Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Its incredible that there hasn't been a new ranged class added to the game.

The game released 16 years ago, and in those 16 years we've had 3 new classes added, and every single one has been a melee class.

Is that not absurd to anyone else? The ranged class options in this game has become stagnant, and I'm starting to realize its one of the reasons I haven't been playing as much anymore.

This expansion was the perfect opportunity to release a new ranged dps class, especially a cloth based one, and we got nothing. Nothing about Shadowlands looks like its going to be the huge win that WoW needs to skyrocket back into success.

5+ Year Old Account
    Half the website will tell you that WoW is still the most successful MMO ever and will continue to be so. Just figured I should warn you.

But yeah. If we don't count Feral splitting into Guardian and Feral, we had Eight specs added to the game, and all are melee.
    FFXIV also added 8 and 5 are ranged.
    ESO added the Necromancer with the last expansion.
    GW2 ads new specs all the damn time.

I guess it is still better than SWTOR where no class or spec has been added since release.

10+ Year Old Account
    The next ranged class will be the Tinker. Just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Half the website will tell you that WoW is still the most successful MMO ever and will continue to be so. Just figured I should warn you.

But yeah. If we don't count Feral splitting into Guardian and Feral, we had Eight specs added to the game, and all are melee.

I guess it is still better than SWTOR where no class or spec has been added since release.
    I was looking into ESO, their necromancer looks so garbage lol. Apparently it doesn't even have permanent minions because their pet AI is so bad they can't get a pet based class to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I was looking into ESO, their necromancer looks so garbage lol. Apparently it doesn't even have permanent minions because their pet AI is so bad they can't get a pet based class to work well.
    They have a summoner class, the necromancer is just built differently because his spells are criminal acts. They easily could be permanent like the others.

The necromancer is an amazing addition to eso and wow has needed a real necromancer for 10+ years

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The next ranged class will be the Tinker. Just be patient.
    Was waiting for you to show up. Truly. What would upset you the most by the way?

A: No Tinker ever.
    B: Tinker as a spec for an existing class
    C: Tinker that is not ranged or in any other way does not reflect your vision of a tinker class

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the next ranged is Tinker. All other suggestions I've seen are cringe to the max, especially considering pet AI in WoW is still bad and double bad in M+ and Hunter covers every other idea (Dark Ranger), they just won't add more flavor to them (like how they already had black arrow, then removed it).

Marksman should just naturally evolve into void abilities, following Sylvannas and Alleria, maybe they're moving into something like that with Shadowlands?? Who knows, doubt it.

Yes, we get it, you wanted necromancers. How many threads in how many subforums do you intend to open about that?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

They took away a ranged spec, though!
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    Three classes added in 15 years, two of them begin hero classes. Why would it be absurd?

Ok, a statement. Care to explain why ranged classes have stagnated?
    Because with a few exceptions they're largely the same they've been since vanilla, and as a player who has actually been playing since vanilla, I'm bored to death of them. Some of them have received major reworks in the past years to make them more appealing / modernize them, but so have the melee classes - and now we have an expansion where the've announced no major spec changes other than adding a few niche abilities back to classes. Nothing that will actually change fundamentally how the spec feels or plays.

I'd also be interested in a new ranged/healer class

There's has been removed ranged spec, Blizz really hates hunters so much.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2020-04-15 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    They took away a ranged spec, though!
    This is what gets to me the most. They actually took a ranged spec away and some of the cooler spell concepts remain locked behind shit like shamans being a jack of all trades elemental shitshow, wasting wind, lightning, water and earth on about 2 spells each..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I played swtor years ago,cant believe there has been zero classes added?damn....most expensive mmo even lol,anyways....yeah personaly i find it weird in wow how we only have one ranged wep class,bows...guns...crossbows,all for one class,sure rogues and warriors used to use them but just for stats and now we have demon hunter with glavies,but thats just one wep not 3 for one class alone

That's why I wanted a Necromancer so bad. I love clothie spell casters.

Weird, I think all classes and specs have changed quite substantially since Vanilla. But fine, each to their own.
    Maybe time to try a new game then?
    Yes, they have changed a lot in some cases, but their over arching concept has remained the same. Probably the biggest reworks that come to mind are demonology warlock and maybe druids. Everything else, for the most part, have been somewhat modernization/improvements on specs but very little that has fundamentally changed specs on the level that say, the demonology rework did.

There is nothing wrong with that, what is wrong is that there hasn't been any new interesting ranged dps classes added to mix things up. I've been playing, for the most part, the same thematic ranged specs for the past 16 years.

This is part of the reason why every expansion I only play for about 2-3 months before bowing out for the remainder. I get bored of playing the same specs I've been playing for literal years.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2020-04-10 at 01:50 PM.

What would they realistically do different to the classes that exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was waiting for you to show up. Truly. What would upset you the most by the way?

A: No Tinker ever.
    B: Tinker as a spec for an existing class
    C: Tinker that is not ranged or in any other way does not reflect your vision of a tinker class
    No Tinker ever, since it's something sorely needed in the class roster.

Tinkers don't fit in any existing class spec wise. Also my vision of the Tinker is merely Blizzard's vision of the Tinker. Blizzard's Tinker concept was made up entirely of ranged abilities, which is why I'm assuming that a Tinker would be ranged.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please no new classes. Blizzard struggle to fix the classes as is it without throwing in more.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much doubt it. They just added them as allied race.
    class =/= race.

Ironically, bringing Mechagnomes into the game makes the Tinker class even more necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    What would they realistically do different to the classes that exist?

Tinkers would;

1. Utilize Vehicles in combat
    2. Use Robots as summoned minions
    3. Be the only class that uses technology as a general class theme
    4. Represent the high technology aspect of WoW and the races that use it
    5. Be another class that could logically use guns and firearms besides only Hunters