Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Doesn't pretty much everybody live in over-crowded conditions in Singapore?! It's the most densely populated place in the world.
    Most densely populated place? Far from it. If you go by country it is very densely populated, yes, but if you go by place? Seoul has like double the population density.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-04-16 at 05:26 PM.

Having 50 news channels with thousands of people in production working there 24/7 in shifts is fine.
    But a weekend wrestling show is a no-no.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    First, wrestling involves much fewer people than any profession team-based sport. Second, I'd wager that most sports are going to continue in some fashion during this. They also have more of a hurdle with players' unions in order to get deals sorted out to start up again.
    There are plenty of people working behind the scenes in Wrestling Matches, you're underestimating how much work goes into it which includes make up artists etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Are you familiar with the First Amendment in the United States Constitution?
    Is that why a Pastor got arrested for not Practicing Social Distancing?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Having 50 news channels with thousands of people in production working there 24/7 in shifts is fine.
    But a weekend wrestling show is a no-no.
    OK.
    Probably a good time to notice that the anti-wrestling thing is about being a moral busybody, not about any actual pragmatic concern.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Is that why a Pastor got arrested for not Practicing Social Distancing?
    This is an argument that the government is acting against its Constitution, not that the text doesn't say what it says.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Most densely populated? Far from it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lation_density

Huh? Only Monaco and Macau are above it, but those are tiny compared to Singapore.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Huh? Only Monaco and Macau are above it, but those are tiny compared to Singapore.
    Countries, yes. You said most densely populated place. Seoul has like double the population density of Singapore and it's not even close to the top. The most densely populated place has like 42000/km2.

Singapore is a bit larger than Seoul in area but has like half the population density.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2020-04-16 at 05:40 PM.

Probably a good time to notice that the anti-wrestling thing is about being a moral busybody, not about any actual pragmatic concern.

- - - Updated - - -

This is an argument that the government is acting against its Constitution, not that the text doesn't say what it says.
    Yes, certainly works comparing newscasters to full contact sports people dripping sweat over their opponents and the support staff.

My wife and I talked about that as we noticed that the Best Buy in our area is open. Talk about mixed messages! How can it simultaneously be true that we're experiencing such an unprecedented wave of disease that all "non-essential" businesses must be closed, but that people can't be expected to live without new electronics goods for a couple weeks? This mostly makes it seem like governors have painted themselves into a corner with the "essential" label. I suppose people don't do well with weighting relative risks and benefits though, so the black and white "essential" got used and now they have to invent reasons why TV shows totally fit in that bucket...
    Best buy is not open to the public.

They have a skeleton staff (less than a few per 25,000+ sqft building) on hand that will give you your item purchased on line in the parking lot with zero contact (inserted into your trunk).
    You are limited on the items you can buy.

they just furloughed most of their workers this week https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coro...employees.html
    The company’s stores are offering curbside pickup during the coronavirus pandemic, but they’ve been closed to customers since March 22.

If you didn't understand that electronics are needed to keep some business running, work at home employees working, keep kids being educated at home for schools that are doing classes on line, etc etc...then I think you are really not trying too hard.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Take the stats in context. Each of those top ones is essentially a city state.

Singapore compared to other cities isn't densely populated. Compared to other countries it is because countries have countryside, Singapore doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Best buy is not open to the public.

They have a skeleton staff (less than a few per 25,000+ sqft building) on hand that will give you your item purchased on line in the parking lot with zero contact (inserted into your trunk).
    You are limited on the items you can buy.

they just furloughed most of their workers this week https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/15/coro...employees.html
    The company’s stores are offering curbside pickup during the coronavirus pandemic, but they’ve been closed to customers since March 22.

If you didn't understand that electronics are needed to keep some business running, work at home employees working, keep kids being educated at home for schools that are doing classes on line, etc etc...then I think you are really not trying too hard.
    Huh. Sure looked like a lot of people in the parking lot walking up to the store, but apparently I was mistaken about what exactly they were doing. Maybe a shift change.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yes, certainly works comparing newscasters to full contact sports people dripping sweat over their opponents and the support staff.
    Because WWE is too poor to test a few fighters before a show.

They're already too poor to provide Benefits to WWE Wrestlers.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post

Yep sure don't ya are wicked smart <rolls eyes>
    Hmm, touched a nerve here didn't I?

So why exactly do you think some states are banning movement between households if gatherings less than 6 is fine (according to you, and not any medical professionals)?

It's almost as if "social distancing" as a concept is about staying the fuck away from others regardless of group sizes.

What a novel concept!

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know when they give health insurance to their actors wrestlers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Plenty of people can't cook. Some lower income households don't have a stove etc to even cook a meal.
    Plenty of people can't cook well. Big difference. But food packages have instructions, and there are plenty of food products that are edible without any kind of preparation.

Also, are you seriously suggesting with a straight face that the number of households without a stove, microwave, or even a hot plate is more than, like, 0.01%? I'd love for you to find a stat that backs up some kind of meaningful number.

Regardless, the above statement is still true: there are plenty of options, especially in a pandemic emergency, for food that needs no preparation. Also, most decent-sized grocery stores produce prepared, cooked food, too, so...

Look, I'm not trying to say that restaurants should close. If that's what you think then you need to re-read what I said. But they're not literally essential, even though they're labeled as "essential".

People need electronic devices for communication while in Home Office. Communication is also essential to maintain mental health.
    People already have electronic devices for communication. Nobody who didn't have a computer, TV, phone, etc. before is suddenly going to rush out to buy one now.

And while they might need more, or need to replace something, those products are something easily purchasable online for delivery rather than requiring local stores to remain open for customers.

But I'll repeat again, I'm not saying those store should specifically be shut down. But they're not strictly essential.

Exercise is important to maintain physical and mental health.
    And sporting goods stores are not required for exercising. It's convenient, not essential.

Same deal.

Craft Stores are closed here, I got nothing on that one.
    Obviously, these are US companies, but...

JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts (850 locations, 23k employees) is still open.
    Michael's Crafts (1250 locations, 44k employees) is open for curb-side pickup.

Those are just examples of large chains.

The point is that while none of the above are literally essential, they ostensibly provide enough benefit to offset their respective risks.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They're already too poor to provide Benefits to WWE Wrestlers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let me know when they give health insurance to their actors wrestlers.
    Try staying on topic guys.

People already have electronic devices for communication. Nobody who didn't have a computer, TV, phone, etc. before is suddenly going to rush out to buy one now.

And while they might need more, or need to replace something, those products are something easily purchasable online for delivery rather than requiring local stores to remain open for customers.

But I'll repeat again, I'm not saying those store should specifically be shut down. But they're not strictly essential.
    s.

lol tens of millions of school aged kids all of a sudden having to do schoolwork from home will have no impact what so ever on people rushing out to buy computers, laptops or tablets.

Guess they can all share the same computer mom is using to work from home with or do it with their iphones…. /s

As for delivery, go look at amazon for a while there the quickest non healthcare related business could get an item was 5 days. Not sure what it Is now but its no longer next day. Hell even the local Walmart/target which is 3 miles away no longer offers next day delivery. You going to tell your boss it will be 5 days before you get back online because your modem got fried?

Obviously, these are US companies, but...

JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts (850 locations, 23k employees) is still open.
    Michael's Crafts (1250 locations, 44k employees) is open for curb-side pickup.

Those are just examples of large chains.

The point is that while none of the above are literally essential, they ostensibly provide enough benefit to offset their respective risks.

well since they made mask "required" now in a few states and growing, its beyond essential since you cannot even go out to get medication now without one.
    Even saw a CVS today with a sign that said all customers are required to wear a mask. I am sure corporate is going to chew them out since this is not an official requirement by them.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And as you can see, a lot of them are carrying weapons. Guarantee most of those morons wouldn't know what the fuck they were doing with them if someone actually did shoot at them. And I would have laughed if state police would have arrested EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. It also isn't surprising, that the retards that are wanting these lockdowns to end, are also all moronic Trump supporters that have listened to Fox News or OANN because apparently they like being lied to.
    The police? You missed the reference that reported that many of those police officers weren't wearing masks.

------------------

April 14 -15 Change in United States Data

Following new CDC guidelines: "As of April 14, 2020, CDC case counts and death counts include both confirmed and probable cases and deaths. This change was made to reflect an interim COVID-19 position statement issued by the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists on April 5, 2020. The position statement included a case definition and made COVID-19 a nationally notifiable disease.

A confirmed case or death is defined by meeting confirmatory laboratory evidence for COVID-19. A probable case or death is defined by i) meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19; or ii) meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence; or iii) meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID19" [source]

This change is a further example of one of the many reasons why the label "confirmed cases" (used by some to designate total cases) is incorrect (see definitions for more details). The US CDC (and Worldometer) has always used the label "Total Cases." Canada is another example where the "total number includes publicly reported confirmed and probable cases [source]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Take the stats in context. Each of those top ones is essentially a city state.

Singapore compared to other cities isn't densely populated. Compared to other countries it is because countries have countryside, Singapore doesn't.
    And compared to other cities, Singapore has countryside, other cities don't. Like half of Singapore's area is countryside outside of the city.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Am I missing something or did 5k deaths just get recorded in the US within the last 12 hours ?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Am I missing something or did 5k deaths just get recorded in the US within the last 12 hours ?
    Hmmmm? 2,7k yesterday, 1,3k thus far today. Not sure what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I see.

It was easter numbers on 13th and 14th. 5k extra deaths there.

And people here were saying "Easter doesn't make a difference"..... x_x