Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Zul'Gurub deaded?

ZG ded already? Was it hard/easy? Is the blood plague fixed? Would be funny..

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks very easy. My guild (casual 2 day raiders) went in and 1 shot everything. Not a challenge at all by the looks of things.

15+ Year Old Account
    OK so I don't need to resub even for 20mans. Sad.
    See you in BC classic.

None of these will be hard. Been on farm for years and years, nothing new is added to them so what would be “hard” about them. Maybe if you pugged the raid and turned off add ons and headsets you’d have a bit of a time killing them..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    ZG ded already? Was it hard/easy? Is the blood plague fixed? Would be funny..
    1. guild was able to do it day 1 with all 5 priests up
    2. joined a pug (on rp realm, alliance) we are at the last 2 bosses only wiped once on tiger, and then twice on panther (so bugged) but rest were calk walks.
    3. yeah its pretty easy, most of us are barely geared (Im literally in blues and greens, and in some leveling gear, ive got a 38 ring, and most of my gear is 50-55)
    4. yeah blood plague is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    See you in BC classic.
    TBH I think you'll have the same in TBC.

People know everything in classic (and tbc) like the back of their hand. The knowledge of the fights, the optimal gear, the setup, addons/weakaura's, everything. They'll go into any new raid in a fully BiS equiped group and take it for a walk.

It's not like they've dumbed down the content, it's the players who are completely prepared for it this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post

People know everything in classic (and tbc) like the back of their hand. The knowledge of the fights, the optimal gear, the setup, addons/weakaura's, everything. They'll go into any new raid in a fully BiS equiped group and take it for a walk.

It's not like they've dumbed down the content, it's the players who are completely prepared for it this time around.
    Yes. Thread and posts like never before! Isnt that just obvious atm for everyone? Same titles all over again No offence but mostly everyday im reading same topic threads and posts with same conclusions and thoughts.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's gonna be better. I've raided up to mid-BWL in classic vanilla, it was all absolutely piss easy - whenever we struggled it was because half of the players performed like an absolute retard. Taking seconds to react to anything and doing half their supposed dps/hps output when undisturbed.

I've played with a much better set of players in BC and it was still noticeably harder than classic vanilla. Our first raidboss kills always took a few pulls barring endbosses like KT/Illidan. Heroic 5mans were super fun and painful in the first months. Some of the mobs did absolutely obscene amount of damage, forcing kite tactics and stuff like that. ZA bearruns required a ton of good execution and top gameplay for 40+ mins, something like mid-high end m+ currently. I don't see these difficult mobs/bosses being too trivial at any point. I'd be sad to be wrong.
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-04-16 at 08:50 AM.

I hope it's gonna be better. I've raided up to mid-BWL in classic, it was all absolutely piss easy - whenever we struggled it was because half of the players performed like an absolute retard. Taking seconds to react to anything and doing half their supposed dps/hps output when undisturbed.

I've played with a much better set of players in BC and it was still noticeably harder than classic. Our first raidboss kills always took a few pulls barring endbosses like KT/Illidan. Heroic 5mans were super fun and painful in the first months. Some of the mobs did absolutely obscene amount of damage, forcing kite tactics and stuff like that. ZA bearruns required a ton of good execution and top gameplay for 40+ mins, something like mid-high end m+ currently. I don't see these difficult mobs/bosses being too trivial at any point. I'd be sad to be wrong.
    Part way through BWL? TBH that's not really anything to brag about. Sounds like ZG is exactly your sort of pace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Part way through BWL? TBH that's not really anything to brag about. Sounds like ZG is exactly your sort of pace.
    Maybe just maybe you misunderstood my comment. I was talking about MY ORIGINAL 2006-2008 gaming experience in Vanilla/BC and fellow players back then. I've compared the vanilla experience and BC experience. Figured it was kind of obvious, but I've gone back now and edited in Vanilla instead of Classic.

With the current set of players in WoW Classic we have facerolled everything, while the game pace felt awfully slow. Therefore I cancelled a few months ago in early MC out of sheer boredom. I've just contacted them a few minutes ago regarding their ZG progress. They have 1shot ZG very easily on first try, so that kind of answers my question and also OP too - yes, also ZG is very trivial today.
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-04-16 at 08:51 AM.

Do people really think that catchup 20man raid will be hard for MC/BWL geared players? Oh god...
    During original Vanilla i cleared everything in ZG (probably without Hakkar but not sure) with my dogshit guild that was not able to get 40man for MC.

I was talking about MY ORIGINAL 2006-2008 gaming experience in Vanilla/BC and fellow players back then.
    Still nothing to brag about :P

it was easy for a raid clad in t2 you could pretty much just faceroll most of it but, I kinda expected this.

back in the day I remember ppl just took the fights slow, for example, many bosses were mana drained completely dry so if you had warlocks they pretty much would be doing zero damage until the boss had no mana, but you ofc don't really need to do that. I think we did the spider boss and she didn't change form once, she just, died. bat boss didn't do much either she didn't get chance to summon adds.

the instance ofc is relevant and balanced around the stats of the time so ppl will die, its not like being level 80 and stomping some lower level content from classic or tbc and having a massive advantage over it, the bosses still hit like trucks. that fishing boss for example was getting 2k crushing blows on me and i have full t2. so you do have to actually heal, and raids of full blue geared alts will probably still find it challenging based on the limitations / lack of gear.

our fury warrior for example, ran into venoxis and was one tapped by all 4 snakes and the boss hitting him at the same time. I was mostly just off tanking. but yeah you can be globalled in there. but also the amount of min maxing shows and the bosses themselves largely just melt.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-04-16 at 09:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgran View Post
    Still nothing to brag about :P
    And who the hell bragged? I was trying to figure out how difficult would classic ZG or an upcoming classic BC feel, compared to the original experience. Does noone in this forum have basic reading comprehension skills?

As to be expected. People farming MC/BWL with no stress and being ovegeared. Expect the same result with AQ & Naxx.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Wait for naxx

Even then the core classic players would of already had their bis and cleared it on private before the classic realms even come up.

Classic wows about the journey, not the end game, if you wanted end game you’d play the original where mythic nya would break you

7+ Year Old Account
    So update btw.

did it.
    in 100% blues and greens from level 50-55, my only epic being a level 38 ring with shadowdamage.
    i got carried of course, but there was other people who also were undergeared, and we still did it, with only 2 bosses giving us realy issues, and 2 only wiping once as we learned the fights.
    we had a person who got level 60 6 hours before the raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It was a faceroll in BWL gear.

See you in BC classic.
    Hope to see ya in the guild you put together.

no you wont,tbc actualy has tuning! unlike vanila,people wipe in timewalk tbc dungeons,and these are LEAGUES easier than the actual tbc ones

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no you wont,tbc actualy has tuning! unlike vanila,people wipe in timewalk tbc dungeons,and these are LEAGUES easier than the actual tbc ones
    Oh you are so so wrong xD.

TBC will be facerolled aswell.