Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "Torghast is still in development and subject to change" AKA hype that shit up and then nerf the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyntosAran View Post
    Its not solo content, its dynamic content. Can be done by 1 or up to 5 people.
    SO what you're saying is it's solo content.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by restomental View Post
    I liked the RNG legendaries. Gives the games old school mmo flavor. Sure there were BiS that ppl absolutely needed to make some specs viable for high end raiding but thats only like 1% of players. Being able to just craft your BiS legendaries takes the fun out of it for me personally.
    I respect your opinion since it's your own. How you acquired legendaries in Legion made me quit until pre patch of BFA. Terrible design.

Gettin’ Binding of Isaac vibes, hope it plays out similarly

10+ Year Old Account
    The more i read about Torghast, the more i realize this is a Slay the Spire without cards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    Everything here looks really good so far. No timer which is HUGE. Do it at your own pace woohoo.

My only concern is that you will only be able to get to higher floors of the tower with Phantasma perks and not by skill/gear (Thinking how visions are). Completing higher mask runs without being heavily into the skill tree was just not possible. I just really hope the abilities aren't a make or break to get into higher up floors.
    Torghast is a rogue-like feature.
    Obviously you'll need anima powers for the later stages.

Collecting powers to defeat stronger foes on later stages is the core part of the system.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Torghast is a rogue-like feature.
    Obviously you'll need anima powers for the later stages.

Collecting powers to defeat stronger foes on later stages is the core part of the system.
    Yea; maybe ill log into alpha and try it out once it's testable.

Sounds fun, I wonder how things r going to scale as players get more geared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this sounds way more interesting and a high potential cap than island expeditions ever did.

Hopefully they can do this content justice and make it as fun to play as it sounds.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping runs aren't limited like Horrific Visions. Sounds fun otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    SO what you're saying is it's solo content.
    No - stop being so dense. What he’s saying is that it’s not exclusively solo, as it can be done with 1,
    2, 3, 4 or 5 people. The original comment he replied to suggested that it was just solo content, when it’s not.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    No - stop being so dense. What he’s saying is that it’s not exclusively solo, as it can be done with 1,
    2, 3, 4 or 5 people. The original comment he replied to suggested that it was just solo content, when it’s not.
    so can be visions - yet nearly anyone chooses to do them solo .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    what a situation we have here: mmorpg's future is decided by it's solo content quality
    People have less time available and so raids are no longer the only thing people want or can play.

As others have said looks good on paper, also liking the design choice that playing smart over playing fast takes priority.

I really liked the Legion artifact challenges so more of this is really something that could get me back into WoW.

It sounds pretty interesting. It seems to indicate if the Tarragrue spawns you still have a chance to beat the level, which I'd assume resets your death counter. I hope it works out this sounds great for those ultra casual people who may only play with their S/O or friends/family and give them something challenging and interesting to do without doing pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Hoping runs aren't limited like Horrific Visions. Sounds fun otherwise.
    Echoing this, if it is limited I’d rather it was on the scale of nethershards for the Legion mage towers.

3-4 attempts per week is madness and not fun, it’s very frustrating.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Should do a cross promotion and make the Tarragrue a giant Tonberry.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Echoing this, if it is limited I’d rather it was on the scale of nethershards for the Legion mage towers.

3-4 attempts per week is madness and not fun, it’s very frustrating.
    they are limited(kinda suck) but they said that not as hard as visions are, what i think sucks is they said you can take your time inside that it wasnt timed and now they introduce that shit mechanic tarragrua to artifially limit the run, that is shit and i dont need to even test it to say it needs to go, let people take their time.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Similar to a normal Rift in D3.

Sounds pretty cool but isn't it sort of just like that suramar 'solo instance' (with the withered) on steroids?

Not complaining exactly, I liked that. Especially completing everything felt like an accomplishment and not a steamroll.

Quote Originally Posted by azkhane View Post
    they are limited(kinda suck) but they said that not as hard as visions are, what i think sucks is they said you can take your time inside that it wasnt timed and now they introduce that shit mechanic tarragrua to artifially limit the run, that is shit and i dont need to even test it to say it needs to go, let people take their time.

The way its written it seems more like that guy only comes out if you die too much, which is an alternative to just kicking you out once you die 1 or 2 times.