Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This isn't entierly out of your control. I sometimes tank m+ on my alts, and its tough. WoW isn't rocket science, but tanking takes a very different skillset then dps does, especially on affixes like sanguine or necrotic. I ussualy had a fun time, even when people were toxic, but i would have had more fun if people respected the fact its a "leading", stressful role, and ever since noticing that i tried to do the same and be more paitent with tanks in my run.

You can do it too, be welcoming and respectful, even if their play is off and they do mistakes, and that tank is much more likely to enjoy his run and come back. This is especially true for stressful content like m+, but the fear of tanks from toxicity is likely to remain, so do what you can each run and you may even find consistent tank friends.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is your fault. As a player, for not tanking or healing, specially tanking.

Simple as that.

Blizzard can not do anything else, the system is pretty much perfect as it is and queues are pretty much nothing... as long as 20 or 30 minutes, which is nothing (it used to take and hour and a half to two hours on average to build a group)
    20-30 minutes wait time to play a video game is pretty fucking far from nothing, or even acceptable.

Can you imagine if it took 25 minutes to launch CS:GO? Hearthstone? WoW players are masochists who have somehow been tricked into thinking wasting their time is good because they could've been wasting even more time in older days.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    20-30 minutes wait time to play a video game is pretty fucking far from nothing, or even acceptable.

Can you imagine if it took 25 minutes to launch CS:GO? Hearthstone? WoW players are masochists who have somehow been tricked into thinking wasting their time is good because they could've been wasting even more time in older days.
    You only have to wait if you have no friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You only have to wait if you have no friends.
    They could also allow cross faction grouping for all LFG/LFR content which would help as well and is easy to accomplish by putting everyone in a disguise so no one knows which faction you are from.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post

You cant really compare two games in completley different genres. Should raids from first boss to last boss last as long as a game in CS:GO? MMORPG is a whole different world in gaming than a FPS, as it should be.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    DLC#721
    This one should have ended the thread before it started. Too underrated.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

It's been said already but I'll repeat it for posterity. It's your fault as dps. Pugs are like trade chat. I'm sorry to say this but WoW is about 99% toxic fuckboys. We as healers have zero desire to run with rando assholes and I'm fairly sure tanks can say the same thing. You guys act like dicks, this is what you get. Until there is a shift in attitudes towards each other as a whole it won't happen. But altruism is too much to ask of this playerbase. Your best bet? Make friends. Be nice. Et voila!

If you realize that virtually 80% of all specs are DPS and not healer/tank, the problem explains itself.

If you don't get that, you should've paid more attention at school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    It's been said already but I'll repeat it for posterity. It's your fault as dps. Pugs are like trade chat. I'm sorry to say this but WoW is about 99% toxic fuckboys. We as healers have zero desire to run with rando assholes and I'm fairly sure tanks can say the same thing. You guys act like dicks, this is what you get. Until there is a shift in attitudes towards each other as a whole it won't happen. But altruism is too much to ask of this playerbase. Your best bet? Make friends. Be nice. Et voila!
    Not to mention nobody really runs dungeons via the finder anymore unless it's very early into the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Who the heck is still queuing for dungeons this late into the expansion anyway?
    People who are using the experience buff to level, for one.

While we're talking about AI companions, why doesn't Blizzard just give you 19 other AI companions so you can do Mythic raiding without having to wait in group finder for someone to take a risk on your barely-touched heroic character? This is possible.

I know I'm blowing OP's suggestion way out of proportion but that's exactly where this kind of stuff is going to go if they ever take the AI-companion approach. Think about it: Right now it's an AI tank so that your group can start. Maybe an AI tank and healer if queues are really bad. I mean, why not? DPS shouldn't have to wait so long, right? But this is a social problem, for people who literally cannot handle doing more than pushing a button and having the game assemble a group for them. They typically won't say anything the whole run (and the ones that do usually just disparage other members of the group) and have their own expectation of how the run should go. They're anti-social creatures, even in a virtual world, and they want to be able to do everything without having to interact with other players. So, how could I not raise the probability of this ai-tank/ai-healer dungeon finder request becoming an ai-everything request?

This is a social problem and it has an extremely effective social solution. If you can't bring yourself to type a few words directly to another player once in a while, maybe toss on a headset and speak a few words in a fight, then your WoW problems aren't going to be solved by an AI tank.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2020-04-15 at 10:54 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Mix of less people playing and large level spread. The tank/healer thing has always existed but in 14 queues are much shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the funnel is lack of tanks and not healers. I believe this is because the barrier of entry for tanking mythic plus is quite high compared to the other two roles. It is by far the most important in setting the pace but you need to know which groups to pull and which paths to take and all sorts of little tricks or you risk getting flamed. You will have a horrible time learning how to tank properly if you step into mythics without much knowledge compared to swapping to heals or dps.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix Farwin View Post
    Mix of less people playing and large level spread. The tank/healer thing has always existed but in 14 queues are much shorter.
    I have barely touched FF14, but I understand that given enough time, you can have all the "specs" (jobs, I think they're called there) on a single toon. That helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanstos View Post
    Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    What r u doing lvling? U can easily quest while u wait for the queue to pop.

There r plenty of other options. Tank/heal urself. Make friends to play with, etc.

I don’t think it’s an issue blizzard needs to fix. And just because there is an issue doesn’t mean blizzard needs to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I have barely touched FF14, but I understand that given enough time, you can have all the "specs" (jobs, I think they're called there) on a single toon. That helps a lot.
    As far as leveling goes it doesnt help at all. Doesnt make a difference if i have a lvl 80 tank if i am trying to lvl something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    this 100%, you want more tanks and healers stop acting like cunts and have some decency.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

This is possible.
    Says it's possible, provides no suggestion or proposal. Typical Californian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggykaze View Post
    Says it's possible, provides no suggestion or proposal. Typical Californian.
    I just found you on 3 different platforms. Same idiocy all the way across the board. I wasted too much time on you already.

You should NOT use the same name and same avatar for all your accounts because someones going to find all your dirty secrets.

Blizzard has had ample time to come up with a fix for this problem. The "there are more DPS queuing than there are tanks and healers" is tired and outdated.

Remember (forgot which xpac) Blizzard said leveling as a straight healer would be possible and running solo scenarios for rewards as a healer would be a thing?

Why not implement a scenario for singular people without guilds, without the 20+ minutes of waiting AND then running said dungeon?

AI has worked fine in brawlers guild, that gives rewards. It was viable in Proving Grounds, we started the fights as whatever spec we wanted...

This is possible.
    or just tank/heal

Make dungeons 6 man; 1 tank, 1 heal, 4 dps. This will directly lower que times for dps by %33.