Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Raids weren't around in classic? I don't understand, unless you were talking about before 1.12, I don't think that counts.
    Meant that the game didn't launch with it and wasn't originally planned to be in the game. They were going to do what they now call "mega dungeons" with strat/brd, etc having 10-15 people. The playerbase wanted more and then they fleshed out the concepts of raids and went over it at a Blizzcon saying what they think it should entail and asked players for input.

7+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at those that play that kind of genere, the game literately plays itself.

I can jerk off and play that game at the same time, it's beyond astounding! /S

But seriously, if you want to play auto chess, don't play wow..?

Also, raids were in the game since Day #1, and it will stay that way for god knows how long. Mission tables were definitely an unwelcomed feature.
    Except it does not play itself, you have to buy, sell, and build an army, do you think you can just afk at starcraft cause you can build an army, tell them to attack your enemy, then afk?

and ok? Most of the game was not in day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Was my original intention, my mistake.

Raids weren't around in classic? I don't understand, unless you were talking about before 1.12, I don't think that counts.
    when molten core first came out, its gear drops were utter shit, nor was molten core, or ANY raid going to be in the game, molten core was made in 1 week after fans asked for them during the alpha/beta test

Raiding was not supposed to be in the game, it was a last minute feature.
    and yeah until the revamp of the gear, it was soooo bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    when molten core first came out, its gear drops were utter shit, nor was molten core, or ANY raid going to be in the game, molten core was made in 1 week after fans asked for them during the alpha/beta test

Raiding was not supposed to be in the game, it was a last minute feature.
    and yeah until the revamp of the gear, it was soooo bad.
    Just a note Felplague. This isn't aimed at you, just adding to your post.

Yup, just to reiterate what I said above to @Beefkow. I like how people think raids were in the game at the start and always planned. As you said this definitely wasn't the case. Wasn't in at launch and the 1 week sounds about right since I don't remember exact numbers. There's a video where Jeff even talks about this at Blizzcon about how they would put them in based on all the requests they got. Heck, when ZG (maybe MC too) came out they didn't have enough servers for the instances. Jeff talks about how they literally had to monitor the server 24/7 for the first few weeks to constantly add servers and instances to be able to even handle the load. Raids weren't ever considered to be a part of the game at all.

I kind of question why?

I mean I know LoL did it better and first but it seems a weird thing to add to the game.

Sounds better than the mission table we have now, my only question is whether its just gonna be text log describing what happens or if the combat will be animated, by the sounds of it its probably the former, but hey if its fleshed out more than " X uses Y on Z, it deals so and so much damage " then its probably fine aswell.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-04-13 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I kind of question why?

I mean I know LoL did it better and first but it seems a weird thing to add to the game.
    Better, maybe, but "first"? Cmon :P

oh yeah much appealing to smartphone "gamers"... lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Oh god not autochess.
    Was hoping for actual chess dammit!

Honestly, they could have fully expanded it, if you are making it more interactable, then go all the way and make it into a real minigame.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Ayeleth (A) / Ayeleth (H)
    Auto Attack - Deal attack damage to the closest enemy. Deal Auto Damage 1
    Feeding Frenzy - Ayeleth drains the anime from all adjacent enemies, dealing damage and inflicting a small wound. Deal Damage 0.5, DoT 0.1

Noooooooooo
    I am torn between "fuck weebs!" and "No, why would you do that?!"
    //insert weebhatesweebs.jpg here//

I laugh at those that play that kind of genere, the game literately plays itself.

I can jerk off and play that game at the same time, it's beyond astounding! /S

But seriously, if you want to play auto chess, don't play wow..?

Also, raids were in the game since Day #1, and it will stay that way for god knows how long. Mission tables were definitely an unwelcomed feature.
    You're either adding new features or dying.

Nothing in between exists.

Raids are not the only content in the game. Mythic+ is not the only content in the game. Not all content is for you. Not all content in any game is going to be for you.

You can do as much or as little as you like. That is a choice you make. To say otherwise is complaining about having no self control. Every single thing you do in a video game is a choice. Nothing is required.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool, sounds neat.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Or they could, I don't know..... just remove it all together?
    why would they remove it? it's a bit of fun on the side. nothing wrong with that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We played the game in the first place because the original features that came with it with raiding being a good part of it.

And ya I wouldn't mind the feature, if they didn't force us to play it. Or at least that's what it looks like, I could be wrong.
    As someone that was a Hardcore Raider, the overwhelming amount of People I play WoW with never raided, not in any serious sense. More of them Pet Battle than Raid.

It's why pre-LFR Raiding was one of the least engaged with activities in WoW.

We played the game in the first place because the original features that came with it with raiding being a good part of it.

And ya I wouldn't mind the feature, if they didn't force us to play it.

Or at least that's what it looks like, I could be wrong.
    Wow, your self entitlement is new levels of astounding. Very few players do raids, it is probably one of the lesser used "features" of the game, especially before LFR. So based on your silly logic, they should get rid of raids since more people don't play it than those that do. It is also shitty they "force" players to do raids to complete some questlines. They don't want to raid, they want to do quests so let's get rid of raids.

Just do everyone here a favor amd get over yourself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Table missions turning into auto chess? YESSS finally instead of being just lore text or "amazing" encounters that only our followers do (draenor table missions/warship missions) at least we can see why our fucking troops lose a 95% chance of success.

Now seriusly, i like it, if you guys think that bejeweled or the blingtrong circuit its boring, then idk guys you need more sugar in your life. SOmetimes people want to spend their time doing other things, thats why people gather at the darkmoon faire to just be there and play things. Not everything its hur dur mah dps mah i o score hur dur.

better be a "instant resolve" button either base or with an addon or it'll be like the pet battle for me, forgotten somewhere dark and dusty, not to the see the light ever again....

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Wow, your self entitlement is new levels of astounding. Very few players do raids, it is probably one of the lesser used "features" of the game, especially before LFR. So based on your silly logic, they should get rid of raids since more people don't play it than those that do. It is also shitty they "force" players to do raids to complete some questlines. They don't want to raid, they want to do quests so let's get rid of raids.

Just do everyone here a favor amd get over yourself.
    I said raidng was a good part of it.

I never said it was required or forced, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why would they remove it? it's a bit of fun on the side. nothing wrong with that.
    If they force you to participate in the feature, then yes It would be a problem.

Otherwise, I could careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    You're either adding new features or dying.

Nothing in between exists.

Raids are not the only content in the game. Mythic+ is not the only content in the game. Not all content is for you. Not all content in any game is going to be for you.

You can do as much or as little as you like. That is a choice you make. To say otherwise is complaining about having no self control. Every single thing you do in a video game is a choice. Nothing is required.
    Ofc raiding isn't the only feature in the game, I stopped raiding since BFA, ever since they got rid of tier sets. Nothing is required of you do to anything in the game. You play it because you play it, nothing more, nothing less. If i am forced to do another "mission" table or w/e that feature is, I'll probably be upset.

Inb4, "WAAA WAAA stop bitching and get over it, some people love autochess."
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2020-04-13 at 02:24 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

If they force you to participate in the feature, then yes It would be a problem.

Otherwise, I could careless.
    well Blizzard are pushing player agency in Shadowlands. so even if it does give Anima Power it will only contribute to the weekly cap. don't want to do it? then you get Anima Power another way.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    well Blizzard are pushing player agency in Shadowlands. so even if it does give Anima Power it will only contribute to the weekly cap. don't want to do it? then you get Anima Power another way.
    Hopefully that's true.

I don't want it forced on me like WOD and legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I kind of question why?

It's an interesting addition to the game.

Eod wow is 15 years old, soon it's 16. We may not all like or agree with the additions and experiments they have made in wow. Some stick like m+ and pet battles and yes most don't like scenarios, challenge mode and garrisons for various different reasons.

But ultimately the only way this game stays fresh and keeps people comming back is be innovating even if that innovation dosnt work out. Stagnation in a mmo = death.

This little addition looks kinda fun and interesting, it looks like a neat way to make what was a rather boring feature like the mission table into something that might take at least a bit of strategy. Anything that stright up ads something that could be fun to something that currently isn't should be welcome.