Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This alpha is the first alpha where I actually cared a bit abou getting alpha or not. Gief Shadowlands! I delivered a bug report in Legion and got a month of free sub from the GM because I had been a loyal customer for so long so I am entitled for an alpha obviously!!

But then in 2018 with having a name for 8 years that was suddenly offensive to people in one country where its not an actual normal name blew my chances I guess(its even used by a npc in the game, so I made quite the ruccus about it)

Anyway, I feel a bit envy for the first time, but its clearly obvious why they do what they do. But seeing streamers who hates retail and doesn't even play it get alpha sucks, but again, they do reach a lot of players. We others just aint worth enough for this, though it seems some of the invite is quite random. For me personally got into my first beta in BfA, still playng beta(omegalul) so hoping for that!

Quote Originally Posted by KridenTagg View Post
    Invites have gone out for the first wave it looks like.

I've been subbed every month since November 23rd, 2004 and didn't get an invite. So much for taking care of long standing players huh?
    They didn't say all players who play since Vanilla will get it.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

People get awfully butthurt about what is basically a payless job at product testing.

Oh my god it's been out for 12 hours and some of you are already crying as if a big kid took your lunch money on the playground because you didn't get invited. The first wave or two is always a majority media, which these days includes streamers, friends and family and maybe a small number of regular players.

Stop hanging so much meaning on the words "long time players" it basically means if you've been playing for longer than a couple years your account will be flagged as eligible and invites are sent randomly amongst those accounts. They said the same thing for the Classic beta and people who started in Wrath and Cata were getting in while others from Vanilla/BC weren't. It's a much much broader statement than people seem to like to think, as if because they played in Nov 2004 they're somehow obviously a better tester than someone who started in Wrath when 95% of you will never even open the bug report window, let alone actually test anything relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    They didn't say all players who play since Vanilla will get it.
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...eloper-update/

This first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists.
    So yes, chances are, long time wow players with active accounts in good standing... will most likely be among the first invited.

And since vanilla is the begining of the wow, draw your own conclusions regarding players with active accounts dating from vanilla and in good standing... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...eloper-update/

So yes, chances are, long time wow players with active accounts in good standing... will most likely be among the first invited.

And since vanilla is the begining of the wow, draw your own conclusions regarding players with active accounts dating from vanilla and in good standing... ;-)
    They said this will be in waves. This means that not everyone got it this week.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Why do you think that this entitles you to alpha access? Shut up.
    Because blizzard outright said so.... They would send the first waves to old players with good standing.

Instead there are people who started in legion and wod who is currently playing and people on the friends and family program who does not have invites

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    ...I got invited, and I had five minutes in Vanilla and then didn't play again till MOP.
    Have you tried not being silenced or banned repeatedly?

I have an alpha but it doesn't really interest me atm to play since final fantasy seven remake just came out and i'm busy playing that instead alpha. Iirc that there wasn’t much to do in alpha..beside pointless feedback and stuff u know.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-04-11 at 11:13 PM.

There's not really much to do in alpha right now anyway, and it shows by the fact it doesn't even seem to hold the interest of most of the streamers atm.

Remember that they need to test stuff, but they also needs to promote the game, so during this first wave part of the keys will go to streamers.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Because blizzard outright said so.... They would send the first waves to old players with good standing.

Instead there are people who started in legion and wod who is currently playing and people on the friends and family program who does not have invites
    That doesn't mean everybody lol. There are probably tens of thousands of people who have maintained subscriptions since vanilla and have accounts with good standing. You honestly believe that they're going to give alpha access to every single one of those people?

They can do what they want with invites and extreme hyperbole and exaggeration doesn't change the fact that they draw from a giant pool of people, with an inkling towards people with older accounts. That's it. Without knowing, think of it like a weighting system. Those with longer accounts likely have a higher chance. So somebody who has maintained an account since vanilla would have a theoretical +4 to to their roll when compared to somebody who started in like, Cataclysm. I'm sure if you looked across the board and compiled all of the data, on average, people with all of the criteria they mentioned are disproportionately represented.

But please continue complaining and having an extreme sense of entitlement.

All that said, all friends and family aren't equal and it's likely this is the first wave. People can yell and scream about streamers, but marketing is marketing, and it would be retarded not to give keys to people with moderate to large audiences. The outreach that streamers have is enormous for spreading hype, especially when you consider that there's a portion of a particular streamers audience that doesn't even play the game that they're watching (but potentially could pick it up).

First wave, stop crying. Having a flood of people in the first few days on what, two servers is fucking dumb. You bring in some people, test something, then push out new content while adding more people. This spaces shit out and if there are more problems or feedback, the next wave will catch it while the older wave of players push towards the new stuff.

To those saying that it doesn't hold many streamers attention? Well no shit. What else are you suppose to do in an Alpha that has a 1-10 leveling experience, part of one zone and a single dungeon? There's only so much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    To those saying that it doesn't hold many streamers attention? Well no shit. What else are you suppose to do in an Alpha that has a 1-10 leveling experience, part of one zone and a single dungeon? There's only so much you can do.
    Kind of the point, people complaining about not getting in right now there is next to no point in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I had no lapse since vanilla. yes. not a single month.
    In fact I received the 10y statues as well.

and you dont need to believe me lol.
    well good for you man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Glad to know that you got in.

I remember talking with you all the way back from WoD alpha thread or legion one.

I didn't get invited yet, but i've been invite every alpha/beta since LK.

I dunno why you think it's BS. i've also been subbed constantly since march 2005. Never been banned, or anything.
    more just the "Subbed every day since vanilla day 1"
    Lots of people like to say that, usually to get a pity card of not getting in, i joined i think in yeah 2005, i cant remember what month though either... but ive let my sub lapse many times. I also got in for being a CC but yeah.

they have said they will be adding people constantly, i already know a few people woke up today to find they have been invited.

so check your launchers, the email takes like 10 hours to get to you... its bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I mean... this is going to shock you but people lie on the internet. We are not even at the point they are doing random invites. The people who are receiving them now are promoters on a very short list.

At least wait till they announce a wave before believing your average joe.
    Yes, yes we are.
    i mean ive literally been in the alpha for what... i think 18 hours now of playing, and asked people like "hey yall CC?"
    "No, been playing since X, just got random invite, this is my Y time getting to test"

some of them from vanilla, some even from cataclysm.
    some its their first, some its like their third or fourth.

they are inviting the average joe already, just so miniscule amounts.
    day 1 i think i /who almost 200-250 people on NA side.
    not that many content creators.

last night when asked to check the ratio i got
    both
    16 lock
    21 priest
    22 pally
    26 warrior
    12 rogue
    15 DH
    26 hunter
    26 DK
    39 Druid
    12 Monk
    24 Mage
    24 shaman
    so add that all up and youve got how many players on NA
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Blizzard are lying bastards who only care about money...I don't believe a thing those evil leeches say
    tons of people have gotten invites...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-11 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You don't decide what they mean by old, and they also didn't say "Everyone with such an account will be invitied." You're not entitled to alpha access, grow up.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I have been invited to the Alpha in this first wave. My account is from the first days on WoW Vanilla EU on Feb 2005 i think. I play mostly casual, one month or two to see the content and unsub. I was on the Beta of BFA and i remember reporting a lot of bugs, maybe that helped, but otherwise i think i was lucky.

They can't invite all people who met that category. Since you complain and feel entitled so much it makes me believe you are a casual lad and just wanna run around testing jack shit. Imo it's better to invite higher end players than you because they can actually give a REAL feedback on certain system/class, and ofc streamers because exposure.
    Stop crying, ty.

Everyone thinking they should have been invited to the first wave because they have an old account needs to calm their shit. Blizzard only invite a small pool of people to start with, this is common knowledge and there are thousands of players that have old accounts, myself included.

They also have their staffs Friends and Family lists to draw invites from, which have a priority. The higher you are in someones list, the more likely you are to get an invite. I also know that the invites from the F+F pool has only been from the people at the top of those lists.

So if most of the people on the F+F lists haven't been invited, what makes you think that you deserve an invite just because you have an old account?

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    he has every right to think hes entitled to an invite,why wouldnt he ? clearly a loyal customer and player to blizz.more so than most of these streamers who dont even play wow untill alphas come around.ive played since day one and dont care if i get invite or not but that shouldnt stop others feeling like they deserve some reward once in a while.
    This is the problem with Alpha and Beta folks who think they are entitled and it is somehow a "Reward" sure it is nice to test it out but thinking it is a reward is absurd! You are helping to TEST the Alpha/Beta and report bugs and provide feedback which is critical (especially in this phase of testing) if you don't help with this you shouldn't be invited to future Beta's it isn't early access!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    snip

But please continue complaining and having an extreme sense of entitlement.

snip
    You are reading way to much into my comment, i haven't even opted into the damn thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reijatsu View Post
    They can't invite all people who met that category. Since you complain and feel entitled so much it makes me believe you are a casual lad and just wanna run around testing jack shit. Imo it's better to invite higher end players than you because they can actually give a REAL feedback on certain system/class, and ofc streamers because exposure.
    Stop crying, ty.
    where the fuck did all this bs come from ? You call me entitled and say im complaining, how did you get that from my comment ? i haven't even opted in to the fucking thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    You don't decide what they mean by old, and they also didn't say "Everyone with such an account will be invitied." You're not entitled to alpha access, grow up.
    Didn't say i was either