10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Yeah.
    TV works from home now.
    Allright.
    Yeah.
    They do work from home.

Would you like to bow out now that your ridiculous comparison has been summarily dismissed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither is 50 channels of news TV.
    You do not need to isolate from people on TV... /facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah.
    TV works from home now.
    Allright.
    Yes... TV works from home...

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the willingness of Republicans to get their supporters killed. Protesting in densely packed crowds, chanting slogans for hours to protest a virus is... special.

I do have empathy for the actual people though, I don't actually hold anything against them. It is very, very hard for people who are not privileged enough to be financially secure through this mess. My younger sister worked in retail so she got laid off 3 weeks ago, and South Carolina refuses to give her unemployment for some bizarre reason. She is fine, because we can take care of her as a family, but she is extremely frustrated she can't take care of herself right now. For many people it is far worse, as they may not have anyone to turn too.

So I get their point, I really do. For someone like that, who gets fed a constant stream of Fox News that can't make up its mind if the disease is even serious or not, I get the demand to go back to work. This is solidly the responsibility of the Conservative politicians and media that have recklessly and irresponsibly driven dismissive and partisan messaging, in direct contradiction of scientific and medical advise. This is the end result of this betrayal of their constituents, as they are acting on what they have been told, and many of them will die because of it.

That cat above is rather photogenic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the willingness of Republicans to get their supporters killed. Protesting in densely packed crowds, chanting slogans for hours to protest a virus is... special.
    Even at worst case scenario, the death rate wouldn't mean much to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah.
    They do work from home.
    You're hilarious.
    Go and stand in front of CNN HQ to see all the homeworkers coming and leaving.
    Enough on this from me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The new normal is getting old fast

So much for settling into the new normal: The new normal is unsettled. It has been just over a month since the Beforetimes fell away — that Wednesday in March when the World Health Organization declared a pandemic, the NBA suspended its season, Tom Hanks announced he and his wife were covid-positive and President Trump gave a sober prime time address from the Oval Office.

A month and change. You might have thought we’d have gotten the hang of this stay-at-home thing by now. But flattening the curve has warped our lives. The arc of self-quarantine is long, and it bends toward bad habits: cookies for breakfast, staying up late to play video games, midday naps.
    I find setting goals helps.

Work on your health, pick up a hobby besides gaming like drawing. Dust of that old guitar that has been collecting dust, get some books or ebooks.

Also very little excuse to eat unhealthy since you generally have more time stuck at home to cook now.

You're hilarious.
    Enough on this from me.
    "I got my ass handed to me in an online argument so now I'm going to avoid the subject with my tail between my legs rather than admit I was wrong."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're hilarious.
    Enough on this from me.
    Is that what you do? Stalk CNN headquarters?

Clearly not because, of course, you're 100% wrong:
    https://www.channel3000.com/cnn-anch...ing-from-home/

Like other media companies, CNN has implemented sweeping changes in response to the pandemic. The vast majority of CNN employees have been working from home for several weeks. Anchors have been broadcasting from small studios and home offices.
    No wonder you don't want to continue this conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    People in the Netherlands are setting fire to 5G masts out of fear for corona virus.

https://nltimes.nl/2020/04/15/5g-ars...e-caught-video

Apparently they are also being set on fire in the UK.
    I posted about this happening last week and many, many pages back but a few people got really butthurt about it for some reason. *shrug*

Not really much to say about a few basket cases.
    They'll always be here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I posted about this happening last week and many, many pages back but a few people got really butthurt about it for some reason. *shrug*
    There are a few Dutch posters who get really defensive, it has been noticed. I was aware of the conspiracy theory but today this popped up on national news, with footage of people recording and posting it on social media.

Not really much to say about a few basket cases.
    They'll always be here.
    "I'm still not going to admit I was wrong and now I'll avoid directly relating my posts to them in the fear that I'll get my pseudo-intellectual ass handed to me again."

Loud and clear, man. Loud and clear.

-----------------------

In case this hasn't already been discussed (this thread moves pretty quickly and this is important news), there will likely be a huge spike in cases/deaths in the US today but this will be because of changes in CDC regulations on how things are reported, so don't panic, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    There are a few Dutch posters who get really defensive, it has been noticed. I was aware of the conspiracy theory but today this popped up on national news, with footage of people recording and posting it on social media.
    Yeah, it was a national news item here last week (or the week before...time is starting not to make sense anymore) as well. It already caused a stoppage in the availability of emergency services (people couldn't call 112 in the area), so it was a pretty big deal. Stupidity is ultimately going to be the end of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Smart money is on zero currently rostered wrestlers dying from COVID-19 given actual date on death rates by demographic group.
    Smart money isn't so smart since it's not accounting for underlying conditions and that their main super stars are 50+ not sure where you are pulling out that information.

15+ Year Old Account
    France +17k cases today O_O
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    France +17k cases today O_O
    They've already "forgot" to add numbers in the past, 100% same thing happening now short of their testing going up by 300%.
    At this point case numbers are a reflection of the amount of testing, not much else. Just look at India and laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the book "A Canticle for Leibowitz" is a prophecy after all! A terrific book by the way, I highly suggest it for everyone.

Copying from wikipedia a small paragraph on the background which is what I'm referring to:

"After 20th century civilization was destroyed by a global nuclear war, known as the "Flame Deluge", there was a violent backlash against the culture of advanced knowledge and technology that had led to the development of nuclear weapons. During this backlash, called the "Simplification", anyone of learning, and eventually anyone who could even read, was likely to be killed by rampaging mobs, who proudly took on the name of "Simpletons". Illiteracy became almost universal, and books were destroyed en masse."
    Looks prety much like the book of Eli, a movie with Denzel Washington https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Eli

15+ Year Old Account
    They've already "forgot" to add numbers in the past, 100% same thing happening now short of their testing going up by 300%.
    At this point case numbers are a reflection of the amount of testing, not much else. Just look at India and laugh.
    That's one hell of a 180 from you after the news don't fit your narrative. You've been quoting testing numbers here for weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Looks prety much like the book of Eli, a movie with Denzel Washington https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Eli
    A Canticle for Leibowitz is a scifi masterpiece - The Book of Eli, not much so.

:P
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

That's one hell of a 180 from you after the news don't fit your narrative. You've been quoting testing numbers here for weeks.
    I've been saying that the numbers don't matter since shortly after this thing started, check my post history.
    But lately I did quote some of them, because that seems to be the only way to get through to some people.

But anyway, don't you agree with what I wrote? Somehow the virus jumped from 5k to 17k? Surely you don't believe that when most of EU has plateaued or is in a downward trend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Smart money isn't so smart since it's not accounting for underlying conditions and that their main super stars are 50+ not sure where you are pulling out that information.
    Admittedly, I don't follow wrestling at all, but I just took a look at their rostered wrestlers, which is what was stated, and they are predominantly in their 30s. A few were in their 20s, and a few in their 40s. Not a single one that I saw was in their 50s. The closest I saw was Triple H, who doesn't really wrestle much anymore and not since he turned 50 last year, apparently.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils