggestions from this playerbase? Turning it all back to static loot is going to be even worse than WoD raid logging btw, because even WoD had Warforging/socket forging. This old loot system will be, without a doubt the end of one of the largest 2 aspects of end game: Mythic+.

Anyone cheering for this now, will be here in a year, bitching about lack of incentive to play the game after having cleared the raid a few times. Is re-clearing the entire raid 20+ times for guildie raider mounts incentive enough in this age where there's hundreds and hundreds of mounts in the game anyways? Is a mount worth that much time investment whilst having next to zero character progression anywhere in the world, save for waiting until next patch to have more character progression?

This will not only kill M+, but also many guilds after clearing raid tiers. Blizzard shouldn't have listened to the morons on this one.
    How does this kill M+?