Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Demo needs a total rework, is a no sense actually. Blizzard says is in a good state just because they have no fucking idea about what to do with demon.
    We need MoP demonology back as a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    We need MoP demonology back as a choice.
    No chance of that, they gave Meta to DHs as the big selling point of the class, no way are Blizz going to mess with that just to give a thematically ill-fitting ability back to warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Not a fan at all of BFA's focus on one demon at a time, as well as the infernal appearance rework.

Was hoping Shadowlands Demo would be this overhauled lots of demons type of spec instead there's literally nothing.
    Curses lol...woop de doo.
    Of course it's not happening.
    They found their target-design and will keep "tuning"/optimizing it with SL.

Imho, Destro is the one needing work, as it's been quite the same since MoP (with less firepower over the time, sadly)....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I want like 3 infernals at a time and shit you know what I mean man? Like some fun, over the top shit. Imps and dreadstalkers....boooooring
    This is the real problem.
    I don't understand why they don't give us a baseline interrupt (or at least one on each pet so we are not forced into the hunter if we need to kick things...)

Demonoligy is fun only thing I would like to see is to use my other demons more often for situations without losing shard generation this would open up fel puppy for fights that need interruptions maybe succy for some CC. Felguard 100% is meh but needed as some abilities that needs fel guard, i’m master of demons not felguardsitter. Also would like to see more then only imps from hand, maybe mix it up a bit with different demons. i like see more typs of demons.

Keen for a return to mop/wod demo. Being an imp mother is boring as shit and the ramp up is horrendous. Demo is Affliction with fancy animations.

Might not be what you want to hear but Inner Demon gives different types of demons as well. Urov, eyes, 4 armed female demon and bat demons.

Demonology has a baseline kick, just nobody uses it because they don’t want to cripple their dps by not having a felguard out. However that’s quite easy to fix with talents, especially since circle becomes baseline again:

Call Felhunter PvP talent for the other specs.

Pleasure through pain: While your Felguard is inactive, your Shadow damage is increased by 15% and the cast time of your Shadow Bolt is reduced by 0.5 sec.

This is basically the pvp talent and instead of having to have a succubus, you’ll get to choose the other demon, so you can use your felhunter, too. Of course the numbers might need to be tweaked.

Grimoire of the Inquisitor: Your ‘Summon Felguard’ spell turns into a ‘Summon Inquisitor’ spell. The inquisitor is a ranged pet that has the following abilities:

• Dark Bomb: Forms a dark vortex around the target. Upon expiration the target explodes inflicting shadow damage to all enemies within 20 yards. (or any other AoE, I mean these inquisitors have plenty)
    • Mindwrack: The Inquisitor wracks an enemy’s mind with anguish, rooting the target for 3 seconds and increases its damage taken.
    • Bad Thoughts (for command demon): Counters the enemy’s spell cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    When warlocks had meta, it changed spells, made them tankier, unlocked new abilities, on top of a standard damage increase. When DH got meta it became a haste increase. It's the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.

Dark apotheosis can work the same as old meta without taking the ability back from DH.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-05-09 at 12:13 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    When warlocks had meta, it changed spells, made them tankier, unlocked new abilities, on top of a standard damage increase. When DH got meta it became a haste increase. It's the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.

Dark apotheosis can work the same as old meta without taking the ability back from DH.
    Fuck DHs. Meta was a warlock ability first in this game and should return better than ever. Different mechanics (ranged class) are enough of a distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Fuck DHs. Meta was a warlock ability first in this game and should return better than ever. Different mechanics (ranged class) are enough of a distinction.
    Meta also made no sense thematically for the warlock, the current incarnation does.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    DH meta is the biggest letdown in the history of letdowns. They took the most basic spec in the game and made it's one mechanic to turn in a demon so you can, play exactly the same... And if you want to be a demon regularly you have to take a talent or its a 5 minute CD...

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology needs only 2 things - Axe Toss becoming an interrupt for targets immune to stuns AND some sort of additional niche trick in raids.

That's it. Spec itself plays real well and is actually plenty fun too, it just misses that secret raid sauce Affliction/Destruction have with multidotting/cleave respectively. It has great AoE, but that is almost not utilized in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, they could go Warrior way - simply give it insane execute. That would also work.

I mean personally I'd make doom actually be able to summon a doomguard, also not make it unsummon the felguard with the 6s resummon. So that the talent wouldn't just be the final slap in the face after being pissed on by having a spell that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    the 6s resummon.
    Trashville lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Demonology needs only 2 things - Axe Toss becoming an interrupt for targets immune to stuns AND some sort of additional niche trick in raids.

That's it. Spec itself plays real well and is actually plenty fun too, it just misses that secret raid sauce Affliction/Destruction have with multidotting/cleave respectively. It has great AoE, but that is almost not utilized in raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, they could go Warrior way - simply give it insane execute. That would also work.
    Like in the good old times with Decimation? Jesus I really miss that soul fire spam. I hope I would see that again.

IMHO WoD Demon pre-uber nerf was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    You also only even HAD metamorphosis because DH's didn't exist. It's a Demon Hunter ability in WC3. It was an ability of Leotheras the Blind in SSC. It was an ability of Illidan in BT.

It was never a lock ability to begin with. Your power was stolen, and you have lost it. As it should be.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Hoping for any changes is thinking BIG. That is NOT Blizzard's agenda. They want to keep shit as it cause they are fucking lazy and don't want to balance new abilities. So the game will continue to stay stale and boring as far as the warlock class goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Add baseline Explosive Potential and you have a deal
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    It was never a lock ability to begin with. Your power was stolen, and you have lost it. As it should be.
    That is entirely silly reasoning. It was a power of demonic magic and it fits the theme of a Warlock in Warcraft. It still is something a Warlock can do since Kanrethad still has the ability. It was just removed from playable warlocks because Blizzard didn't want it. It has nothing to do with lore or "who owned it" or anything else. Just simply mechanics and design.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It was just removed from playable warlocks because Blizzard didn't want it. It has nothing to do with lore or "who owned it" or anything else. Just simply mechanics and design.
    It was removed because blizzard wanted it as the highlight of the DH kit; I mean you can't seriously argue it was a coincidence that blizzard nuked demo to nonviability in Wod, then took away the ability only to immediately re-implement as the tentpole ability of the new class in the next expac.

Lore aside. I would also argue the reason they did so was most likely because it was that class' ultimate in WCIII and not a mechanical decision.