Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the new map pins and waypoints, will we ever have a way to change yards into meters? Been playing the game so almost a decade and it's the only thing that bugs me, bc as an european I have a hard time grasping distances in yards

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The unread mail indicator is amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very, very interested in seeing raytracing support in WoW. Can't wait to see where that goes.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Gamepad support? Does that mean it's suitable for consoles?
    No - it’s more for accessibility i.e. the Xbox disability controller thing.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Something is wrong with your system, my GPU is inferior to yours and I have no issues at all (3900x + 2070 Super)
    The GPU is not what is hit during intense moments. It's CPU. I still have a GTX 680 (I know) and it is reasonably fine for any area without water at max settings really.
    But even if I drop to low-med settings, the frame rates hiccoughs often in combat.

target fps feature is real cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Seeing the new map pins and waypoints, will we ever have a way to change yards into meters? Been playing the game so almost a decade and it's the only thing that bugs me, bc as an european I have a hard time grasping distances in yards
    as a wow addict i know what 5 yards is much better than what 5 meters xD
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

This wouldn't really do much though. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big 'pro-metric' guy (especially as chemist, where metric/celcius is just the superior thing to use); but that doesn't really matter when everything is relative in a game.
    The good thing about metric isn't so much the unit, as it is the conversion to other metric units.

Had blizzard decided that everything is now measured by 'whatever'-lengths, it wouldn't make a difference how that converts to meter really, as it's all relative in the game.
    Max cast range is 40 'whatever', so if something is 50 'whatever' away, you know it's pretty close but just out of reach.
    If something is 5 'whatever' away, it's right next to you.
    If something is 4000 'whatever' away, its quite far.

Other than that it's all about how long it takes to travel 1 'whatever'.
    If you travel at 10 'whatever' per second, than that 4000 is going to take a long while.
    If you travel at 800 'whatever' per second, than it'll only take a few seconds.

For what it's worth 1 yard is close to 1 meter if that helps you. But again, it doesn't really mean help you.
    If 1 yard equated to 1 centimeter, would the game have been better for you to understand ?

In WoW, there is no difference. The unit of distance is the same length whether you call it yards or meters.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    In WoW, there is no difference. The unit of distance is the same length whether you call it yards or meters.
    Not entirely true.

That's because the ingame yard has nothing to do with real world yard. Just take it as a fantasy world distance measurement unit, that happens to share name with a real world one. I like that it isn't meters, because meter is a very specific length to me as SI user, while yard is way more abstract, even though I roughly know the conversion ratio.

Proof:
    Goblin is supposed to have average height slightly above 1 meter. Blizzard has 8 yds (or 7.3m, when converted using real world numbers) radius, so blizzard radius should be about 7 goblins, but clearly it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyoh View Post
    I'm glad they're putting time into raytracing support when they could be adding more multithreading support. I'm really happy I get <60 fps drops with my 2080ti + 9900k in mythic raids.

Nice priorities.
    Blizz prioritizes bragging about visuals over actual quality of them.

This post on MMO-Champ is a perfect example of it. They're bragging about raytracing, but no acknowledgement of the game's massive flaws with stability.

Quote Originally Posted by ErrandRunner View Post
    Not entirely true.
    WoW's units of length are nameless. 10 units is 10 yards is 10 meters. They're only called yards because WoW was made by Americans. It doesn't matter what the unit is, it's the same for everyone.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    now if only they copied

1)proffesion systems
    2)housing systems
    3)gear obtaining systems
    4)instance difficulty levels

we could have perfect mmorpg.
    You might be playing a wrong game mate
    What is wrong with instance difficulties? we have a dungeon difficulty for every person who is capable of reading and understanding what objects are.
    Normal can be cleared by a blind person if they have audio feedback (tested with friends )
    HC is similar, but you might need to do some mechanics if others are bad.
    Mythic0 is bit tougher, but any clicker should be able to do that, if they understand mechanics.
    and from there you go up indefinitely. Well, until it becomes mathematically impossible

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Goblin is supposed to have average height slightly above 1 meter. Blizzard has 8 yds (or 7.3m, when converted using real world numbers) radius, so blizzard radius should be about 7 goblins, but clearly it isn't.
    I get what you mean but the image you provided doesn't really proof anything. You compared the supposed goblin's height by using a wrong perspective that doesn't match the actual model height. You should take a 90° screenshot from above with a goblin laying flat on the floor. That would make much more sense, even though a "resting" pose is still shorter than what a goblin looks like when standing still (because the goblin will probably have its legs/spine bent) .

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Something is wrong with your system, my GPU is inferior to yours and I have no issues at all (3900x + 2070 Super)
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with my system . I have 144+ fps stable outside of combat, but in combat it plummets like a sack of shit. Generally I'm between 70 and 100 which is fine but it does dip below 60 on some encounters which is an absolute travesty.
    Sure it's better without addons but it's not like I run many to begin with. I put a lot of time into optimizing what I use so no need to come and tell me what's wrong. I play at a higher resolution than most, being 3440x1440p so keep it in mind before you start comparing me to 1080p performance.

Meanwhile in the Valorant I sit at 300fps stable the entire game ^_^. The game just needs way better support for modern hardware, but RTX is really not the first thing they should be looking at.
    Last edited by Vyoh; 2020-04-14 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I get what you mean but the image you provided doesn't really proof anything. You compared the supposed goblin's height by using a wrong perspective that doesn't match the actual model height. You should take a 90° screenshot from above with a goblin laying flat on the floor. That would make much more sense, even though a "resting" pose is still shorter than what a goblin looks like when standing still (because the goblin will probably have its legs/spine bent) .
    which is exactly what I did. And funnily enough, when the goblin lays on ground, he's stretched more than when standing

edit: improved picture:https://imgur.com/a/8buokw6
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2020-04-14 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You may want to benchmark as it's possible you have system issues not related to wow. I have a 2080ti and a 8700k. I raid on max settings and never have fps issues.
    Sorry, but no.
    Record Mythic Carapace at 1440p or higher without you dropping below 60 fps. I'll wait.
    Last edited by Vyoh; 2020-04-14 at 11:50 AM.

Does any of these settings remove the melee shake on abilites?
    Check vid:

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You may want to benchmark as it's possible you have system issues not related to wow. I have a 2080ti and a 8700k. I raid on max settings and never have fps issues.
    There's always someone spewing this garbage,

honestly the GPU doesn't make a big difference, the game is running on the GPU fine. It's the fact that Blizzard for whatever reason can't figure out multithreading in the game.

There is no way that you maintain a framerate above 60 in dense areas or raid bosses. Go to a world boss while everyone is fighting it, Control-R to bring up framerate. I have a 2080ti as well as an i9-9900 and I dip below 60 in heavily crowded areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post

Exactly - it is very rare I have issues and I'm playing on a 5 year old PC so someone with a spec as high as he claims must have something wrong if he's getting regular issues.