Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    If you ever thought Blizzard ever cared for the Alliance, anything that could make Alliance players happy, anything that would actually satisfy them despite being constantly shit on lorewise, gameplay, representation, fsction-specific features you haven't been paying attention. The Alliance faction is dying veeeery fast. Even more guilds and players go Horde now, they even target realms that already have a lot of Alliance->Horde migrant guilds.

This decision about High Elves, them actually daring to touch this very sensitive subject when they know it's probably the only big Alliance request, is just a nail to the coffin. But still unsurprising.
    It's not Blizzard's fault when they've already told the playerbase that blood elves are our high elves and that's the direction they intend for the high race to go. They do not intend to direct the high elf race storyline via a fragmented handful of elves aligned with the Alliance. Blizzard have said they have no real purpose or identity, they're a bygone. Some alliance players have chosen to ignore this and cling to some false notion that alliance high elves are thriving and should be playable. The game shouldn't revolve around their narrow view simply because they want a blue eyed blood elf character on the blue side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    I'll use a simple analogy to show you why you completely miss the point of the High Elf request. If WoW was a WWII game, telling people who wants to play the Free French Forces (High Elves) to play Vichy France (Blood Elves) would be ludicrous. Yet, that's what you and other do, parroting Hazzikostas, who has demonstrated time and again that he neither understand nor care to understand the demands of Alliance players.

And, for the millionth time. Blood Elves were High Elves, but they have discarded this name and the theme of the two groups have diverged widly. That you refuses to see it doesn't make it untrue.
    Show me a Blizzard source that states blood elves became something different when they adopted their new name. Any Blizzard source specifically refers to the blood elves as the high elves, and states that the high elves changed their name to blood elves in honor of their kin. No where does it say they became a new race and that alliance high elves are the high elf race of WoW. No, even the Blood Elf race page on the official WoW website refers to them multiple times as the high elves and every context of the race description talks about them as being the high elves (now with a new name). They never stopped being high elves.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

You anti-Helf really are dense, it's impressive.

OF COUSE IT'S ALL POLITICAL !

Is it clear enough here ?

Yes, the blood elves are physiologically the same, but they are disgusting, pathetic, little pieces of shit ! My single best time in WoW is the Purge of Dalaran, were I could slaughter them again and again in the streets, because those damn rats have joined with the Horde and proved that they have an utter lack of moral and values.

I want to play the High Elves. Those who said "Fuck you" to their Kingdom when they finally realized how corrupt it was; those who were exiled because hey refused to survive at the cost of their morality. I want the High Elves. Those of the Lodges, Stormwind and the Silver Covenant. I hate the Blood Elven zone. I hate interacting with Blood Elves NPCs, who are all either corrupt or hypocritical.

But I love being around HE NPCs because of their moral compass, their values, their determination to endure, no matter what, by staying true to themselves and the morals their profess.

That's why Blood Elves aren't High Elves. Not anymore. The former are despicable when the latter are admirable.

That's really as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Covenant View Post
    So basically the Alliance gets cool background story victories while the Horde gets an immersive Warcraft play experience. That's 100% fair, yep.
    Here's a question. Who the fuck is sticking to just one side and intentionally missing out on half the game?

If you're sticking to just one side you deserve to miss out, that includes for alliance fair skinned thalassian elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    774 pages and the debate is finally over, High Elves are officially Horde.

Yay!

Yes, the blood elves are physiologically the same, but they are disgusting, pathetic, little pieces of shit ! My single best time in WoW is the Purge of Dalaran, were I could slaughter them again and again in the streets, because those damn rats have joined with the Horde and proved that they have an utter lack of moral and values.
    Fascinating.

10+ Year Old Account

I want to play the High Elves. Those who said "Fuck you" to their Kingdom when they finally realized how corrupt it was; those who were exiled because hey refused to survive at the cost of their morality. I want the High Elves. Those of the Lodges, Stormwind and the Silver Covenant. I hate the Blood Elven zone. I hate interacting with Blood Elves NPCs, who are all either corrupt or hypocritical.

But I love being around HE NPCs because of their moral compass, their values, their determination to endure, no matter what, by staying true to themselves and the morals their profess.

That's why Blood Elves aren't High Elves. Not anymore. The former are despicable when the latter are admirable.

Oh dear that's tragic. I guess you will just have to keep on alternating between fantasizing and frothing at the mouth on the forums while High Elves run around wearing Horde colours.
    On a related note how neat would it be if Vereesa returned to the fold? I mean at this point its just a formality, might as well have her join the council. Loose a Windrunner, gain a Windrunner!
    Last edited by Sekach; 2020-04-10 at 07:32 AM.
    "Alas, how terrible is wisdom when it brings no fortune to the wise"

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Here's a question. Who the fuck is sticking to just one side and intentionally missing out on half the game?

If you're sticking to just one side you deserve to miss out, that includes for alliance fair skinned thalassian elves.
    So why didn't Nightborne have the peach skin tones of Blood Elves? Shouldn't Horde players have been required to experience the Alliance half of the game to get arcane purple tones?

That is what you call a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    So why didn't Nightborne have the peach skin tones of Blood Elves? Shouldn't Horde players have been required to experience the Alliance half of the game to get arcane purple tones?

That is what you call a double standard.
    No a double standard would be putting a horde race on the Alliance and just give nothing back like high elf fans want.

Also why would anyone want to play a race that basically has been victims of abuse by the Alliance no fewer than 3 times only to be on the side of the abuser? That's what playing a high elf is.

High Elves shouldn't exist in the first place. They were a mistake of WotLK, together with neutral Dalaran. Kirin Tor should've been HUMAN and Alliance only, with helves having been taken care of by good ol' Othmar while the belves (now comprised of all remaining thalassians) should've remained in the horde mudhut or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.

You seem quite angry there, friend. Have you considered taking a break from the forums and all discussion about the game to calm down and come back to this thread with a clear head?

OK Let Us Change Factions Now and All is Set.

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-10 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Which just shows it was never about "lore", it was always about an aesthetic. If they cared about the lore so much they wouldn't ask for high elf options via void elves.
    Of course it's about the aesthetic for the vast majority of those seeking this, which is why the abandonment of the goal of a High Elf Allied race in favour of ersatz high elves on a Void Elf won't trouble most of them.

Some probably genuinely care about the idea of a Warcraft 2 style high elf, however as this morning's datamining has helpfully demonstrated, that is in fact a Blood Elf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

Considering how much people have been vocal about Warcraft outgrowing the Horde/Alliance dichotomy by this point, this is not even a question for many at this point.

The faction dichotomy is at this point both a part of the identity of the game as well at its biggest hindrance narratively, which was thoroughly tested and found wanting during BfA. WoW cannot rely on the factions if their design of them is so monolithical it breaks immersion and dumbs down the narrative -which has become exponentially more about the large world threats rather than petty political struggles-

My point is not that we should "get rid of the factions" but that faction dichotomy alone can't carry this game forward at this point; continuing to put "faction identity integrity" as a priority just seems to be a handicap rather than a feature at this point.

Hence why I support ideas such as third factions or unlocking races from their faction, because this game evidently is struggling by continuing to present a hard faction dichotomy in a manner that makes sense.

IMO there is a need to downplay the faction's importance to allow the world to evolve, again, BfA has only cemented the notion that the focus on horde/alliance and the NEED to make it balanced because it's so focused as the identity of the game just hinders the game.
    There is no point in having two factions without faction dichotomy. So long as two factions exist, those two factions should be kept unique and distinct in order that their mutual antagonism and mistrust makes sense. Should the faction system be removed, and everyone is allowed to group with everyone, then that is a clear design change that does not favour one small group over everyone else.

The faction debate is also tangential to this debate. This debate would be permanently resolved if the faction divide was removed as those who wish to play a blood elf with the desired aesthetic among Alliance players could do that. But so long as the factions exist, they matter, and so long as they matter the preservation of their diversity is an important design goal.

Before/after:

Good guys, Blizzard updates the High Elf NPCs: p

I do not make the parrot, I inform you.

Last edited by Frenchvince; 2020-04-10 at 08:54 AM.

Just a game bud, no need to get so worked up over fantasy races.

And by the way, alliance aligned high elves are not a moral compass. From quelithian lodge to the purge, to forsaking family.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Don't rage about this until you see the blue eyes in character creation, datamining can mean anything, and until it's implemented, don't freak out. I honestly believe Blizz isn't gonna touch the blue eyed blood elf issue, but we'll see.
    They have literally added four or five blue eyed options to the Blood Elf files. The Death knight eye colour files were apparently specifically marked as such and not investigated during the stream. NPCs would only need one unique eye colour. Instead, we have several shades of blue which matches the several shades of green and gold that are also present. Heterochromia options involving blue eyes are missing, but they could easily be added before the end of the beta.

Whilst you are correct that all of this is no guarantee Blood Elves will end up with blue eyes, a dispassionate look at the available facts would conclude that the odds are overwhelmingly in favour of these being available. You are predicating your belief they won't be added on the idea that Blizzard considers the objections of the pro high elf crowd as something to gingerly step around, to accommodate. As I have argued before, why would they prioritise the feelings of those who wish to reserve blue eyes for alliance high elves, a group Blizzard has already ruled out, over the desires of people playing Blood Elves right now? That has never made sense.

I think it is far more likely than not Blood Elves will end up with blue eyes. But time will tell.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McToaster View Post
    OK Let Us Change Factions Now and All is Set.
    you already can bro. using a faction change which you buy

Finally the High Elves are there where they belong. As a customization option for the Blood Elves. They were the same race all long so its the only right option

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this fashion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-04-10 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Pretty sad how many of the same naysayers are still here, but eh, if that's what they find fun to each their own I guess. Just hope it won't be too long until the only faction I've ever really wanted to play for well over a decade is made available.

My idea as mentioned way back would still be to have the race option be added as a mix of High Elves and half-elves, with the majority of the customization being more in between so as to not overlap more than necessary with Blood Elves (but still having the option of making something that's a pure High Elf).

So the high elves that called themseves blood elves afther the massacre are now not high elves from within anymore? Dafuq, what kind of drugs are you using, read the lore about blood elves, youll fast figure out that they are the high elves you desperately want,

I know it's hard to admit it, but no. This will not be a customization but an improvement for the HE npc's model. Blizzard already said it MANY times, you - wont - get - anything - from - the - HE ! Stop hyping yourself for nothing and then beeing in shock.