Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Give us a (super) dark-skinned Draenei option. I mean, why the hell not? How awesome would that be. Not Eredar, just highly melanined Draenei.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Except if people don't like Blizzard's new story/lore direction they will still not like black elves, regardless of whether or not the story team passed it through. All Danuser's statement shows is that they took a look at everything to make sure they liked it.

If someone doesn't like the new Blizzard team, it doesn't exactly mean they'll agree with them.
    more so seems like there saying it fits with the old story/lore which on a surface level it does if were going off what we saw in tbc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    more so seems like there saying it fits with the old story/lore which on a surface level it does if were going off what we saw in tbc.
    Well, I don't think anyone really expected Danuser to go:

"No, these options we added make no sense and we added them just to fool you guys, haha. They'll be removed next build."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Give us a (super) dark-skinned Draenei option. I mean, why the hell not? How awesome would that be. Not Eredar, just highly melanined Draenei.
    Isn't there already a pretty dark-skinned option?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone really expected Danuser to go:

"No, these options we added make no sense and we added them just to fool you guys, haha. They'll be removed next build."
    no but he could have easily said that the options will make sense within the lore shown in SL. instead it seems to me astleast that he said that they fit with what we currently have which kinda makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Won't blue eye blood elves just be high elves then?
    Not really because the Blood Elves called themselves that for ideological reasons; it had nothing to do with eye color. The fact that green eyes became predominant in blood elves because their ideology at the time is irrelevant to them naming themselves Blood Elves.

So a Blood Elf with blue eyes is... a Blood Elf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    So blood elves use the sunwell eyes turn green, time passes then can be blue again, does this also apply to orc skin? Can i be proper orc and not a fel tainted one. Its been years since we lifted the curse.
    They used to say it would take generations, so probably the children of the current children. For Blood Elves it appears to be different because they are eevees and affected by the Sunwell constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post

Isn't there already a pretty dark-skinned option?
    Yeah, but I'm thinking jet black.

The new skin colors offer much more varied customisation. However, I hope that they're not like the color options for humans currently where the skin tone does not match the mostly Caucasoid features. Here's hoping to different face models, tattoos and hair styles!

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for latino Tauren skins
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintalos View Post
    The new skin colors offer much more varied customisation. However, I hope that they're not like the color options for humans currently where the skin tone does not match the mostly Caucasoid features. Here's hoping to different face models, tattoos and hair styles!
    Man you just know that'll get racist so fucking fast. We'll see people running around with the darkest skin and biggest lips/ears they can get with offensive names. Just like any game that lets people get afros. Which is a shame too because the fro is king.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I know someone will lose their mind and call me a racist for saying this, but I think a blood elf with dark skin is just wrong. Blue eyes make it even worse. And I'm only considering this from a lore perspective.
    Then you would hate the sinistral elves and the dunmer elves from the elder scrolls then.... the redguards sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Love it! Add some hooker make up like the humans get in Shadowlands and you have something awesome!

Oh yeah Dairy Queen, shake it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Well...

That argument makes sense, but there is this concept in storytelling and fiction called "suspension of disbelief". There are just certain 'facts' about life that are strongly ingrained into people, either cultural or scientific / academic and when you start creating fiction (a fantasy world or stories or races etc.) - You're only going to make it harder for people to feel immersed when you keep showering them with things that are contrarian to the knowledge of people.

Simultaneously, uh... We know that corporations like creating false controversies nowadays to generate more social media hub hub and attention. And this to me seems just on the edge of controversial enough to cause heated arguments on the internet while still looking innocent.

So nothing about wow broke your suspension of disbelief til dark skin?

And you think adding varied skin tones is courting controversy, now how will they drum up controversy without racists to be pissed that they're adding dark skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Man you just know that'll get racist so fucking fast. We'll see people running around with the darkest skin and biggest lips/ears they can get with offensive names. Just like any game that lets people get afros. Which is a shame too because the fro is king.
    The greatest fallacy is in thinking that by eliminating choices to curtail improper behaviour is the way to go. The truth is, no matter what is done, there will always be a small and loud group of people who will rage at it. Therefore, it's smarter to just give people the options they want and ignore the racist trolls.

That's ideal of course. This forum alone has proven that most people will choose to rise to troll bait.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really expect significant changes to the face models (if any), the only ones that i expect to have really different face models are humans (as shown by Blizzard last time)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I don't really expect significant changes to the face models (if any), the only ones that i expect to have really different face models are humans (as shown by Blizzard last time)
    I don't either. It's just nice to have. BUT I do expect new hairstyles at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't either. It's just nice to have. BUT I do expect new hairstyles at least.
    Yeah, i do expect new hairstyles for everyone, i kind of wish they added all Horde races hairstyles to the barber regardless of race, and all the alliance races hairstyles to the barber regardless of race.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Yeah, i do expect new hairstyles for everyone, i kind of wish they added all Horde races hairstyles to the barber regardless of race, and all the alliance races hairstyles to the barber regardless of race.
    Well, maybe in 10 years Blizz will realise some of the current restrictions make no sense. They tend to do that

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, maybe in 10 years Blizz will realise some of the current restrictions make no sense. They tend to do that
    Someday....

Ah, that reminds me, i really want an expansion centered on the factions, not faction conflict, but the internal affairs of each factions, would love to see how the culture of each race change and adapt to its new allies, how the Blood elf and NB combine their knowledge of magic, how the Lightforged and Void Elves contrary beliefs clash, how the Humans see the Holy incarnations that are the Lightforged (The Church even talks to them like if they were on top of a pedestal). how the Gnomes and Mechagnomes start working together with each other and the Dwarves, etc...

In general, that's also one of those things that bother me when they introduce more and more races, as it makes it more and more unlikely for the races to get actual development.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    - Female Nelf druids
    as far as I know they removed gender roles after their population took a huge blow
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    And Nordic Zandalari/Orcs
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.