Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    We don't know if what we were shown are the only options.

Btw isn't the Shattered Hand skin color already part of the Maghar Orc options?

Edit: NVM, just checked, no they don't.
    Like I have said, even if there are 10 others, it won't make up for new race or class. These shits are pretty low effort textures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Shattered Hand is not a skin, it's a new model. So it's not happening.
    I'm speaking about white skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    The black option looks amazing on 100% of those races, that's plenty enough for me. Along with the new hair colors etc.
    Cool for you. I'm sure tumblr too is happy. But I would prefer meaningful additions instead of lore butchering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Cool for you. I'm sure tumblr too is happy. But I would prefer meaningful additions instead of lore butchering.
    Oh, Jesus Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ...
    Jesus did rise yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by SLNC View Post
    Oh, Jesus Christ...
    Lmao, Blizzard should add an openly gay character/couple. I bet he would freak out.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Lmao, Blizzard should add an openly gay character/couple. I bet he would freak out.
    They do business in china... it is never ever going to happen beyond small side characters they can patch out like they did in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was honestly surprised there's no blackrock skin given the presence of blackrock Orcs in Searimg Gorge or Burning Steppes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    They do business in china... it is never ever going to happen beyond small side characters they can patch out like they did in legion.
    That isn't the reason.......*Points to Overwatch* like at all and stop with the political bullshit, keep it out of here.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That isn't the reason.......*Points to Overwatch* like at all and stop with the political bullshit, keep it out of here.
    Overwatch is only like that in the West and never portrayed in game. Also overwatch characters tend to only reveal their sexuality after blizzard is trying to cover up bad pr...

Could we please not open that can of worms?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I was honestly surprised there's no blackrock skin given the presence of blackrock Orcs in Searimg Gorge or Burning Steppes
    I think you'll have to be Mag'har and use their blackrock skin. Depends we'll have to see.

They're not done inputting all the new customizations yet (Tauren have nothing at all for instance) and they've said more are coming for the "initial" in the coming weeks and months.

"We’re unlocking much more content for testing over the next few weeks:

Initial Character Creation/Customization Updates"

Which means even the ones we're getting in the coming weeks are part of an "initial" set.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Both cloth and plate can be designed to look "standard", which is what the devs said they wanted the raid sets to look like. Just making a set that looks like it could come from there. And especially for plate it works because while Paladin and Death Knight don't have much overlap in gear deisgned specifically for them, both could easily fit into a standard set. Or perhaps more specifically, if you imagine the most bog standard plate set imaginable, it would fit all the plate wearing classes, same for cloth.
    With leather it almost works like that, though while Rogue and DH are close enough in theme, Druid and Monk pull it far enough apart that just creating a generic "leather" set doesnt really work, not to mention the fact that there isnt really usch a thing as a standard fantasy leather outfit you could make without falling back on trenchcoats and otehr things outside the limitations of the WoW designers.
    Mail however is probably the most egregious. Not only are Hunters and Shamans only tangentially similar in theme, even discounting the fact that one tends ot want tunics and one tends to want robes. Not only is there no standard fantasy mail to pull from seeing as it is outside the usual trifecta anyways. But on top of that Hunters tend to want lots of animal hides, bandoliers, cloaks and various other ranger stuff, while Shamans want ornate shoulders, vivid colors and generally looking ostentatious. Which leads to a middle ground that looks terible for both.
    This is EXACTLY why no class sets was never going to work and that it was a terrible decision for BFA. The designs are homogenised across classes and instead make DKs and Paladins wear the exact same appearance, even though they are practically polar opposites in class fantasy and theme. Same goes with Monks and Druids, Hunters and Shamans like you said.

I'm still hoping class sets do make a full return and become the standard again. Even Covenants, although mostly high quality, still fall into the same trap of playing into to the aesthetics of some classes more than others. Right now it's like people have to take turns playing a waiting game until a set comes out that actually fits the theme of their class. 3 or 4 classes are happy while the rest just suffer, or suck it up and take on the theme and appearance of those 3 or 4 classes that were lucky to get a set that fits them.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2020-04-13 at 02:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennem View Post
    I think you'll have to be Mag'har and use their blackrock skin. Depends we'll have to see.

They're not done inputting all the new customizations yet (Tauren have nothing at all for instance) and they've said more are coming for the "initial" in the coming weeks and months.

"We’re unlocking much more content for testing over the next few weeks:

Initial Character Creation/Customization Updates"

Which means even the ones we're getting in the coming weeks are part of an "initial" set.
    Black Rock themed look should at least be there in SL. I think a lot of people would love it(As in when all the builds are out mind you).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Is it just me or do Blizzard always go above and beyond with designing plate sets? While the Maw cloth set looks nice it lacks the detail that the plate set has.

I can't stop looking at this plate... it's gorgeous. I don't even main a class that wears plate anymore but god damn it makes me want to drop my monk for my pally.

As cynical as it is I bet the leather and mail are underwhelming as always. Blizzard really seem to struggle with mail and leather because they're probably too focused on making them look like leather/mail rather than going absolutely crazy on the design. Cloth is easy because they just slap a robe on like they've done with the Maw set.

I lurk in this thread most of the time but over the years I've always really appreciated hearing what you have to say the most out of everyone here. Thank you for the time and effort you put into everything you do!
    Honestly plate armor is probably the easiest armor to make fancy. Generally to make other sets look fancier they have a lot of hard plates added onto the leather/mail to make it look more like plate armor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    being homosexual/whatever you are is not political.

I think Handclaw once tried to put a Shattered Hand skin on orcs. They'd be a good skin option for Mag'har, but allied races prolly won't get anything new until at least 9.2 or 9.3, if at all. Most they'll get is eyes separated from faces because that's more a system overhaul than adding new customization.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    being homosexual/whatever you are is not political.
    Neither are human rights, but Blizzard had problems acknowledging that as apolitical as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Neither are human rights.
    But not everyone in warcraft is a human.

These would be good skin options for Mag'har at some point.

7+ Year Old Account
    maybe we should just steer away from this before the mods bite us.

Hope the mail set for Maw is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    maybe we should just steer away from this before the mods bite us.

Hope the mail set for Maw is good.
    Mail sets are a toss-up so far. Ardenweald mail looks a little meh (to me), but Kyrian based on concept alone looks like it could be amazing. Maldraxxus mail is great, Revendreth so far has been good for all armor types, so I'm sure Revendreth mail will be nice too.

I think Maw mail will be good and Maw leather will be meh.