Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    That UI looks like something from a mobil game, and not a pc game. Is it made in china?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed on the whole Mobile/Console feel to the new character creation screen.

Seems... Off

5+ Year Old Account
    I might be in the minority but I'm glad they refreshed the character creation UI.

I dunno I quite like that the change feels more modern then mobile to me.

On a side note I wish i kept my old account... from before the switch over whenever that was.

Not great but still than the old one.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Agreed on the whole Mobile/Console feel to the new character creation screen.

Seems... Off
    Well you know they also added gamepad support. Maybe they want to branch out. Hell if you want to have as many subscribers as possible then having console versions is a must.

It feels less fantasy-ish without the blue/red banners behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hranica View Post
    Sliders are bad, its easier to remember '14 and 6 looked like okay hairstyles' than it is to remember two points on a slider
    When you mouseover the slider a number appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    what.....

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Looks like shit. Hope we can keep the original. Looks like some shitty mobile games UI.
    Why do you think the controller strings were added? This UI screams console, It's just laid out perfectly for that reason

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Looks good to me! It's modern, and sets the game up to accommodate more races in the future, as well as other bells and whistles
    Web 2.0 has been a blight on all my favourite sites. Everything is needlessly big and has their rounded pop aesthetics on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    It's alpha, which means it's basically just streamers, family and friends that usually get in. I wouldn't expect any normal people to get invites to the alpha unless they're exceptionally lucky. That's more a beta thing, this brings in a lot of viewers and publicity
    Not according to what they themselves said when they announced the alpha:
    It’s been five months since we first revealed our World of Warcraft: Shadowlands expansion at BlizzCon 2019. The whole team has been hard at work transforming the vision we laid out last November into a reality, and we can’t wait to share our progress with all of you.

Later this week, we will send out our first round of invitations to a closed alpha test for Shadowlands.

This first batch of invitations will mainly go out to long-time WoW players with active accounts in good standing, as well as Blizzard friends and family, along with a limited number of content creators and journalists. This initial wave represents only a small fraction of the pool of testers that will ultimately gain access to the test in the coming months—if you’re interested in helping make Shadowlands better, sign up using the Beta Opt-In link on the Shadowlands home page. Later on, as we engage in focused PvP and raid testing, we’ll also do some targeted invite waves that prioritize players with extensive experience or expertise in those parts of the game.
    I don't know how to make it Blizzard blue, but you can see their post here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...ha-Invitations
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well you know they also added gamepad support. Maybe they want to branch out. Hell if you want to have as many subscribers as possible then having console versions is a must.
    Or, to accommodate for a crowd that doesn't want to play your game, you will alienate your current and loyal crowd by making console centric decisions resulting in the subsequent shuttering of the game.

Consoles aren't really the bastion for MMO's barring FF14 I think (Not sure on their console numbers but its very successful elsewhere). This is just going to be the slow decline unfortunately, Sad day but I think most of us knew a console version would happen when it dipped low enough.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-04-16 at 07:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing I don't like about the new Character creation screen is the fact that each races' lore has been shortened significantly

Like "They are strong and proud" or "They have a fiery temper and fight alongside their kin" or "They found Allies in the Horde"
    If you were new to WoW, you wouldn't even know what each race is about

Quote Originally Posted by Mixzed View Post
    That UI looks like something from a mobil game, and not a pc game. Is it made in china?
    Might as well be, it's Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Or, to accommodate for a crowd that doesn't want to play your game, you will alienate your current and loyal crowd by making console centric decisions resulting in the subsequent shuttering of the game.

Consoles aren't really the bastion for MMO's barring FF14 I think (Not sure on their console numbers but its very successful elsewhere). This is just going to be the slow decline unfortunately, Sad day but I think most of us knew a console version would happen when it dipped low enough.
    Yea man, as a PC player I'm so alienated by the change to the character creation screen, a screen I spend 90% of my play time in because I don't actually play the game I just like to look at it, so now I'm thinking about unsubbing. Thanks Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    The thing I don't like about the new Character creation screen is the fact that each races' lore has been shortened significantly

Like "They are strong and proud" or "They have a fiery temper and fight alongside their kin" or "They found Allies in the Horde"
    If you were new to WoW, you wouldn't even know what each race is about
    Yeah this is my biggest issue as well. I know the amount of people that actually read the lore part of the screen was probably tiny, but it was still some nice flavor.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

That is a moba char selection screen. Does not fit into a fantasy RPG.

I really like the new character creation screen, it looks really good.

it's too minimalistic for a fantasy realm. add stone, wood and other materials found in azeroth or at least thicker framers and borders and buttons to fit with the Warcraft aesthetic and theme. The auction house is also too sleek and minimalist, like a playstation or phone menu instead of navigating a fantasy realm menu. needs thicker buttons, sliders, borders, etc, with fantasy world / azeroth materials; wood, metal, stone, feathers, rope, as examples. Too futuristic and sleek and minimal, with no tie-in with the characters or background or music, like two different styles that clash.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much wrong with the new character creation UI...