Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    ZG was a catchup raid for guilds that could not gather 40 raiders just yet, and wanted to start gearing up.

I remember it to be quite challenging back then, particularly Jin'do and Hakkar which took a while to down.

But back then, no one had gear from MC and BWL. Everyone was pretty much fresh 60s. Also, the knowledge of classes and the BiS list was not as common as it is now, and people had little experience with raids and addons.

People are saying ZG was between MC and BWL, but that's because the gear is much better itemized. The developpers had also learned a lot.

I got both fist weapons in my first run. I’m now herods first tiger king. Zg working as intended

Is the mount dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I got both fist weapons in my first run. I’m now herods first tiger king. Zg working as intended
    My dream......you catched my dream for classic wow. (T_T) congratz

I pass the torch on to you.

Represent us well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemioza View Post
    Oh you are so so wrong xD.

TBC will be facerolled aswell.
    For organized groups min maxing? Sure it will be a walk in the park. For pugs? Not even remotely close to how easy vanilla is for pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    what excuses?im simply saying tbc is a big leg up on vanila difficulty wise,and when it comes to dungeons,we have never had hc dungeons as hard as in tbc,thats simply a fact
    My memory obviously isnt the best as it was a long time ago, but I do remember cata heroics feeling just like TBC. This of course was changed fairly quickly and they turned into faceroll content so I don't know if we can even count cata heroics as 'tough' as this lasted for a couple weeks if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You guys know Zul Gurub is supposed to be easier than BWL...right?
    I don't think people realize that at all. Nor that it's filled with catch-up gear that in many ways are around MC level.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    OK so I don't need to resub even for 20mans. Sad.
    See you in BC classic.
    I'll never understand people who enjoy that stuff takes longer to do, just because "Reasons".

Imo, The faster and easier the better, Time is money.. gotta get that loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    TBH I think you'll have the same in TBC.

People know everything in classic (and tbc) like the back of their hand. The knowledge of the fights, the optimal gear, the setup, addons/weakaura's, everything. They'll go into any new raid in a fully BiS equiped group and take it for a walk.

It's not like they've dumbed down the content, it's the players who are completely prepared for it this time around.
    BC will definitely be the same due to the reasons you stated.

I was 13-14 when I started playing WoW/TBC.

I was a Priest and I had no freaking idea what I was doing... I had a mix between PvP and low tier PvE gear - if it was purple I wore it - gems and enchants probably weren’t ideal, and helped in raids as Discipline/Holy Priest Healer, despite all my gear being DPS.

I also barely used any addons, I think I only had QuestHelper, Quartz, definitely less than 4. My relatively rubbish guild cleared everything up to Sunwell, without huge issue and again, more than half of us weren’t playing as optimally as players nowadays would i.e. addons, best in slots, all the top-tier enchants, gems etc.

People underestimate their nostalgia and also how simple WoW was mechanically back then.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    You do realize Black Temple released and no one in the world was able to kill Kael'thas at the time...

BT released May 15, 2007
    Kaelthas world first was 25.05.2007

I doubt casuals today are able to easily clear such things...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post

I was 13-14 when I started playing WoW/TBC.

I was a Priest and I had no freaking idea what I was doing... I had a mix between PvP and low tier PvE gear - if it was purple I wore it - gems and enchants probably weren’t ideal, and helped in raids as Discipline/Holy Priest Healer, despite all my gear being DPS.

I also barely used any addons, I think I only had QuestHelper, Quartz, definitely less than 4. My relatively rubbish guild cleared everything up to Sunwell, without huge issue and again, more than half of us weren’t playing as optimally as players nowadays would i.e. addons, best in slots, all the top-tier enchants, gems etc.

People underestimate their nostalgia and also how simple WoW was mechanically back then.
    It for sure won't be the same as classic. Before I get a million quotes saying "LOL YOU THINK TBC WAS THAT HARD", no that's not what I'm saying. TBC will without a doubt be no problem for the pserver players who know exactly what to do, down to raid comps and professions and min/maxing the ever living piss out of the game, sure we know that.

But it will be way more difficult for them than vanilla for sure. Also, pugs and casual guilds will struggle a BUNCH more. Casual guilds in classic right now can full clear anything they want and basically one shot any boss left and right. This will not be the case for tbc. We will 100% see guilds stuck in t4 content, guilds stuck in t5 content, and so on. I have played on a bunch of servers that are TBC and this is what has always happened. In vanilla servers, anyone and everyone can basically clear anything they want to aside from the naxx which actually makes you get a specific raid comp for some fights and actually do the dances they want you to dance. TBC will not be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    For organized groups min maxing? Sure it will be a walk in the park. For pugs? Not even remotely close to how easy vanilla is for pugs.

- - - Updated - - -

My memory obviously isnt the best as it was a long time ago, but I do remember cata heroics feeling just like TBC. This of course was changed fairly quickly and they turned into faceroll content so I don't know if we can even count cata heroics as 'tough' as this lasted for a couple weeks if I remember right
    cata heroics introduced 1 shot mecanics,lots of em,also yeah they were pretty damn hard by comparison to wrath ones,but they were designed for fresh 85's as a progression from normal dungeons,tbc hc's were designed for raiders and were not nerfed nearly as quick,i played a holy paladin early bc,played before the karazhan gear buff,doing those 5 mans was extremly close with full kara geared people,and you needed cc.....cata dungeons felt much better for my fresh 85,and got significantly easier with gear

ofc we dont know if tbc will launch with pre nerf kara gear and nerfed 5 mans

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    cata heroics introduced 1 shot mecanics,lots of em,also yeah they were pretty damn hard by comparison to wrath ones,but they were designed for fresh 85's as a progression from normal dungeons,tbc hc's were designed for raiders and were not nerfed nearly as quick,i played a holy paladin early bc,played before the karazhan gear buff,doing those 5 mans was extremly close with full kara geared people,and you needed cc.....cata dungeons felt much better for my fresh 85,and got significantly easier with gear

ofc we dont know if tbc will launch with pre nerf kara gear and nerfed 5 mans
    Yeah which is a good point. If blizzard was telling the truth, and this is going off of memory as I don't feel like digging for this comment, but I'm pretty sure when we were discussing what patch to go off of for classic they stated that it had to be 1.12 because they lost all the data before blah blah blah, but I swear I remember them saying that later expansions would be possible to progress with actual patches.

I honestly would sort of like this because if they have classes stagnant like they were in classic then everyone will roll based on that patch. But if they progress I feel like people would be a lot more prone to roll different classes because they may be strong at different parts of the expac. But that's just a different random thought.

TBC heroics at release would give the majority of people a terrible time.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Wait for naxx

Even then the core classic players would of already had their bis and cleared it on private before the classic realms even come up.

Classic wows about the journey, not the end game, if you wanted end game you’d play the original where mythic nya would break you
    naxx will be slaughtered less than a day. I Guarantee you..

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OK so I don't need to resub even for 20mans. Sad.
    See you in BC classic.
    this only makes you resub?

I don't think you ever need to resub by the looks of it

10+ Year Old Account
    ZG easy cheesy. Done with a smooth run 0 wipes PUG :P

My guild 15-manned Hakkar the other night because we were a few people short. Just took a bit longer. Was still pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    Nothing in vanilla or 'classic' will be difficult because its been theorycrafted to death and cleared over 100000 times
    Exactly. Half of what makes anything challenging is knowing or not knowing. Everyone either already knows or has a addon telling them as it happens now.

ZG is slightly harder then UBRS. of course people were going to breeze through it. Its still a fun raid though.

ZA bearruns required a ton of good execution and top gameplay for 40+ mins, something like mid-high end m+ currently. I don't see these difficult mobs/bosses being too trivial at any point. I'd be sad to be wrong.
    Bear runs weren't that hard once you had a set group of people doing it with a modicum of skill. Back in TBC we actually sold bears to people, to the point we could 9 man it and just carry a 10th as "dead weight."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

It's a catch-up Raid, quite a fun one. Should be easy even for people with pre-raid BiS to clear.