Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    And i do not care, again read what they say in the post you linked, if that is not a blatant lie knowing what they did to 10 man raiding at the end of that expansion, merely months after that post, there are no lies in the world, as simple as that.
    Even if what they did was the better solution, something i do not agree with, but even if it was they still fukin lied in our faces, period.
    It wasn't "merely months." That post is from January 2013. WoD didn't launch until November 2014, nearly two full years later. Blizzard also let everybody know that 10M raiding would be going away at BlizzCon 2013 which gave guilds more than ample time to recruit a roster for WoD. The only thing that's weird here is how you're taking this personally. Blizzard wasn't going to destroy 10M raiding in the middle of an expansion, what did you expect them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It wasn't "merely months." That post is from January 2013. WoD didn't launch until November 2014, nearly two full years later. Blizzard also let everybody know that 10M raiding would be going away at BlizzCon 2013 which gave guilds more than ample time to recruit a roster for WoD. The only thing that's weird here is how you're taking this personally. Blizzard wasn't going to destroy 10M raiding in the middle of an expansion, what did you expect them to do?
    I expected them not to lie in such a gross manner, something on the lines of we are taking down 10 man raiding because we think it is better for the game, i would still not have liked it but it would have been honest.
    instead of :
    That said, we’re also concerned that over-rewarding the 25-player guilds—if, for example, we went back to a higher item level across the board for 25s, as was the case for Icecrown Citadel—would feel like a slap in the face to the many 10-player raiders out there, who are the majority of our Normal and Heroic raiders
    And then erase 10 man raiding from existance, which is dishonest and a lie, as simple as that.
    Whenever someone lies to me like this i take it personally yes.
    And the issue is not having or not having time to adapt, the issue is losing your favourite raiding size format forever, which is clearly not an issue for you but it is clearly an issue for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    None, What you see is what you get basically and they plan to see how it goes
    It goes how it went for many years before we had this extra cancer added to gear, pretty damn good..

I can't wait to enjoy the game again.

Covenants sound like their canceraids replacement systems to be honest, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by dryla1 View Post
    I expected them not to lie in such a gross manner, something on the lines of we are taking down 10 man raiding because we think it is better for the game, i would still not have liked it but it would have been honest.
    instead of :
    That said, we’re also concerned that over-rewarding the 25-player guilds—if, for example, we went back to a higher item level across the board for 25s, as was the case for Icecrown Citadel—would feel like a slap in the face to the many 10-player raiders out there, who are the majority of our Normal and Heroic raiders
    And then erase 10 man raiding from existance, which is dishonest and a lie, as simple as that.
    Whenever someone lies to me like this i take it personally yes.
    And the issue is not having or not having time to adapt, the issue is losing your favourite raiding size format forever, which is clearly not an issue for you but it is clearly an issue for me.
    Blizzard didn't lie about anything, I don't know why you're letting this get you bent out of shape. At the time that they wrote that, in January 2013, a majority of players were raiding in 10M Heroic. A few months later, Blizzard decided that they didn't want to continue having to design encounters around two separate raid sizes so they compromised and came up with the solution we have now: 20M Mythic raiding. Comparatively speaking, 20M Mythic is now going on its fourth expansion while 10 and 25M raiding only lasted for two. It's clear which raid paradigm Blizzard prefers as developers. Don't get me wrong, I understand that 10M raiding was enjoyed by a lot of the playerbase (myself included, to an extent) -- that's fine -- but this idea that Blizzard intentionally decided to fuck over 10M raiding is bizarre and completely out of sorts with the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Because it wasn't the same. It was next, way better iteration of it.

Original AP was spec specific token based system with numbers reaching some milliards or trillions.
    No hardcap

Azerite power was both softcapped and hardcapped for each patch, class wide system that continuously nerfed itself over time.

Anima power is hard weekly capped, class wide system, covenant bound that you will be also able to spend on some cosmetics.

In the end it will work the same as Azerite power for people without OCD and we will also be able to spend it on cosmetics.
    people already datamined "vitality bar" for thorgast so you will farm AP - and you will like it

this happens when you belive Ion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It goes how it went for many years before we had this extra cancer added to gear, pretty damn good..

I can't wait to enjoy the game again.

Covenants sound like their canceraids replacement systems to be honest, but we'll see.
    there was reason why it was changed.

because static loot was boring like hell

same will happen in Shadowlands.

you wil see that milion will leave and they will push panic buttons in 9.1

we seen it in WoD

the same will happen now only faster

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Just like in early WoD when they nerfed LFR into the ground to appease those of us that whined about feeling forced to do it for tier/trinkets.
    Gotta love how you leave out that WoD had fuck all for non-raiders the majority of the playerbase. Both GC and Ion have admitted the majority do not do raiding including LFR as an endgame. Ion even used that as his justification of realigning LFR. There was a bunch of planned non-raid content that got cut to push out the heavily delayed expansion. The quarterly reports mentioned a lack of content.

Now it certainly could have been a double whammy of bad timing with having no content for the majority of the playerbase and that the "weak" rewards from the only remaining content that wasn't cut on top of the increased drop rates increased further reducing the useful life of that content.

I doubt we will see fuck all again for non-raiders to be able to progress their character in the long run. What the plan is will be seen and I will reserve my judgement on how Blizzard will keep time limited non-raiders who want to play through an entire expansion busy. The no-lifer "casual" camp is of no concern to me along with the raid or die LFR camp who thinks they speak on behalf of the majority.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2020-04-12 at 07:40 AM.

Guys, come on now. Let loot be loot.

Love this meme. It's going to be used in the time ahead. A lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Guys, come on now. Let loot be loot.

Love this meme. It's going to be used in the time ahead. A lot!
    You already have it in your sig!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong. THey unsbudded because there was no content. When people realize there is nothing to do at end game they will all unsub. You are being naive.
    They abandoned the expansion, therefore there was no content. You just said the same thing that I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    They abandoned the expansion, therefore there was no content. You just said the same thing that I said.

Abandoned to move on and work on SL?

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniam View Post
    They're saying they're going to make some major steps in the right direction. Maybe they'll get around to fixing that eventually, but getting rid of RNGforging is a huge fix that we've been asking for.
    No it's not. For BFA it's a bit tricky in that they have to reevalue the item levels of everything to balance it up, but for later content it's quite simple

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    That sounds... good.

But... I can hear the LFR, world quest and pet battle crowd moaning already. So, looking forward to getting slot machine loot back within like 6 months of the expansion.

Unless I missed something (which is possible), nothing said will really affect this.

They can still grant better/epic gear through easier content by making the drops more rare. The only thing that changes is that the gear itself will not have a random factor in its construction.

I think people are reading more into this than has been suggested.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2020-04-12 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Nope, no system to replace corruption. But loot will drop less often, since there won't be another layer of RNG.
    which people will complain about as well since they will say why should it take me 4 months of grinding old raids to get my gear

Wow. That would actually tempt to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The best part though will be when people jump into SL's and run LFR and get absolutely DESTROYED by super AF casual Mythicc raiders because LFR gear is total SHITE compared to the ilvl of Mythicc - then come back on the forums and cry a river because they can't stand up to mythicc like they can in todays RNG world..

My smile will be big when this happens
    LFR'ers don't go to forums. Forums are for the giganerds.

The best part though will be when people jump into SL's and run LFR and get absolutely DESTROYED by super AF casual Mythicc raiders because LFR gear is total SHITE compared to the ilvl of Mythicc - then come back on the forums and cry a river because they can't stand up to mythicc like they can in todays RNG world..

They can still drop heroic or even mythic quality gear in LFR. It would have a lower drop rate of course, but as long as that gear does not have random stats, then they have lived up to what they said “no more TF”.

Quote Originally Posted by Flay- View Post
    You already have it in your sig!
    Yep, like I said, it's going to be used a lot.

Let loot be loot! :P

I'm okay with random sockets if there's a way to buy a socket-item with Anima. Else that needs to go away with WF/TF. Speed, Leech, and Avoidance add next to nothing to character power anyway, so those can stay.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I like this loot be loot.

I mostly play casually and don’t raid or do mythic dungeons like I used.

So it always felt weird getting weapons and armor at normal/ or close to heroic ilvl with out doing that difficult content.

It was sorta like playing with some cheats on. Sure it
    Make world quests easier to plow through but I didn’t have the satisfaction of earning it with difficult content.
    It felt more like natural gear progression to me. The more I played the better my gear got.
    I'm a thread killer.

i am geniuinly curious what that "super AF casual mythic raider" is doing in lfr in first place as he has nothing to get there . more - he had nothing to get from there since end of MoP.

to link recount resoults to people who dont even have any dmg meters instaled ?

to measure his e-pen against people who dont care ?

but i gotta admit 1 thing - people like you are definetly target audience of shadowlands.

problem is last time blizzard targeted this audience was in WoD and costed them 5 mln + players.

but hey im sure you are as confident when comparing raid logs from mythic mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    It felt more like natural gear progression to me. The more I played the better my gear got.
    well now in shadowlands you can just go play something else to get that progression

because aparently blizzard dont mind loosing milions of players.

guess that 6 months subs with mount must be going very well for them