Poll: How will BfA be remembered?

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Amazing expansion.

- Beautiful zones, very nice to level there. It really felt like an rpg.
    - Kul Tiras: Jaina reunited with her family. A good strong navy ally for the alliance.
    - Sylvanas removed as warchief. A council for the horde.
    - The famous Zandalar added. Nice Dino-theme and different then the other troll races.
    - Highmountain, Dark Iron and Nightborne... love them.
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!
    Yes but how was the actual gameplay. Everything you listed is always good in WoW

WoD at least classes were fun, and in the first few weeks it was fun. But there was no Karabor as a capital city OR any endgame-content at all. Really, there was NOTHING. Simply because it was never planned that Tanaan was a patch-content. They cut it out even through it was probably supposed to be an endgame-content. And it was very unfinished in many aspects. Especially Gorgrond. You can really see that half of the zone was simply unfinished. They finished the overgrown-content there, but all the iron horde-stuff: no story, nothing at all except for the crappy daily fill the bar-content there. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Garrison simply took to long to function somehow and then it was a total trashfest.

Still: at least classes were good. And Warriors had Gladiator-Stance. Simply said it was the superior expansion to BfA by around a Lightyear.
    Because it doesn't matter how good or bad an expansion is: if the classes are bad, the expansion is bad. And the overpruned shite of BfA was the biggest crap they ever created. Ok, second biggest.

- - - Updated - - -

Just admid you are a brown nosed white knight, that's the same bs. Nope, BfA was bad, because the gameplay was bad. It doesn't matter how good the content is, class design in BfA was the second biggest crap they ever created. And maybe for Horde it was actually good, but when you play alliance, it was the biggest crap blizzard ever created. None of the 3 alliance leveling-zones is even in the range of being decent or good. Horde had at least beautiful zones and a good story, Alliance didn't. Only our capital was far better than the horde-one.

Leveling in WoD was not bad at all. All zones in WoD were very decent and good to level. The endgame was the issue. And players fetish to total trash dailies because of being dailies. Yes, dailies were removed and replaced with nothing. But BfA was bad from the very beginning, and for alliance-players it was gutter-trash.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-04-12 at 03:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Wod was probably the expansion I played the most 3v3 even though I hated it the most.

During this time I got in an accident at work and lost part of a finger so I had a lot of time off and it was during the winter. I came back to arenas after just casually playing for years (didn’t take it seriously in a long time) came back and played survival then bm hunter.... the game felt WAAAAY too easy. It was the most scripted pvp I have ever been apart of.

Every game was like this, enter arena, see comp, tell yourself “ok my druid is going to stun shaman, warrior will spell reflect, I’ll growl, then trap, then the shaman will trinket, I’ll scatter, pally will stun, druid will clone, shaman will totem, I’ll explosive the enemy then kill totem, my trap will be back up, we will win”

And it was like this every. Single. Game. Ended up with like a 2800 rating doing this. I played it the most but it felt so dirty because of how easy it was.
    lol ur right it was very scripted, i played a walking dead comp and i was the holy pally. Maybe i enjoyed it bc it was so overpowered. I also played a warlock and i cant remember the spell but once u had all ur dots up and u popped this one spell, all u had to do was drain soul and u basically melted ur opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in time, I feel that BfA will be remembered as MUCH better then SL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Hard to tell, they're all pretty bad these days. For what little I played of BFA, it did seem rather boring. At least WoD had nicer looking zones, and had some link to TBC. BFA seemed to have cleared my friends list the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    At this point in time, I feel that BfA will be remembered as MUCH better then SL.
    How to make sure no one takes you seriously 101

Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    WoD actually had good class design and less "systems" to keep busy with so and more passive ways to make gold and WoD allowed me to play other games that BFA don't if you want to keep up with the "cool" kids so i will rank WOD MUCH HIGHER THEN THE PILE OF JUNK BFA IS!!!!! and WoD is still 2nd to last

BFA's biggest issue is really that its like WoD just that it throws totally mindnumbingly boring content into our faces that we have to grind to stay relevant, i hate this type of game design and nowdays spends my time leveling and doing dungeons in Classic untill this shitfest called "bfa" is over.

BfA is the first expansion since launch of World of Warcraft i will end the expansion with less then 100 days played, got like 23 days played on my main as it stands now and its not building up quickly since i get disgusted very quickly on retail when i start doing the "content".

I still login and do timewalking and bg brawls now and then.

Its like this worst to best.

BfA > WoD > MoP > Cata > Legion > Vanilla > TBC > Wotlk.
    for me its bfa>wotlk(most overated crap ever)>cata>wod(because what we got was good)>vanila>legion>tbc

I don't recall mentioning this the first time but the AH is something I'm pretty darn happy is being carried forward. Even WOD gave us that improved group finder tool and amazing player model updates.

And I still give BFA major props to salvaging WOD's storyline with the mag'har scenario. I didn't think it was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

When it became evident towards the beginning of the expansion that the development team had no concrete idea what to do with the Azerite system it was clear to me they hadn't planned any vision for the rest of the expansion either. How do you fumble the core mechanic of an expansion? It's like they don't really test shit anymore.

Deadpan worst expansion all around.

Except for the cinematics. Great.

So make a TV show.

They can't make a good game anymore.

It really is not. There is a reason every person i played with together for many years and every person I know outside the game have stopped playing. This did not happen in WoD and not in any other expansion.
    Hell, the story was so bad that it can never be salvaged again. Many horde players completely lost their identification with their faction because they have become mass murderes and supporters of genocide now and can never be redeemed. Many alliance players lost their identification with their faction because they feel like abuse victims that can not stand up for themselves and feel completely helpless as the horde lubes up again.
    At least in WoD we had the hope that this AU bullshit only will have minimal impact on the MU, so it didnt matter that nothing made sense.
    Leveling was 10x worse than WoD because you just got weaker and weaker during levelling, lost stuff and got nothing in return.
    Then we have the bugs and missing QA. Oh my God, so many bugs.

I hate WoD, but BfA is simply worse. I could continue this for 2 more pages and list one reason after another.

Awfully. Is it worse than WoD?!?!? Who knows or cares really. They're both terrible expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It really is not. There is a reason every person i played with together for many years and every person I know outside the game have stopped playing. This did not happen in WoD and not in any other expansion.
    There is a reason why [insert some personal experience which has no translation to reality] happened.

Funny but WoD was the time when my last IRL friend stopped playing. Funny how our entire guild felt apart in MoP. Then another guild felt apart in WoD. In legion we really struggled to keep our rooster full and squad changed like twice (only 3 people from original end-of-wod squad remained in Legion).

You have no reasons to be honest. It's just your personal experience which we can't even confirm.

Nobody cared about leveling, it wasn't relevant for good couple of expansions, MoP and WoD each had muuuuuuuuuuuch more bugs than both Legion and BfA combined.
    Story in WoD (alternative timeline) was so rock bottom that BfA is actually masterpiece.
    WoD was when the first and biggest pruning occured - but it was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is a reason why [insert some personal experience which has no translation to reality] happened.

Funny but WoD was the time when my last IRL friend stopped playing. Funny how our entire guild felt apart in MoP. Then another guild felt apart in WoD. In legion we really struggled to keep our rooster full and squad changed like twice (only 3 people from original end-of-wod squad remained in Legion).

You have no reasons to be honest. It's just your personal experience which we can't even confirm.

Nobody cared about leveling, it wasn't relevant for good couple of expansions, MoP and WoD each had muuuuuuuuuuuch more bugs than both Legion and BfA combined.
    Story in WoD (alternative timeline) was so rock bottom that BfA is actually masterpiece.
    WoD was when the first and biggest pruning occured - but it was justified.
    WoD wasn't great. I don't think anyone would argue against that. But to say BFA is a masterpiece is actually insane. If it wasn't for Blizzard not reporting sub numbers and WoW Classic boosting sub numbers BFA would be the all time low subscriber count in WoW history. The pruning which started in WoD and only got worse since then has hurt the game significantly and BFA took it to another level while adding many abilities to the GCD (which almost everyone was against) and pruning even more while removing everything Legion artifact weapons added.Thankfully Blizzard is undoing a lot of that in Shadowlands but the fact that they are is proof that those decisions hurt the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    WoD wasn't great. I don't think anyone would argue against that. But to say BFA is a masterpiece is actually insane. If it wasn't for Blizzard not reporting sub numbers and WoW Classic boosting sub numbers BFA would be the all time low subscriber count in WoW history. The pruning which started in WoD and only got worse since then has hurt the game significantly and BFA took it to another level while adding many abilities to the GCD (which almost everyone was against) and pruning even more while removing everything Legion artifact weapons added.Thankfully Blizzard is undoing a lot of that in Shadowlands but the fact that they are is proof that those decisions hurt the game.
    Lots of assumptions there, pal. I'm not defending BfA by any means but your argument looks like shit when you just assume everybody agrees with you.

RNG is not a problem with corruptions, you can work your way earning gold in game and just buying corruption on AH.
    You keep saying this, so I thought I'd check and see what my options were. It turns out that on my backwater RP realm cluster there are *no* corrupted items for sale on the AH.

So I checked Mal'Ganis - none. Proudmore - none.

So I'm thinking that even if they are available on the AH, they are too rare (and probably too expensive, because plain i475 pieces run to 350K+ gold) to reasonably just buy. They are indeed random, and far more so than legendaries were, especially at the same (late) point in Legion's life.

- - - Updated - - -

The art is almost always really good, likewise zone design, and non-main story quests. As for the main storyline, Jainas was good, the Zandalari Empire and it's rules' was good, the rest has been pretty rubbish. The War campaign just completely awful.

- - - Updated - - -

And you've just given yours, and as you've just implied others are lying, we've even less reason to trust your posts. Anyway, anecdotes are not data. Not yours, and not mine (which are different from yours - MoP and WoD had raiding hiatuses in one of the guilds I'm in, but BfA has practically killed the other).

Goods:

Great leveling story.
    Most cinematics ever, and a lot of great ones too, the best intro cinematic ever made since Warcraft 3.
    Fantastic art and music.
    Some cool new races: Tortollan, snake people, fat people (Kul Tirans)

Bads:

Poor progression system (heart if grindzeroth)
    Unfleshed systems (warfronts, island expeditions)
    Unflshed locations (Nazjatar, Ny'Alotha)
    Unfleshed ending characters (Wrathion, N'Zoth)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be that guy. But the last actually good WoW expansion was Mists of Pandaria.
    The last 3 have been complete dogshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I still say anyone who calls BFA the worst, has either never played through WoD or has selective memory.

WoD was the worst expansion in WoW history.

BFA at least had good moments.

I'd probably rank them as:

BC > WoTLK > MoP = Legion > Cata > BFA > WoD

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You assume classic boosted subs by itself but there was also a patch involved.
    Pruning did not got worse, it was worst in WoD, couple of changes in legion and BfA had almost unchanged classes since Legion - yes that is what base classes worked in legion. So that is simply false.
    Nobody cares about GCD changes except for people on forum. Almost none was against.
    Removing legion artifact is not pruning. Toys blizzard developed, that was bound to gear got removed. That was it's fatal flaw. Problem of a legion, not bfa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    You keep saying this, so I thought I'd check and see what my options were. It turns out that on my backwater RP realm cluster there are *no* corrupted items for sale on the AH.

So I checked Mal'Ganis - none. Proudmore - none.

So I'm thinking that even if they are available on the AH, they are too rare (and probably too expensive, because plain i475 pieces run to 350K+ gold) to reasonably just buy. They are indeed random, and far more so than legendaries were, especially at the same (late) point in Legion's life.

Change to more populated realm. At late point in legion everyone already had every legendary assuming they played so damage was already done and that vendor did not change anything except easier acquisition for alts. So no, not even close. Even with realm transfers and pouring real money I could not get specific leggo. While I can do that with corruptions. Or just farming gold in game and buying realm transfers for gold. That is also possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    And you've just given yours, and as you've just implied others are lying, we've even less reason to trust your posts. Anyway, anecdotes are not data. Not yours, and not mine (which are different from yours - MoP and WoD had raiding hiatuses in one of the guilds I'm in, but BfA has practically killed the other).
    No, I just said it's pointless to try to present your personal experience as something that happened everywhere. So it's absolutely invalid point.