Poll: Would you?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy who just came back to BFA after basically not playing for the last few expansions. I was so stoked to see Survival is finally a melee spec after I wanted it for years, but BM is just so much better and that annoys me because I find it boring and too simple. I feel that the simple specs shouldn't be better than the harder ones. It seems counter intuitive. So for now I'm going to try other classes out and see what Shadowlands does. If Survival or MM become better I will one hundred percent play hunter main again.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but I'd still be playing BM, BM for life

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    I'm a guy who just came back to BFA after basically not playing for the last few expansions. I was so stoked to see Survival is finally a melee spec after I wanted it for years, but BM is just so much better and that annoys me because I find it boring and too simple. I feel that the simple specs shouldn't be better than the harder ones. It seems counter intuitive. So for now I'm going to try other classes out and see what Shadowlands does. If Survival or MM become better I will one hundred percent play hunter main again.
    It always starts out that a complicated spec like disc or shadow is very powerful at the beginning of an expansion. 20% are amazing at it a wipe the floor with everyone else and the 80% of everyone else are fucking terrible at it. Then Blizzard inevitably nerfs the spec because the guys who are good are so good that they embarrass mythic content even though almost everyone else sucks at it. So eventually the easy to play 3 button specs (demon hunter, BM) become the go to

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I'm curious to know your feelings towards the hunter class atm.
    Personally I hate Legion/BFA MM hunters and would not be playing one right now if MM was better than BM.
    How bad is MM? Just got my hunter to 120 via BM and I feel that it's a brain dead spec, I would never play endgame content with it. Wanted to try surv but never got the chance to

5+ Year Old Account
    A hunter should know how to play the 3 specs. PERIOD.
    Now the only spec that has an easy "PASS" its survi by being Melee and needing a high level weapon and specific stats and yarada yarada.

But if you play BM, you should also learn to play MM.

Reality is that the best MM interaction and popularity was when the specc was "Legolas playstyle" (all movement, zero cast, low cd)(cata sv, mop sv-mm, wod sv nerfed, legion mm memebuild)
    but then other class cry like hellbaby especialy mage and lock cause they have to standstill to cast and hunter not....
    i will rather give up 10-15% of my dps for be free from casting things and free from pet!
    and pls do not say the same old "if you do not want to cast go melee"....HUNTER IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE ONLY PHISICAL RANGED DPS CLASS
    end of story

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Yes but I'd still be playing BM, BM for life

- - - Updated - - -

It always starts out that a complicated spec like disc or shadow is very powerful at the beginning of an expansion. 20% are amazing at it a wipe the floor with everyone else and the 80% of everyone else are fucking terrible at it. Then Blizzard inevitably nerfs the spec because the guys who are good are so good that they embarrass mythic content even though almost everyone else sucks at it. So eventually the easy to play 3 button specs (demon hunter, BM) become the go to
    exept it was bm that got nerfed and surv buffed this expansion,no,the issue is twofold,some specs scale very well with stats,like bm and shadow,once you start getting more mastery more crit more haste they go crazy,some specs dont benefit as much from all these stats,thats why shadow gets nerfed every tier,they would be gods by now,and another issue is the core of the spec,in bm's case it is its 100% output wile being mobile and never needing to cast,or specs that shine situationaly like arms vs fury

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How bad is MM? Just got my hunter to 120 via BM and I feel that it's a brain dead spec, I would never play endgame content with it. Wanted to try surv but never got the chance to
    There is a surprising amount of depth that can be gleaned from MM, the problem is that said depth usually boils down to predicting movements and knowing a fight inside and out to ensure the maximum amount of cooldown usage.

And also the fact that MM is not that interesting to play. At least for me it is more fun than BM, but that is mostly because you can make regular enemies melt with your opening attack if you crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Reality is that the best MM interaction and popularity was when the specc was "Legolas playstyle" (all movement, zero cast, low cd)(cata sv, mop sv-mm, wod sv nerfed, legion mm memebuild)
    but then other class cry like hellbaby especialy mage and lock cause they have to standstill to cast and hunter not....
    i will rather give up 10-15% of my dps for be free from casting things and free from pet!
    and pls do not say the same old "if you do not want to cast go melee"....HUNTER IS SUPPOSE TO BE THE ONLY PHISICAL RANGED DPS CLASS
    end of story
    Personally i found the most interesting version was the one from WoD. As it felt like a true medium between the full-on ranged melee like BM and a more traditional caster turret. Really was such a shame we lost that version, would have been interesting to see Blizzard try and improve on that version instead of scrapping it for something else.

That being said, MM is extremely mobile if you know how to play. Main problem is that it feels extremely sluggish, not just because of Aimed shot being the equivalent of a hardcast Pyroblast or Chaos bolt, but also because of the fairly large amount of instacast spells on the GCD.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I just really miss focus fire in WoD. With the the class trinket from HFC that was so fun trying to keep BW going for as long as you could.

Erhm...randomly saw this thread....I noticed BM hunter is fucking INSANE dmg...So erhm, I buy a +15 every week from the same insane arena master, booster type of group and the BM hunter even destroys the demon hunter...This week in Freehold +15 he did 101k OVERALL DPS! Zomg, DH was only 81k.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Surv with high haste is literally a two button rotation

BM is what I like playing. As long as it's okay, I have zero problem with other specs getting spotlight time.

I would kill for MM or SV to be better than BM ! I prefer both play styles way more than BM and I'm only playing BM because it's better.

I didn't really play in WoD, only played a very small part of Legion so not sure how the specs lined up there, I've got very fond memories of MM and SV during Mop, Cata and Wrath (bring back Arp stacking MM pls - that was dope back in icc)

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    A hunter should know how to play the 3 specs. PERIOD.
    Now the only spec that has an easy "PASS" its survi by being Melee and needing a high level weapon and specific stats and yarada yarada.

But if you play BM, you should also learn to play MM.
    dont tell me what to do
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I prefer BM in PvE, but at the end of the day I would have a hard time dropping my hunter for another class.

Poll is kinda misleading.

Anyway, I wouldn't play Survival. But MM yes.

I kinda want this scenario, BM best at start of expansion and to middle of it MM should scale crazy and be the end game spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I don't want to play hunter I would just quit. No other class interests me as much as Hunter and I have so much exclusive stuff on my Hunter that I'd rather quit WoW all together than drop my hunter. So the question for me is really a matter of how much I hate MM versus how much I like the rest of the game. I'm not a huge fan of BM, but I think it's relatively well designed. MM just feels like shit to play.

Also doesn't help that they essentially invalidated an entire spec when they made SV melee.

BM these days is basic and OP. I really don't enjoy it.
    I like MM better but it just isn't there yet. Trueshot still feels weird and arcane shots feel bland. Maybe with the AoE target caps coming to all classes, MM AoE won't be so bad anymore and it will be more competitive. Kill shot will definitly add sone smoothness to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    BM these days is basic and OP.
    Not that you aren't entitled to your own opinion.

But is BM really OP ?
    It's outclassed by locks/mages in raids
    It's outclassed by just about anything in PvP
    It's quite good in M+, however it's not like we're miles ahead.
    I would say mages/locks/DH/rogues are way more OP as they are way more represented in every type of content.

Also you say BM is basic, and then proceed to say you prefer MM more.
    MM is almost literally the 3 button spec that everyone claims BM is; but no one complains about MM.
    The only time MM get's excited atm is when you can pop trueshot; ironically that's also when the rotation devolves even more.

Again, not attacking your opinion. I can understand people prefer the MM petless playstyle more (personally I also miss MM being strong as it used to be), but the reasons don't make much sense :P

Probably, but I'd still be BM. Movement > tiny percentages of DPS.

Poll didn't have enough options to vote.

I don't play BM normally, So yes i'll still play my hunter.
    If BM was closer to what Rexxar was like in WC3 and DotA i'd probably play BM.
    Last edited by Hero2Zer0; 2020-07-16 at 07:10 PM.